Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Is Air Superiority like a multiplayer pseudo flight sim? That could be cool.

One central cap point, attached to a blimp, at least in the map shown. Air capture.

From their video, I doubt there will be any ground vehicles or even runways, players will likely spawn into jets. At-least that's what I expect. But could be way off.

If there are runways, there's nothing stopping the other team from flying into the uncap, and stealing the entire enemy teams jet air force.

I'll only play Air Superiority to C4 and RPG jets mid air :D Other then that, will be no fun for me since my skills in jets are mediocre :( Some freaking amazing pilots out there.

anybody playing BF3 at 1600p or 1440p? whats the performance like with msaa disabled..

anybody playing BF3 at 1600p or 1440p? whats the performance like with msaa disabled..

I'm playing at 1600p, with msaa disabled (in rig below) performance is fine, although I've set a few settings down from Ultra to high or even medium to try to stay pegged at or above 60 FPS.

Wanted to get back into this... does one need to buy all the expansions to be able to play now or is back to karkland enough still?

Wanted to get back into this... does one need to buy all the expansions to be able to play now or is back to karkland enough still?

I would get the aftermath expansion if you want the most played expansion only. The back to kark is still busy but the AM has the best non flying maps and maybe the best maps period for that genre. If you want vehicles, the armored kill expansion is the best but there is the endgame one coming out in march? that has CTF so...I would just get the premium. You get a lot for it and all of the modes are being played pretty regular. The close quarters one is my least favorite though people still play the hell out of it.

Last edited:

No you don't need Premium to play. Premium is all of the DLC packages at a lower cost, but all you need to play on DLC servers is to own the DLC itself. You don't need to purchase or subscribe to anything to continue playing vanilla.

Wait until Premium goes on sale on Origin or Amazon. The map pa...I mean, "expansion packs", all have varying player populations depending on where you are. The Oceania region, for example, has very little activity in the DLC servers.

The weapons that come with the DLC such as the MTAR, the AUG, etc. can be used in any map and game mode once unlocked, so even if you never play any DLC maps you can still get some use out of the Premium package.

Basically armoured kill is the only DLC that's not worth getting. B2K is still the best expansion, and AM is decent as well. CQ is lame interms of gameplay but you get 10 guns, a couple of which i swear by.

I think I had my best game as far as KDR goes last night in scavenger mode(FYI no medding allowed in scavenger mode).

Went 59-3 (37 kill streak) and I joined in 5 minutes late to the 20 minute round, would have liked to start from the beginning of the round :(.

I averaged 1 kill every 15 seconds!

Majority of the time I was ground level of the tower below B guarding the ammo crate and capping C and A when we would lose them. At one point I had literally herds of "bambies" attacking me all at once since they were getting pissed that nobody was able to kill me, I was like the 6th objective F that the enemy was trying to attack lol. haxusations were flowing nicely in the chat log :D

For the 37 kill streak I was using the G3A3, that gun is deadly when firing in bursts.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54737572/1/

Last edited:
That dr2y2k guy plays a LOT. He was in servers when I was playing at lucnh eastern time and later that evening around 8 eastern then your round which was about 1030 eastern? Get a life.

That dr2y2k guy plays a LOT. He was in servers when I was playing at lunch eastern time and later that evening around 8 eastern then your round which was about 1030 eastern? Get a life.
LOL, Ya that's a ridicules long time to play. I prefer to play no more then 3hrs max, after that I get very frustrated with people in game lol, then I'm out. Funny thing is they(dr2y2k and Dr_DRiFTaHoLiC) actually invited me to TS so I joined up with them, dr2y2k was saying he cant remember the last time he played that long and that his hand was starting to cramp up so it's not an everyday thing for him, still funny thought that you mentioned that.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039584005 said:
LOL, Ya that's a ridicules long time to play. I prefer to play no more then 3hrs max, after that I get very frustrated with people in game lol, then I'm out. Funny thing is they(dr2y2k and Dr_DRiFTaHoLiC) actually invited me to TS so I joined up with them, dr2y2k was saying he cant remember the last time he played that long and that his hand was starting to cramp up so it's not an everyday thing for him, still funny thought that you mentioned that.

Shiz man, I don't like to call people out but...:(

is this you?
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-088913dc-vb257125.html

Do you also have a ban in BC2?

If it is he'd never admit it... I don't think i'll be buying any competitive games anymore honestly. Don't have time and there is always 100% of the time, a hack that is unpatchable. MMO's seem to get more support in this department so i may stick to PS2 if they can get their crap together.

Shiz man, I don't like to call people out but...:(

is this you?
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-088913dc-vb257125.html

Do you also have a ban in BC2?
It's all good Crotan, I like doing research on players also. Yes that's me.

Server I was banned from...
24/7 Shipment OGG [RANKED]
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.208.112.241:28960/

OGG's website...
http://www.ogclan.com/

When I try to login to the website(admin set msg to say 'begone"...
oggnoobs.jpg

The ban was uncalled for. Those {OGG} guys have no hard evidence on me, only opinion!

This was in early 2012 and only a few people still played COD4. I was using a CRT for ultra fast response, had a x-fi platinum with CMSS3D enabled going to Sennheiser HD595's... Directional sound was incredibly accurate especially on this tiny 24/7 Shipment map server.. In my TWL COD4 days all I did back in the day was play this map and do 1v1's on it with my squad mates using the M40 bolt action sniper rifle or W1200 shotty. I actually was super confident and created quite a few threads back in the day here on [H] and had videos posted to stage6.com to show off my quick scoping on this small map. I had the spawns memorized and even with the Dead Silence perk I still had awesome directional sound where I could track people through walls with only taking a couple steps.

To summarize what caused them ban me:
I came into there server, made "friends" with {OGG} regulars that played on that server, was only a small group of 4-5 guys and even joined TS and played with them for a couple weeks. I took 1st every single game I played with them and eventually they just got tired of getting there butt's whooped and banned me.

When I was on TS and asked them why I can't join they just acted dumb and said "update your PB" and all this other crap, then actually just stopped responding to my questions when I asked them what was going on over TS. The next day I then try to log into the website and it said "begone".

"Haters Gonna Hate"

Always wondered how you got so many targets! No, I am pretty sure that he is legit. I have played with people like him and saw them in person at lans. I think I know his play style.

I have played in squad and in ts with shiz and never thought he was anything more than hyperactive in game. He gets blindsided plenty in the open but when he gets a good position to defend he racks up kills. That and he plays with people in his room all of the time.

A demo just means they have gameplay footage that looks like he is cheating but wallhack without a SS just means they thought he knows where people are too often. In COD4 PB banned for all kinds of silly shit like steam overlay ffs. If it was a demo and they said he had an aimbot, I might be more inclined to think something was up. You can see if a person snaps to target unnaturally or makes crazy ass shots. He doesn't do that in BF3. A wallhack? In COD4 there were no vehicles and the sounds were much quieter. It was easy to hear where people were with good headphones. In BF3 he doesn't know where specific people are but does spot where the spawn has moved in scavenger and camps accordingly. I do the same thing. Not hard. They didn't do a very good job with the random spawn locations.

Put me in a small 5v5 bf3 with infantry only and I can tell you where people all day. I can hear through walls easily until explosions, guns and vehicles screw it up. So I could be banned for a wallhack too I guess. More like a Sennheiser hack though.

Plus I am sure he can post a video of his screen while playing to prove his skills if need be.

So if my opinion means anything, he is just a good alert player on caffeine powder.

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039584840 said:
It's all good Crotan, I like doing research on players also. Yes that's me.

Server I was banned from...
24/7 Shipment OGG [RANKED]
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.208.112.241:28960/

OGG's website...
http://www.ogclan.com/

When I try to login to the website(admin set msg to say 'begone"...
oggnoobs.jpg

The ban was uncalled for. Those {OGG} guys have no hard evidence on me, only opinion!

This was in early 2012 and only a few people still played COD4. I was using a CRT for ultra fast response, had a x-fi platinum with CMSS3D enabled going to Sennheiser HD595's... Directional sound was incredibly accurate especially on this tiny 24/7 Shipment map server.. In my TWL COD4 days all I did back in the day was play this map and do 1v1's on it with my squad mates using the M40 bolt action sniper rifle or W1200 shotty. I actually was super confident and created quite a few threads back in the day here on [H] and had videos posted to stage6.com to show off my quick scoping on this small map. I had the spawns memorized and even with the Dead Silence perk I still had awesome directional sound where I could track people through walls with only taking a couple steps.

To summarize what caused them ban me:
I came into there server, made "friends" with {OGG} regulars that played on that server, was only a small group of 4-5 guys and even joined TS and played with them for a couple weeks. I took 1st every single game I played with them and eventually they just got tired of getting there butt's whooped and banned me.

When I was on TS and asked them why I can't join they just acted dumb and said "update your PB" and all this other crap, then actually just stopped responding to my questions when I asked them what was going on over TS. The next day I then try to log into the website and it said "begone".

"Haters Gonna Hate"

While I understand over zealous admins, and have experience with them first hand :rolleyes:

You should appeal the Ban at PBBans, because that's no simple local ban. PBBans has you on the MBi with demo evidence. Meaning someone submitted a COD4 ingame demo of you for review, and it was determined that you were using a wallhack (say's the ban) That's a ban from every COD4 streaming server. And I know, you may shrug your shoulders, who cares about COD4 and such, but it's linked to your account and anybody looking you up will see these past bans.

lol wallhacks on Shipment? Not hard to find people on that map.

edit: Did you record that scavenger round?

Thnx for the update on that Crotan, ya I'm going to appeal it, def don't want my name to be on that list.

No didn't have that round recorded. I still need to get DXTORY setup with the link that saedrin posted in here earlier. In the past I was using fraps and didn't like the fps drop I was getting.

For the DXTORY users I have a question for you, here in this video he says choose 60fps..
http://youtu.be/gFPqiFGeyVs?t=2m5s

Does that mean my game will be capped at 60fps? Does the recording fps have to be synced with in game fps?

I would prefer to be able to play with 120fps while having it record at 60fps?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Accusing of hax. I'm by no means highly skilled, but when i do get accused i simply direct to my youtube channel.

Full round videos, no montages.

1440p with msaa disabled @ ssao, with vsync it does dip below 60fps here and there sadly, notably on bigger maps with destruction etc.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/55212931/1/350171952/

Did that last night. I wasnt Frapping like I usually am. Figures.. always happens. Not huge on kills, but i ran away with points fairly easy.

Intersting things about the round. First time I really used the AEK outside of gunmaster and I gotta be honest that its the cloest thing to hacking there is.

I also started out the round and for a good 10 minutes didnt kill a single person, but remained in first place from simply capping flags and reviving people. No health box as I was carrying smoke.

Smoke is my nhew friend. I grinded on Metro for two matches to get the kills with the M320 to get the smoke. Its awesome and totally under-utilized.

Smoke known spots where people usually cover flags from
Smoke out snipers
Smoke a tank that isnt expecting it so that someone can run in and get the C4.

Smoke is amazing. I loved it in BC2 and I now love it in BF3.

I know me and saedrin are in CEVO, any fellow [H] in any leagues or that new 3MOB bracket that's about to start up?

I missed out on cevo. My fault. Want in on anything comp though. Even ringing is better than pubbing. So tired of pubs....Save me!

I missed out on cevo. My fault. Want in on anything comp though. Even ringing is better than pubbing. So tired of pubs....Save me!

I sent you a request. My group is mostly east coast. While I can't offer you anything serious comp, that's for our members. We are going into the BF3 platoon 12v12 bracket, and our team in that is made up of our guys and guys who we frequently play with. We've already submitted our tentative roster I think.

Really won't be too serious. Normal settings, except for 75% ticket count.

There's 12 teams signed up right now: http://bf3platoonwars.com/tournament-platoon-teams/

KOA, Team Symthic, Team Reddit, FLOT & Friends, Centurions of Exil, Level Battlefield, 3MOB, The Irregulars, M1nority & Friends, ShoT DocS, Edge Gamers, and gotM Gaming Comp.

I sent you a request. My group is mostly east coast. While I can't offer you anything serious comp, that's for our members. We are going into the BF3 platoon 12v12 bracket, and our team in that is made up of our guys and guys who we frequently play with. We've already submitted our tentative roster I think.

Really won't be too serious. Normal settings, except for 75% ticket count.

There's 12 teams signed up right now: http://bf3platoonwars.com/tournament-platoon-teams/

KOA, Team Symthic, Team Reddit, FLOT & Friends, Centurions of Exil, Level Battlefield, 3MOB, The Irregulars, M1nority & Friends, ShoT DocS, Edge Gamers, and gotM Gaming Comp.

Cheers. I will see about signing up for that. Accepted.

I read the past few pages about recording, settings for Dxtory and the likes...I've been using Dxtory for the past year since it's way better than Fraps since i can scale it to 1080p (native-res at 2560x1440). Even Afterburner kicks Fraps ass these days, anyhoo...

Recording footage at the res i play at is kind of demanding (2560x1440) especially on ultra in BF3. It work's great when i let Dxtory downscale and record to 1920x1080x30fps with medium quality (YuV420). Bitrate is close to 130-140MB/s. As most of you know however, recording to this creates quite a huge file. A 40min BF3 match can easily take 300-400gb. Another thing is that recording with Dxtory does take a bit of performance away from playing, fps drops here and there..

I've always been trying different methods to record 1920x1080x60fps. Recording this RAW is close to impossible since the bitrates are at or over 300-400MB/s which is really only attainable with high-end SSD's or RAID's and i haven't felt it to be that important...

Until i read a reply few pages back about a program called Mirillis! Action. The site looked pretty ad-y first with bold promises, but i grabbed the trial since it had all settings except for a watermark at the top, great for testing out..

Wow.

Im not sure how they do it, but i'm guessing on-the-fly compression which is highly optimized for multi-threaded CPU's cause this shit works. I can record BF3 at 1920x1080x60fps with close to no performance loss whatsoever. It's like a revelation or something. If that wasn't enough, i noticed the program supports recording by using Intel's Quicksync if you have hardware that supports it (Z77/Z68/H67 + CPU with IGP like i7 2600k etc) sadly i have a Sabertooth P67 so i have yet to try this setting out, i do believe it's even faster if the performance gain is similar to what we saw in encoding benchmarks i've read with QuickSync etc.

You should really try it out, i'm surprised it's such an unknown program considering i think it kicks other programs asses. Oh, you won't need to do anything special to import finished files to Sony Vegas either.

http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Here's a small clip i uploaded, as you know Youtube only allows 30fps (but i still think that recording + rendering at 60fps creates a smoother vid + if you need slowmo you got more frames to play with)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b_pnRSlMHw

You should really try it out, i'm surprised it's such an unknown program considering i think it kicks other programs asses. Oh, you won't need to do anything special to import finished files to Sony Vegas either.

http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Here's a small clip i uploaded, as you know Youtube only allows 30fps (but i still think that recording + rendering at 60fps creates a smoother vid + if you need slowmo you got more frames to play with)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b_pnRSlMHw

I whole heartedly agree. I recorded about half an hour at 1680x1050 and the size is 44GB, and the quality is better.

With DXTORY I have to record in 720p at medium because I have HDDs. Anything higher and the write speed is too slow, resulting in choppiness.

With Mirillis Action! I can record in 1680x1050 at high quality and there is no presence of choppiness in the output video!

I didn't notice any difference in impact on game FPS between the two. But for video output, Action! definitely wins.

Back