Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Performance and IQ Review @ [H]

Piss up a rope, this thread is about performance and image quality, not to bitch, moan, or argue about gameplay.

Battlefield 3 is the most realistic first person shooter ever created.

In terms of graphics it is pretty good, though it clearly has some artistic styles that are anything but realistic looking (overly blue, overly bright lights and whatnot). Crysis 1 still has superior graphics in some instances, and ArmA 2 can look more photo realistic in many cases to BF3. Gameplay wise that line is a joke.

Otherwise nice article.

my i7 950 at 3.6ghz runs only 40 fps on large servers. I can turn the graphics down but it still runs like this

In single player cpu doesn't matter but in multilayer will you see a substantial fps difference with say an x4 3ghz vs a 2500k?

I don't know about you guys but I'm not sure 32 vs 32 is the most fun. People usually assume more players = more fun. More to kill, but also more can kill you. :)

If you don't like to play on large servers CPU performance isn't as important. Just something to think about.

Lower the graphics and keep your native resolution. Even with lower settings, BF3 still looks pretty awesome. (Think of it as incentive to buy another graphics card:p).

I agree 100% im still running a 5750 at a slight OC to 775mhz from stock 700 and on Medium preset settings and it runs and looks excellent. The differnece from Med to Ultra...with a magnifying glass..yes i can see the difference, i can run Ultra but the smoothness from medium works perfect for me.

(running an i3-2100, H61 board, 2x4GB 1333 Ram and 1 XFX 5750 on a 23" LED Acer via DVI @ 1920x1080 @ 60hz. Love my setup)

I didn't bite on this game when it came out. Looking for a shooter to play and am tempted just to experience the graphics of the FB engine. Is it worth it?

[H]ealer;1038244994 said:
I didn't bite on this game when it came out. Looking for a shooter to play and am tempted just to experience the graphics of the FB engine. Is it worth it?

I don't know... .I can't imagine joining in this game as a noob against a community of very experienced players that have all the unlocks.

graphics are great...find a server where the hackers get banned fast and it is worth it. A single GTX460 on medium settings runs great.

More on the issues DICE and EA fail to do anything about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVmEqxx-Mck&context=C366e2bfADOEgsToPDskKzQDiIpvmNaOjvrNz48UHI

A single gtx 460 gets you 40+ fps on all high settings@ 1080p. I play with everything on high, 2xmsaa, 16af and hbao. I just recently started using the fps limiter in afterburner and set it to 30. Frostbite 2 pwns my q6600. It bottlenecks both bf3 and my gtx 460. But its good enough to keep me at a stable 30fps. Yea I know. But I got used to it playing bfbc2 on consoles. You guys should try it. Playing at a consistent stable fps gives you an edge in gameplay vs playing with an fps that's all over the place. Mine can drop as low as 24 on a 64p karkand map :-O

Back