Battlefield 3 Launch Party - Austin Tx - Oct 28-30

PowersGaming

Weaksauce
BF3_PGSiteSlider.jpg

Complete Details HERE

Last edited:
nice! we are having a BF3 Launch Party in Tyler, TX as well! (see one of the newest threads! (Do you have any sponsors?

nice! we are having a BF3 Launch Party in Tyler, TX as well! (see one of the newest threads! (Do you have any sponsors?

Sounds Great ! I would think there will be all kinds of "BF3 Launch" parties going on; the game is really getting popular. How 'bout a link to yours so we can check it out ? Our info page is here.

Regarding your question, we had sponsors for years.. NewEgg used to give us $5k a month back in '05 when we were heavy into gaming. We had this really nice 15-page brochure that offered Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorship packages. Lessors sponsors were procured as well. Back then, sponsors were a tremendous amount of work imo, and these days, with our current economic climate, it's even harder to land and keep them.

We used to spend so much time on "sponsorship" that one day my son was like, "F this; it would be cheaper and easier if we just did this ourselves". Smart man. What we do now is put up our own money to finance our endeavor. About $2k per event to be honest, not counting month to month operating expenses like servers, website and whatnot.

A sense of freedom arose from Jordan's decision to can sponsors. Now our site is uncluttered (no ads selling crap, or blurbs touting this company and that company), and we're no longer wasting time babysitting these guys. Nor are we married to them; if we're unhappy with our server company for instance, we simply move to another one. We also enjoy more flexibility; no need to serve the same product for lunch at every event.

Bottom line for us was we wanted full control of our business, and didn't want to answer to anyone. But that's just us; every business acumen is different.

Last edited:
Info page
Its the correct linky!

nice! I really like ur thinking! unfortunately most people here (including me) are on tight budgets, otherwise we would be doing the same thing!

Here are pics from our first two events!

http://photobucket.com/lan07 (2007)
http://photobucket.com/lan08 (2008)

yea this year is the best year for sponsor's I am not allowed to say really who or what, but a conservative estimate is about $3k worth of prises from sponsors!

We've figured out that teh best way to give out prizes is a raffle ticket system!

Last edited:
Nice pics my friend ! Funny that we both do group shots ;)

Tyler, TX... You guys make QuakeCon ?

been trying to for years... something always seems to get in the way...

just realized I posted the wrong link in the info page linky... my bad

Back