Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I think the game would have been more enjoyable if all the weapons had specific attachments locked to them, but DICE didnt know WTF to do with weapon attachments so instead they gave all weapon attachements to all the guns, like WTF?

Pretty much this. A competent 4 man squad is a terrifying thing to behold. I've been part of lots of squads that adapt to the squad leaders play style, follow commands, and generally wreck everything even without comms. Get two or three of these on a team and it makes up for the incompetent people. Most of the time at least.

Exactly. This is actually why I play the BF series. The synergy you get, with even semi competent people, is tremendously fun. But unfortunately.......

Did they decrease the damage of the MBT shells as of late?

I just hit a tank destroyer 6 times in the engine and it would still not die. :confused: No one was repairing the enemy vehicle... the two last shots that hit where after it was on fire and "vehicle damage".

I also miss it when the RPG/SMAW did a bit more damage. Now it takes 3 hits from the rear to take out a burning tank. Its been like this for a long time now, but I wish they would make them a bit more powerful because they're essentially useless now.

What's up with team balancing occurring when the loosing team has < 100 tickets left and has no way of winning the game? The winning team has around 700 tickets while the loosing team has < 100 and the server decides to do team balancing?

Anyone had any trouble with Windows 8? I keep getting kicked out of games after a minute or two of playing for the following

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'tehslippery' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

Anyone had any trouble with Windows 8? I keep getting kicked out of games after a minute or two of playing for the following

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'tehslippery' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

PB not yet supported under Win8 officially. Now the wait begins....

For anyone who cares, reinstalling punkbuster fixed this

I just sat at C on Oman and had it deployed and when flag started to go down I would switch to the EOD and take down the tank or anything else after I hit it with an RPG.

Well I got 8 kills on Saturday playing on Oman. I basically waited for a tank to be engaged with another tank and destroyed it. I also got a couple of kills camping at G and waited for tanks to spawn. I still got one more to go hopefully today. Man I can't wait to finish this assignment.

I think the most difficult assignment for me so far was the "50 kills in jeeps, boats, quads or transport helicopters".

most people will ditch the transport chopper with the quickness so you will not get many kills, the boat/atv/jeep/ are a engineers with javelins wet dream(no lock on sounds). I think I got the most kills with the boat on Kharg, just went out in the ocean and spammed people running on the shoreline.

can't wait for more assignments that make me useless to my team :)
Probably gonna be something stupid like "Destroy 10 enemy jets with claymores."

The jeeps on Grand Bazaar are the place to get this assignment done.

For the squad driver assist it's fairly easy to get piloting an attack chopper with a gunner.

What's up with team balancing occurring when the loosing team has < 100 tickets left and has no way of winning the game? The winning team has around 700 tickets while the loosing team has < 100 and the server decides to do team balancing?

What the heck is a "loosing" team? A team of soldiers with loose vaginas?

Did another weapon review, think last one I did was like 2 - 3 weeks ago, so it's been a while. Got a new headset/mic since then and figured out a few things to make it all sound better, and been working on commentary in other videos, so hopefully a bit less monotone, let me know what you guys think.

http://youtu.be/4tkmaTJSLe4

Did another weapon review, think last one I did was like 2 - 3 weeks ago, so it's been a while. Got a new headset/mic since then and figured out a few things to make it all sound better, and been working on commentary in other videos, so hopefully a bit less monotone, let me know what you guys think.

http://youtu.be/4tkmaTJSLe4

Very nice review. Going to fire up some BF3 just to mess with this gun. :)

Very nice review. Going to fire up some BF3 just to mess with this gun. :)

Thanks! I've got 3 reviews I've done before, been working at getting better with each. Think this one I finally hit my stride, very happy with it, and new mic/headset helped a lot.

I think the game would have been more enjoyable if all the weapons had specific attachments locked to them, but DICE didnt know WTF to do with weapon attachments so instead they gave all weapon attachements to all the guns, like WTF?

I agree with this. I despise it when I see Soviet optics on NATO weapons, and vice versa. You just wouldn't see this in the field unless you stuck behind enemy lines for an extended period of time and you need to improvise.

I agree with this. I despise it when I see Soviet optics on NATO weapons, and vice versa. You just wouldn't see this in the field unless you stuck behind enemy lines for an extended period of time and you need to improvise.

For the most part this is true, though the Russian SF use Eotechs these days. Now they are producing an Eotech clone.

Anyone having any issues with BF3 and black screens? I just installed it for the first time and now after every round before the map changes I get a black screen and I have to force restart my PC. I can't seem to figure out why either.

You need to get out more....it's a game, lmao.

I get pissed at times when I see soldiers getting shot & killed then respawning.........but I chalk that up to it being a game too! ;)

Anyone having any issues with BF3 and black screens? I just installed it for the first time and now after every round before the map changes I get a black screen and I have to force restart my PC. I can't seem to figure out why either.

Anyone?

You need to get out more....it's a game, lmao.

I get pissed at times when I see soldiers getting shot & killed then respawning.........but I chalk that up to it being a game too! ;)

It's a game but when you see people sniping with LMGs with suppressors and 6x scopes it begins to get a bit ridiculous. Football is a game but people don't play wearing purple visors and capri pants. They respect the game enough to play it right.

The amount of in game hacking has pushed me and a lot of other players out of the game..It gets so bad when they do a 2X XP that it almost unplayable.:mad:

The amount of in game hacking has pushed me and a lot of other players out of the game..It gets so bad when they do a 2X XP that it almost unplayable.:mad:

I have seen hacking issues coincide with 2x exp weekends. However I have so many servers favorited that I just pick a different server at the end of the round and am usually fine the next round.

I was hoping planetside 2 would replace this game for my fps fix but the last update created some interesting boot drive issues. Aka the last PS2 update caused my C drive to vanish until I powered down and reselected my boot drive. Unistalled PS2 and the issue is gone. Weird.

Anyway, yes there are hackers. Think you are playing against one? Switch servers. Plenty of them out there and almost always a good round to be had somewhere. I agree that it sucks and would happily beat down any douche who destroys the game for the good folks. Remember, there is always smoke grenades. I will follow someone I think is "special" and basically grief them with smoke spam.

The folks with the fucking damage modifier are fucking annoying as shit. Seriously, it's called PROBABILITY.

When a gun is supposed to do 25-18.4 damage, and you average 1 kill per 1.5 hits from that gun, YOU'RE CHEATING

Had the worst random restart of my life in BF3 yesterday. Rush, Grand Bazaar, support. Found a great spot to defend the last MCOM station (B) with a line of fire on the main street as well as people peeking out of the top tunnel coming out into spawn. Was sitting at around 60/10, when literally 10 attackers come around the corner, not facing me. Start unloading, drop 5 immediately and plenty left in the belt...then boom, blank screen, computer restarting. Need to tone down my OC apparently, unseasonable heat wasn't helping. What would have been my most epic kill streak, hosed. :( :( :(

One of my favorite things to do with suspected hackers is to shout, F***ING HACKER BS or something like that in the chat box, and 99% of the time, the person you suspect will be the one to say "who's hacking?" Funny how psychology works, lol.

The folks with the fucking damage modifier are fucking annoying as shit. Seriously, it's called PROBABILITY.

When a gun is supposed to do 25-18.4 damage, and you average 1 kill per 1.5 hits from that gun, YOU'RE CHEATING

What are you referring to? I'm curious.

Anyone withing eye shot of this in a "competitive" gaming group or clan? I'm looking to clan up with like minded die hard BF3 fans.

What are you referring to? I'm curious.

On BF3stats (What a great site), you can check out detailed stats of players (beyond battle log), and for each gun it displays how many kills and HOW MANY BULLETS HIT you have with a certain gun.

For example, my buddy was getting owned by this guy http://i.imgur.com/PIRvo.png

and we noticed for his M27 IAR, he had 2000 kills from 3000 hits, which is almost mathematically improbable seeing how each bullet does 18-25 damage!!

Damage modifier hack

On BF3stats (What a great site), you can check out detailed stats of players (beyond battle log), and for each gun it displays how many kills and HOW MANY BULLETS HIT you have with a certain gun.

For example, my buddy was getting owned by this guy http://i.imgur.com/PIRvo.png

and we noticed for his M27 IAR, he had 2000 kills from 3000 hits, which is almost mathematically improbable seeing how each bullet does 18-25 damage!!

Damage modifier hack

If you notice, he's got a relatively large percentage of headshots with the M27 and AK74 which I imagine headshots deal a greater level of damage then body shots, couldnt find the info on that on BF3stats though. Also, these aren't kills that he took a person from 100% to death, its possible that many of those kills are from enemies already hurt by other players. His accuracy rating with that the M27 would also lead me to believe that he uses the weapon somewhat as designed, for suppression. There's countless times ive been popped off by another player laying down suppression and somehow I get my skull aireated by a stray bullet even though he wasn't neccessarily aiming at me.

Am I saying he's not a hacker, no...just that there are other variables that make it difficult for it to be so cut and dry.

I was thinking about how maybe a lot of his kills were on folks with 10 health or something, but wouldn't it also just be as probable that a significant number of his "hits" land on players that aren't his kills?

Back