Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin is a pretty swell guy as well :)

Marvin:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Marvin. How may I assist you today?
you:
hello
you:
I recently preordered Battlefield 3 and it appears you have a new promotion going on that includes Dead Space 2 for free for BF3 preorders (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/). Is there any way I can also get Dead Space 2 for my preorder?
Marvin:
May I have your order number?
you:
sure, let me look it up
you:
Marvin:
I add the game to your account now.
you:
thank you Marvin!
you:
I see it in my games section of origin
Marvin:
And you have a great weekend now.
you:
you as well

+1 for Origin CS. You'll have to wait days for Steam CS, just to get a "no" answer.

Going to have to agree. A buddy of mine had his Steam account hacked and Steam didn't even get in contact with him until about a week after he sent an email. Origin customer service being able to be contacted via live chat makes a big difference.

Steam could learn from that.

Going to have to agree. A buddy of mine had his Steam account hacked and Steam didn't even get in contact with him until about a week after he sent an email. Origin customer service being able to be contacted via live chat makes a big difference.

Steam could learn from that.
+1

Steam having Live Chat would be immensely beneficial imo..

i pre ordered on july 22nd and got deadspace 2 through the Live CS.

so far gotten 2 games free on origin just for BF3, first Mass effect 2 and now deadspace 2 :)

arwar.jpg

4th time was the charm for me, thank you Blair! She said no at first, but then I convinced her! :)

I need origin friends as well for BF3 -- add me: accelerus (updated) fixed my ID it should work now.

can't wait for the beta! hopefully soon :)

Last edited:
I need origin friends as well for BF3 -- add me: Accelerus427

It said not found. Make sure in your privacy settings you are searchable by user name. I may have done something wrong, not sure.

Add me as thejesus187

Tried once last night and was told I'd have to cancel to get ds2...gonna try a few more times tonight after work if I have time.

Anyone know how this origins works? I've pre-ordered BF3 but it does not show up on my origins account.

We are trying to get the [H]ardgaming started with BF3 and could use you guys. We will have a server up at launch and I will be taking a week off just to play with [H]. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1634898 I am Brav0_666 as well.

I need Origin friends. Getting close to the Beta.

I need origin friends as well for BF3 -- add me: Accelerus427

It said not found. Make sure in your privacy settings you are searchable by user name. I may have done something wrong, not sure.

Add me as thejesus187

I have no friends yet. Add me if you will be a serious player.

username: AllenM3

Added - thejesus187 and AllenM3

Request can be sent to WorldExclusive

Add me on Origin : 0slice0

I've talked to about 3-4 different Origin Chat Support.. they said its a known issue and its an internal problem that will need to be fixed.. all I need to do is wait.. or is that false?

I haven't heard about it. I'd like to double check on my end, though. If it already works then it's a moot point.

Alright, should I Pm you my key? I'll be going off to do some cardio so I won't be back for a bit

I pre-ordered on the 15th (before all of this free DS2 hulabaloo) and just CS chatted with "Rene". I gave her my order number and in a minute or three I had DS2 in my games in Origin. Sa-weet!

Anyone else have to wait a while to get someone on chat? Been waiting 35 minutes so far...

All EA Experts are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An EA Expert will be with you shortly

just got done chattin with them a min ago. it was a 10 min wait. had no problem getting the free deadspace 2:D

I already own DS2, as well as ME2 and MoH, so I haven't really been able to jump on a good pre-order deal. Perhaps they could credit me with another game of equal value? Worth a shot.

No DS2 for me cause I ordered it middle of last month, way before the promotion :(. I tied but was told no unless I wanted to cancel my pre-order and the reorder it again. I used my BD code so I'll pass on the free game I guess. Next time I pre-order a game I think I'll wait to see what promotions they are gonna have first.

You are now ready to chat with Brandon.
Brandon:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Brandon. How may I assist you today?
you:
Hello, I recently preordered Battlefield 3 and it appears you have a new promotion going on that includes Dead Space 2 for free for BF3 preorders (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/). Is there any way I can also get Dead Space 2 for my preorder?
Brandon:
Can i see your order number please
you:
Sure, it's XXXXXXXXXXX.
Brandon:
Okay one moment please
you:
Sure, thank you.
Brandon:
no problem
Brandon:
Okay i consumed the game to your account
Brandon:
all you need to do is refresh the my games tab
you:
Oh excellent! I refreshed my games and it's there.
you:
You're awesome!
Brandon:
is there anything else i can do for you today?
Brandon:
Enjoy :D
you:
Haha, no that should be all. I really appreciate your help. :)
Brandon:
Thank you for contacting Origin and chatting with me. I do appreciate your time and have a great day!
you:
You too! :)
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.
Chat session has ended.

Great success!

Edit: I pre-ordered on 8/20.

I broke down and pre-ordered an hour ago, the dead space 2 offer is what pushed me over the edge.

Edit: Is it just me or does Origin d/l slower then steam?

i pre ordered on july 22nd and got deadspace 2 through the Live CS.

so far gotten 2 games free on origin just for BF3, first Mass effect 2 and now deadspace 2 :)

[*img]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3692/arwar.jpg[/img]

Nice, I pre-ordered initially on Jul 21st but cancelled to re-order with a coupon... got ME2 free, gonna have to try for Dead Space 2 with this promotion now. Quite a deal at ~$48 for BF3, ME2, and probably DS2 :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back