Battlefield 3: Limited Edition - Pre Order - $47.99

Hmm.. nice deal.

Never did a preorder through Newegg, I'm assuming the early beta won't be included unlike going through Origin instead? Guess it won't matter if I'm saving a couple bucks and beta will be forgotton in two months time anyways. Came out to $51.47 after taxes for me.

I was going to pre-order at gamestop for the Physical Warfare Pack but I don't think the extra guns are worth the extra $12. Ordered through newegg :)

DAO-12 Shotgun
Flash Suppressor
Type 88 LMG
Flachette Ammo

Week before MW3
Last week Skyrim
Now BF3

I didn't pre-order Skyrim, but I have pre-ordered BF3 and MW3. Kudos to Newegg for offering a decent price. Just too bad they don't do release date shipping like Amazon.

Hm, I didn't know about that Physical Warfare pack.. I really don't buy many retail games anymore, so for $12, that might be kinda neat

I was going to pre-order at gamestop for the Physical Warfare Pack but I don't think the extra guns are worth the extra $12. Ordered through newegg

I was just thinking, how long until the "limited" editions become like their name sake? Lacking pieces/maps/etc. Hehe.

Plus, have you seen the gun list? It's massive.

I was going to pre-order at gamestop for the Physical Warfare Pack but I don't think the extra guns are worth the extra $12. Ordered through newegg :)

DAO-12 Shotgun
Flash Suppressor
Type 88 LMG
Flachette Ammo

The physical warfare pack bonus just means it unlocks on day 1. It unlocks for everyone later on, even nonpreorders - http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...k-available-to-all-battlefield-3-players.aspx

The only real exclusive for preorders is Back to Karkand, which later people will need to pay for.

Also, when does the code expire?
Edit: Just saw this

Pre-order: Ships After 10/25/2011

I think I'll hold out for something from amazon or steam

OK, that may be true, but it's not currently on steam due to the 'fight' between valve and EA and even if you buy it on another service you must run it through Origin, Origin will have to be loaded and active. It's like how Steamworks games work, but for the evil empire.

Origin is required.. Why would you want to add more DRM?
Who cares. Steam DRM is seamless, not an annoyance like StarForce. Your digital distributor of choice is your choice unlike when the DRM is integrated into the title.

DRM for gaming is not a buzz word to instigate flaming. The seamless variants are fine and understandable. It's crap like StarForce that deserves all the bashing. Get your facts straight.

Who cares. Steam DRM is seamless, not an annoyance like StarForce. Your digital distributor of choice is your choice unlike when the DRM is integrated into the title.

DRM for gaming is not a buzz word to instigate flaming. The seamless variants are fine and understandable. It's crap like StarForce that deserves all the bashing. Get your facts straight.

Origin is integrated into the Title. and BF3 requires Origin.. Seem like straight facts to me. :confused:

Origin is integrated into the Title. and BF3 requires Origin.. Seem like straight facts to me. :confused:

Origin is required.. Why would you want to add more DRM?

Im tempted but going to hold out and hope it goes back on steam before release.

:rolleyes:

This particular discussion is about Steam.

forum needs a tard avatar.

You're really blowing a simple question out of perspective. But if it makes you feel better and cool. Good for you.

grrrrr that pisses me off, I refuse to pay $60 for a game that does not include everything.

grrrrr that pisses me off, I refuse to pay $60 for a game that does not include everything.

IMO I think the Limited edition is the best since it includes the Back to Karkand expansion pack. Anyone not pre-ordering the limited edition will be forced to pay $10-15 for this pack. The Physical Warfare Pack on the other hand will eventually be unlocked for everyone, for free.

I'd rather see a BF3 LE pre-order/release day price of $40 w/o the need for origin or at lest the option to integrate it into steam. Oh how times have changed. :(

discovered that Battlefield 3 on PC will have no in-game server browser, players will have to browse servers using a web-browser based solution, and restart the game every time they need to swap or rejoin servers.

Is this true? - Someone posted it on FB, (if so I will sadly pass this one by)

I was in alpha and that is true, the server browser is web based, but it worked pretty good

so, this requres a login to Origin to play?

so if it did come to steam, we would need to do the double login game ala Ubisoft or GFWL games? Super annoying.

Back