Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039432607 said:
ROFL, 10ft around a corner that's freakin bad. I'd be pissed. For me it's only like 1ft or so, but doesn't happen all that often, but when it does I get really pissed.

Yeah. Not an exaggeration either. It was on Kark. I was behind the warehouse and got shot by a guy on the train straight across the river. I was halfway to the first water or fuel cistern when I died. Unreal.

how much of an advantage is 120hz? Im debating trying one of those overlord monitors...

I don't know if I'd consider it an advantage, but it just feels so much more fluid that it turns into a different game. That's not exactly a feeling exclusive to BF3 though.

I just unlocked the MP5K. Holy Crap! It's now my favorite close range weapon. I don't even need to aim down the sights!!!

I just unlocked the MP5K. Holy Crap! It's now my favorite close range weapon. I don't even need to aim down the sights!!!

Haha, spray and pray in a close corridor with that thing seems to be a pretty good bet. I didn't think I would like it but it has also grown on me.

UMP 45 is where its at. It takes a little getting used to because of its slow fire rate, but its a fucking BEAST! Flashlight and RDS. Cant be beat lol

UMP 45 is where its at. It takes a little getting used to because of its slow fire rate, but its a fucking BEAST! Flashlight and RDS. Cant be beat lol

Yep. I played a lot of TDM with that gun. I was failing with the AEK so i switched to that to rack up some kills :)

People who run around with a tac light make me want to stab them. It's usually your teammate staring at you blinding you.

Lag is kicking my ass so bad that I am changing my tactics. My ping is fine but go against someone with high ping and get owned.

Guy went 59-6 in a 32 man just now with 225+ ping. Couldn't hit him and you get shot 10-15 feet behind a corner. Getting head shot pretty often today too.......sigh

Still staying at #2 or 3 in the server but that is just experience and determination. People are cheating and/or high ping hacking. Really need to find a server with low ping limits.

The amount of discretionary cheaters has definitely gone up. They won't destroy you with an obvious KDR of 110-1 anymore...they'll go like 50 to 70 kills - 11 deaths. The dead give away will be the tard who goes 60-5 while the rest of the server averages 20 kills with no one else getting more than 30. I'm not talking about getting into a vehicle btw.

Na, I wouldn't call it cheating at all. I mean, you do get to see a little bit more of the world and it can give you slight edge with perpheral vision giving you a heads up on someone flanking but, I actually end up playing worse with all three screens lit up...maybe its just information overload...there's more I am trying to pay attention to instead of just intensely focusing on the one small window into the world.

Paying to win?? There is no pay to win here...this isn't a F2P game. If your referring to Premium then your still wrong. Premium doesn't give anyone an upperhand on non-premium players, all your getting is some dog tags, weapon skins, and all the expansions early at a price discount.

Maybe, just maybe, the people that have paid for premium play the game more then the non-premium players which allows them to be better players. Practice makes perfect...I know im not the only one that's heard that expression before. Of course, there are variances to this in terms of natural talent, previous skill acquired in similar games, etc... but generally, premium players probably spend more time in the game then non-premiums.

I think he was referring to paying for an exploit, not the Premium content.

AEK is probably my best gun.

and i love the gun model too. i think its beautiful :D

Same here the AEK is a beast. I also love the reload animation with kicking out the mag.

BTW - I can't hit anything with the X Bow. I tried the Kobra sights and scoped. Nothing. Do I have to aim way, way higher because of the drop? With the scoped X Bow I put the tip of the ^ on the target and nothing and this is at fairly close range.

Any tips?

yesterday i got home and forgot what i wanted to play.

then i come to work and remember battlefield 3 ;O

hopefully i can play tonight

I just did a reformat of my PC. Going to load up BF3 again tonight and see if my audio issues are fixed this time around. I'm hoping.

-Edit-

It's fixed! Finally! It's been such a long time without consistent audio! Woot.

Last edited:
Is running Eyefinity triple screens sort of cheating for shooters like BF3 ? With three monitors, you are seeing 2/3rd's more of the game world, so you can see enemies in the side screens you normally wouldn't see on a single display ?

Lolno. In simplified terms the image is stretched across the three screens, like if you set a wallpaper to stretch across them. I tried triple for a while, tried to find a FOV that was ideal, noticed there was never any meaningful information on the side screens and concluded it was a waste of time and back to a single 1440p.

People who run around with a tac light make me want to stab them. It's usually your teammate staring at you blinding you.

You COULD stab them, but you probably can't see them lol

I find the laser more annoying on a teammate...ugh get that shit out of my face!!!

It's only annoying to me on teammates; enemies running around with tac light or the laser just give me a huge sign saying "shoot me!" particularly through smoke or foliage.

It's only annoying to me on teammates; enemies running around with tac light or the laser just give me a huge sign saying "shoot me!" particularly through smoke or foliage.

I LOVE counter-sniping through the haze of smoke...that glint shining through the smoke is a big "shoot here" painted across the sniper's forehead.

Yup. The scope glint is so overwrought it isn't even funny. For the most part the 8x+ scopes aren't even worth it, I'll run with the 4x; it makes it more usable at mid-close range, plus not having the scope glint is a huge positive.

Between the scope glint and the large amount of sway, I don't really enjoy long range sniping in BF3 very much. I just run with the SKS or the L96 with the 4x and do just fine. Although Kharg Island rush is fun on defense with the 12x, sniping people on the boat once you get dialed in. :D

I'm a high ping player (usually arorund 75-150), and it is painful on OUR end too, you shoot a guy like 10 times, and for like half a second you're not sure if he's dead or not, so high ping players can't take on multiple targets, because you can fire a bunch of bullets at a guy and for half a second you're not sure if he's dead or not, so if you switch to another target TOO EARLY you don't get the first guy, and they both kill you.

I'm a high ping player (usually arorund 75-150), and it is painful on OUR end too, you shoot a guy like 10 times, and for like half a second you're not sure if he's dead or not, so high ping players can't take on multiple targets, because you can fire a bunch of bullets at a guy and for half a second you're not sure if he's dead or not, so if you switch to another target TOO EARLY you don't get the first guy, and they both kill you.

Story of my life right here.

Yup. The scope glint is so overwrought it isn't even funny. For the most part the 8x+ scopes aren't even worth it, I'll run with the 4x; it makes it more usable at mid-close range, plus not having the scope glint is a huge positive.

Between the scope glint and the large amount of sway, I don't really enjoy long range sniping in BF3 very much. I just run with the SKS or the L96 with the 4x and do just fine. Although Kharg Island rush is fun on defense with the 12x, sniping people on the boat once you get dialed in. :D

Me either. 417 and the Sks are my second and third highest kills under the ump45

I've stuck to the M98 for long range objective based games. The 417 for TDM and short/medium range objective based games. I use the Aug A3 or G3A3 with Assault. I use the MG36 or M240B with Support. And with Engineer I use the ACW-R and on the rare occasion the G36C for close combat. I'm not the best out there, but those guns work for me. : )

i was doing terrible in scavenger so i switched to conquest large went 40-15 or so with the AEK.

the map designs are cool... only played for a little bit though, only saw like one or two.

it seems like less people are playing now though I was having trouble finding a server that had a reasonable ticket count and player count

who the fuck wants to play the same map for an hour man. i like 500-700 tickets

this is different, these guys are going 50 and 10 each round....

Is there a way to start another soldier with same account? Reason Im asking is because I havent unlocked anything in last 3 months and now Im getting bored. I want to start at level 1 again and go thru all the weapon, gadget unlocks, vehicle unlocks, all that over again to make the game feel fresh.

Is there a way to start another soldier with same account? Reason Im asking is because I havent unlocked anything in last 3 months and now Im getting bored. I want to start at level 1 again and go thru all the weapon, gadget unlocks, vehicle unlocks, all that over again to make the game feel fresh.

if your a premium user i think you can reset it on your stats page but as far as I know you can not have multiple soldiers on the same account.

Pick a gun play it for 5 maps. Change guns. 5 more maps. Repeat. Grats you just made the game "fresh". Even go crazy and change your attachments.

Too many hacks on lately. People going 60-3 or 128-10, wtf.
Those could be legit players, ratio isn't everything, just takes more camping and playing smart. I put up scores like that once in a while depending on the map/mode, if it's scavenger and they are going 128-10 or 60-3 that's a lil more sketchy because it's very hard to stay alive due to the spawn system, but if it's rush the spawns are more predictable and it's easier to get ratio's like that.

What I've been doing lately is playing scavenger mode and capturing the points non stop while getting 2/3:1 ratio, this gets me a score that's often double or triple of what others have.

My friend teh_uNborn and I dominating last night, we had 3 guys on the other team that thought we were hacking lol, they even went to as far running our PB GUID and reporting us to EA...

hellapts.jpg

I never looked at it from that point of view, I guess it's fair then and balanced.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039439300 said:
Those could be legit players, ratio isn't everything, just takes more camping and playing smart. I put up scores like that once in a while depending on the map/mode, if it's scavenger and they are going 128-10 or 60-3 that's a lil more sketchy because it's very hard to stay alive due to the spawn system, but if it's rush the spawns are more predictable and it's easier to get ratio's like that.

What I've been doing lately is playing scavenger mode and capturing the points non stop while getting 2/3:1 ratio, this gets me a score that's often double or triple of what others have.

My friend teh_uNborn and I dominating last night, we had 3 guys on the other team that thought we were hacking lol, they even went to as far running our PB GUID and reporting us to EA...

hellapts.jpg
That's not really unusual. When checking someone's performance, you look at their ratio. Not their kills. A 4:1 ratio only means a player is good, but still nothing suspect. When i got the mp5k, my kills rocketed up past a hundred, may sound impressive until you also see the deaths are in the 80's which means i still have the same kill ratio. Back when i was still playing warrock, i regularly do 100-50 (Add to that, i'm usually the one in the open taking flags) and have been called hacker, but i always point out that there are plenty of people in the game doing 40-10 and they are clearly better than me and they don't get called on that.

The ones doing 60-3 are basically doing 20:1, which, on an infantry map is near impossible. For reference, 60-3 is 20:1, 60-6 is10:1, 60-9 is 6:1. It's only a 6 point difference in deaths but the third is still believable, the first is not.

Sure fire way to tell a hack is to sneak way around the edge and behind. Completely covered up, silenced and just not detectable listening for the recon beeps. If someone comes straight up to you, well then. I did this test last night in a rush server. I was pretty sure of a couple of guys bc their tag was one that had been banned for hacking in comp at least 3 times in my memory. Sure as fuck all, the tank they were in comes all the way from the other side and front of the map right to me. I said, "same old shit huh guys?" and got an lol from them. Yeah. Same old shit.

Battlefieldo - End Game Early Details

Some details regarding End Game are slowly peeping up on Battlelog/EA's backend website. End Game will feature 4 new "high speed" maps with 3 new vehicles to race across the Battlefield. The dirt bike, a new lightweight AA vehicle, & the dropship support that can drop vehicles straight on the maps.

Check out the official description:

• Four new maps designed for high speed combat and action
  • Three new vehicles including the fast and agile dirt bikes
  • New dropship provides support to ground troops with vehicle drop capabilities
  • Return of the classic Capture The Flag game mode

end-game-feature-jpg.1867

Battlefield 3: End Game delivers some of the most high-speed warfare to date across four vast maps. Race through enemy lines using the new dirt bike, bringing speed and agility to the Battlefield, or fight back aerial assaults with new lightweight AA vehicles.
Coordinate lightning fast attacks and defenses in the return of the classic Capture The Flag game mode. In the skies, the new dropship introduces the ability to turn the tide with rapid deployment air drops of troop transports.
The initial teaser trailer for End Game is expected to drop this Friday, December 21st. Aftermath set a new bar for Battlefield expansions. Do you think End Game will live up to the hype?

Classic Capture the Flag...isn't that conquest? Or is this referring to other game's version where you run into enemy territory, steal the flag, then return it to your base? Looks like Endgame will have us acting as CIA agents stealing valuable terrorist secrets, lol.

Classic capture the flag IS where you "run into enemy territory, steal the flag, then return it to your base". This game pre-dates video games, so yes it did come before DICE's "Conquest" game mode.

Classic capture the flag IS where you "run into enemy territory, steal the flag, then return it to your base". This game pre-dates video games, so yes it did come before DICE's "Conquest" game mode.

Im not debating who came first, its just that most games today utilize more of a capture the point game mode instead of capture the flag...kind of an evolution of the original play mode.

BF3...CTF? YES! I love it! However I hope they expand it to prior maps and not just have it on a few End Game maps.

BF3...CTF? YES! I love it! However I hope they expand it to prior maps and not just have it on a few End Game maps.

This is my general complaint about BF3. Every new DLC has new game modes, modes that get completely isolated to those maps.

I like Gunmaster. I'd like it more if you could play it on every single map in the game using the TDM areas.

They just split things up too much and then wonder why everyone feels like no one is playing.

Back