Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of the teaser, the blowout of the room was from a frag? If so, thats awesome as games have seriously underpowered the hand grenade for a long long time...I mean...its a fist sized ball of C4/Syntex surrounded by like 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick sheet of metal...they're hella violent little bastards. Makes me wonder how they've handled claymores....mmmm stainless steely

actually its closer to about 1/16th of an inch thick, there is about 6 ounces of comp b in them, 6 ounces of comp b would do nothing to a half inch of steel, it would just blow the det out of the top of the grenade. Not to mention that they would weight about 3 pounds if they were made of half inch steel. They are nasty, just not quite that hefty

actually its closer to about 1/16th of an inch thick, there is about 6 ounces of comp b in them, 6 ounces of comp b would do nothing to a half inch of steel, it would just blow the det out of the top of the grenade. Not to mention that they would weight about 3 pounds if they were made of half inch steel. They are nasty, just not quite that hefty

Heh, I stand corrected, been some years since ive had one in my hands but it still stands...you chuck a frag in a room its gonna kick a ton of shit up and turn people into shredded beef.

Did anyone else notice how during the knife animation he stabbed the guy then pulled off the dog tag in one motion?

I noticed that....so badass.

Am I the only one, or are the sound effects totally sick? This might be the first trailer I focused on the sound but man, I felt like I was in the thick of it. :eek:

I noticed that....so badass.

Am I the only one, or are the sound effects totally sick? This might be the first trailer I focused on the sound but man, I felt like I was in the thick of it. :eek:

I don't know if you played the alpha test, but yes, the sounds are the best I've ever heard, even better than BC2 which I thought sounded perfect.

Did you guys see the prices on the servers? $95 and some cents for 64 players for 1 MONTH. What a ripoff.

1200 a year for a game server is pretty intense though...wish I had that kind of dough to throw arkind still, lol.

1200 a year for a game server is pretty intense though...wish I had that kind of dough to throw arkind still, lol.

That is why you get a group of people to chip in. Clans, gaming communities, even donations so that someone can get a reserved slot on the server.

If we wanted, we could easily get 90 members here to chip in a buck a month.

"screen shot"(that looked fake to me) of xbox 360 playing the beta

I doubt it is fake, its an EA employee's twitter account, and its fair to say at the minute the Beta is being tested internally at EA before going public.

hwpxi.jpg

I don't see anything that suggests its fake.

Did anyone get charged for BF3 through Origin already? I thought it wasn't suppose to charge until it was ready to pre-load? :confused:

The way the ordering system is like this: the moment you place the order they put a temporary hold on the funds to see that it's there. Then the funds are released. The moment the game gets released, you will see the full charge. All online services do it this way. Amazon, Best Buy, Origin, etc. Best Buy is much worse about it, though. They constantly put a hold/release the funds until the item comes out.

The way the ordering system is like this: the moment you place the order they put a temporary hold on the funds to see that it's there. Then the funds are released. The moment the game gets released, you will see the full charge. All online services do it this way. Amazon, Best Buy, Origin, etc. Best Buy is much worse about it, though. They constantly put a hold/release the funds until the item comes out.

Amazon doesn't charge or take any kind of hold , not once since I've ordered with them until the product is ready to ship. Also Origin states on its web site that your account will not be charged until at the very least the pre-load begins.

Its not a huge deal just expected differently.

If you're actually being charged, then I'll need to go talk to the store people on Monday and ask them what the hell is going on, because you shouldn't be charged until it gets shipped/pre-loaded.

My point about Amazon was simply that they didn't fully charge you until it was shipped, much like this process. The hold is temporary and goes bye bye like 24 hours after you place the order.

I don't think my charge was ever put on hold. The money was removed from my bank account and it never came back :p

Last edited:
Order Number: removed
Order Date: August 8, 2011

Last edited:
The end of the teaser, the blowout of the room was from a frag? If so, thats awesome as games have seriously underpowered the hand grenade for a long long time...I mean...its a fist sized ball of C4/Syntex surrounded by like 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick sheet of metal...they're hella violent little bastards. Makes me wonder how they've handled claymores....mmmm stainless steely

Grenades have Composition B explosive in them, not C4.

If you're actually being charged, then I'll need to go talk to the store people on Monday and ask them what the hell is going on, because you shouldn't be charged until it gets shipped/pre-loaded.

My point about Amazon was simply that they didn't fully charge you until it was shipped, much like this process. The hold is temporary and goes bye bye like 24 hours after you place the order.

I spoke with Origin customer service and this is the transcript of my conversation :

info: Please wait. An EA Expert will be with you soon.
info: You are now ready to chat with Colter.
Colter: Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Colter. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello Colter
Colter: Hello : )
you: I was curious I placed an order for BF3 limited edition yesterday and I noticed my accountwas charged today
you: it says on your website that I wouldn't be charged until either pre-loading of the game had begun or the day of release
Colter: Oh, yes. You are seeing what is called a Pre Authorization charge.
you: So is it charging the full amount early?
Colter: It is just there to make sure your account is valid and there are funds. The charge will fall off within a few days.
Colter: Then, when the game is released, the actual charge will take place.
you: Ahh so its holding funds to check that it isn't a invalid account?
Colter: Yes, correct :)
you: So it'll release the funds in the next few days?
Colter: Yes, it will take a couple days but the charge will fall off.
Colter: Then your account will be clear, until release when the transaction takes place.
you: Ok then , thank you for your information and helping clear up my confusion
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to *snip* at the end of your chat session.
Colter: It really was no problem : ) I am glad we got that cleared up. Is there anything else I might be able to assist you with?
you: Nope , that's the only question I had. Again thanks for the information :)
Colter: It was my pleasure : ) Thank you for contacting Origin Chat, have a wonderful weekend!

So it looks like I'll just be waiting a few days. I'm impressed Origin had a live chat agent at this time on a Saturday.

Offspring, I have Origin set to run at start-up, just like I do Steam, except while steam quietly loads in the background and keeps itself hidden in my taskbar, Origin loads in the foreground and I have to manually minimize it every time I log in. Is there a way to have it load minimized?

Thanks

Unfortunately not, but I'll bring that up to the people who can decide whether to change that.
For the love of god, please convey they need to fix that ASAP. It is annoying as fuck. My entire computer boots, Windows completely loaded, all other programs completely loaded (including Steam), I click on my web browser, then suddenly everything freezes for about a half second as Origin loads on top of everything AFTER everything else on my comp has already loaded.

There are other issues with Origin, but most of them tolerable at this point. That particular one is INTOLERABLE. All they have to do is add a checkbox option to start with windows and another for starting minimized to taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back