Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

my two problems with BF3 are:
B. Where's the destruction? BC1 was an amazing evolution and BC2 was an amazing refinement. I feel like we just took 3 steps back with BF3, due to these two issues alone.

Problem was that in BC2 all buildings will be leveled in no time making the maps pretty bland. Perfect example was Oasis.

BTW - rapidly approaching 1M views. I might have Chuck Norris .gif for that day. lol

Problem was that in BC2 all buildings will be leveled in no time making the maps pretty bland. Perfect example was Oasis.

really? i've played on Oasis a lot and i've never seen it flattened or bland. damn near all the buildings remain erect (giggity).

BC2 and BF3 is a mess.
MoH is made from another team and maybe will work better.
(not beliving that th0)

really? i've played on Oasis a lot and i've never seen it flattened or bland. damn near all the buildings remain erect (giggity).

On the higher ticket conquest servers a lot of them would be flattened. Trust me on this one. ;)

I just got perma-banned from another server, this time by punkbuster for racist language... total and complete BS. First I would never say anything racist. Second, what I typed was something like "STOP when I'm firing and GO when I'm reloading, you f***ing idiot!". The second I hit enter the game closed and I saw the perma-ban notice. If being against idiocy makes me racist, I suppose I'm guilty as charged.

What makes it really bad is it was an AK-only server and there are not a lot of good ones to play on. I already got banned from the very first server I played on, for being a "moron" because I was gushing about the graphics in chat. Of course that turns out to be the best server around, always fully populated, always running AK, with a sub-20-ms ping.

Really fucking lame that you have to walk on eggshells or be banned for typing a message that hangs in the corner of the game window for all of three seconds. I've played BF games at all different levels and people need to be allowed to talk shit in chat periodically.

Last edited:
I just got perma-banned from another server, this time by punkbuster for racist language... total and complete BS. First I would never say anything racist. Second, what I typed was something like "STOP when I'm firing and GO when I'm reloading, you f***ing idiot!". The second I hit enter the game closed and I saw the perma-ban notice. If being against idiocy makes me racist, I suppose I'm guilty as charged.

What makes it really bad is it was an AK-only server and there are not a lot of good ones to play on. I already got banned from the very first server I played on, for being a "moron" because I was gushing about the graphics in chat. Of course that turns out to be the best server around, always fully populated, always running AK, with a sub-20-ms ping.

Really fucking lame that you have to walk on eggshells or be banned for typing a message that hangs in the corner of the game window for all of three seconds. I've played BF games at all different levels and people need to be allowed to talk shit in chat periodically.

The past 5 years, gaming has become care-bears; not just the players but also the Devs..
This is why I grief extra hard and get satisfaction from it...sad.

On the higher ticket conquest servers a lot of them would be flattened. Trust me on this one. ;)

I don't understand why anyone wants to play on a BC2 server with over 1000 tickets. All the buildings are flattened half way through and if the teams are relatively even the game can go on for nearly an hour. You end up playing for a long time with static map - kinda boring (and I can't run around with a shotgun because there's no cover).

Last edited:
Well I found the ban in my PB log file. It was a typo in the word "moving". Banned by a robot for a goddamn typo. This is why we have to smash the machines before Skynet takes over.

I've submited an appeal to pbbans but I thnk they only help with global bans and not server bans.

Last edited:
I hated BC2's hit detection. I would unload an ENTIRE clip into some asshole and he wouldn't drop. Not so in BF3.

higher ticket servers are terrible and people only care about their k/d ratio on those servers.

I hated BC2's hit detection. I would unload an ENTIRE clip into some asshole and he wouldn't drop. Not so in BF3.
no it happens in bf3, maybe not as much but it still happens. I find it funny that i can hit someone across the map in bc2 with my garand while they're on the run but find it difficult to get a hit on someone right next to me as blood sprays from them with no hit registration. Both games have some of the worst lag compensation i have seen from any game.

I don't understand why anyone wants to play on a BC2 server with over 1000 tickets. All the buildings are flattened half way through and if the teams are relatively even the game can go on for nearly an hour. You end up playing for a long time with static map - kinda boring (and I can't run around with a shotgun because there's no cover).

they want to get easy points.

my two problems with BF3 are:

A. no built in VOIP. So in a game where teams work and working together is paramount-----you can only communicate and coordinate with people you know, that are using the same third party software you are. So 80% of the time when I'm playing with people I don't know, we can't work together very well and the game just boils down to getting kills and hoping for the best.

B. Where's the destruction? BC1 was an amazing evolution and BC2 was an amazing refinement. I feel like we just took 3 steps back with BF3, due to these two issues alone.

Back in the Alpha, they had deformable terrain and I would assume, since there were no buildings in metro, destructable buildings. Unfortunately, there was a glitch in the code that I guess they couldn't resolve that would result in players falling through the world and getting stuck under it so they left it disabled. It's really too bad too because you could drop a few packs of C4 and create your own foxhole.

higher ticket servers are terrible and people only care about their k/d ratio on those servers.

For me the higher ticket servers are more fun because it really gives teams a chance to fight back and forth for the lead. On the lower ticket servers a team falls behind early and it's over.

For me the higher ticket servers are more fun because it really gives teams a chance to fight back and forth for the lead. On the lower ticket servers a team falls behind early and it's over.

In 100% agreement on this. I've been in multiple battles where we were trailing and with teamwork and we turned it around. Those are the sweetest victories. Especially when the other team is filled with nothing but vehicle whores and semi-auto sniping bitches. INFANTRY FTMFW.

uh no... that rarely happens. Once one team pushes for and gains all the points it mostly just turns into the k/d ratio game and no one ever leaves the spawn and everyone goes sniper on the losing side.

uh no... that rarely happens. Once one team pushes for and gains all the points it mostly just turns into the k/d ratio game and no one ever leaves the spawn and everyone goes sniper on the losing side.

This is usually what happens but those with character and drive still fight to try to gain points. It's those with no guts that just sit back and go sniper. Very few people in this game play sniper properly. It's primarily a recon role. You should sit back and be Q'ing up targets and take out the occasional target that's well entrenched. But no BF3 sniper would be willing to man up and be a team player that way.

In 100% agreement on this. I've been in multiple battles where we were trailing and with teamwork and we turned it around. Those are the sweetest victories. Especially when the other team is filled with nothing but vehicle whores and semi-auto sniping bitches. INFANTRY FTMFW.

Agreed. Just this week my team was way behind and we came back to win with 2 tickets left. It was awesome.

The lack of servers is really disconcerting. With BF2 there were so many it was hard to choose. With BF3 I can never mind more than like 3-4 64 person servers that are valid for me.

The lack of servers is really disconcerting. With BF2 there were so many it was hard to choose. With BF3 I can never mind more than like 3-4 64 person servers that are valid for me.

It's bc they fucked the game up and it is completely fractured into a bunch of sub genres now.

I find that the server browser often shows only a small fraction of the total servers. If you save them to your favorites, they should always show up.

Very valid points that the game is fractured into some categories however it depends what you pick. I happen to love caspian, operation and kharg on conquest. Plenty servers out there for that. However if you pick Wake, you're screwed nothing. Do you love odd game modes few people play like "tank destroyer" or whatever that new crap is?

Hey does anyone know a server for Oman that only has 5 flags, but more than 32 players? I LOVE OMAN-----with 5 flags.

Very valid points that the game is fractured into some categories however it depends what you pick. I happen to love caspian, operation and kharg on conquest. Plenty servers out there for that. However if you pick Wake, you're screwed nothing. Do you love odd game modes few people play like "tank destroyer" or whatever that new crap is?

That's what spoon feeding small DLC content does, it fractures the community. Larger themed (but fewer / more expensive) expansion packs doesn't do it as bad.

That's what spoon feeding small DLC content does, it fractures the community. Larger themed (but fewer / more expensive) expansion packs doesn't do it as bad.

I see it this way. I pre-ordred the game for full price at 60 bucks.. Then I bought premium for 50. That's $110 bucks for over 300 hours of gameplay for me and counting. I think the game was well worth it. I like MW2 a lot but never played it like I play BF3 a year plus later and still loving it.

The majority of gameplay is still going to be towards the core content of the original game, rush, conquest, the original maps. As it should be. The guy who can only afford the $10 gamestop special of BF3 is going to have plenty content available.

Close quarters was shit. Gun master is fun but they only thing I use regularly from the CQ expansion is the SCAR-L which hilariously is no close quarter gun. Armoured kill is a VERY good expansion. Good amount of servers, good maps, except armoured shield (GIANT SHIT MAP). So that has some decent following but again not as much as the original game. We'll see what the other expansions look like.

The main issue is that they took so much control from us. We should be able to make a map have however many flags/people/tickets/vehicles that we want AND add 3rd party mods to help fix issues that the dev stubbornly won't address. Mainly hit reg, sound loss and oh yeah glare, lag compensation, etc..

do people still play this game?

Was thinking about buying Armored Kill. Worth it? Haven't touched BF3 since my 24/7 Caspian Border sessions during June or something.

I'm wondering how everything has changed so far.

It seems as if the community is being split up (obvious affect of paid map expansions). That being said, for most maps you can find a good server or two if you live in the USA. As for AK, I would just get premium. Otherwise I would pass on AK IMO and get B2K and CQ.

games alright really wish dice would fix some problematic issues

C4 if your dropping in with parachutte the C4 either drops slower than you do or sticks to the parachutte making it a pain in the but to air drop in over a tank,

Tanks feel like they weight next to nothing, hit a tiny rock it spins 180 and just feels terrible

As usual certain weapons feel gimped each patch while they boost others. Shotguns worthless relegated to Metro and TDM for the most part. engineer weapons just feel OP half the time as their TTK is so high.

Games not bad but weapon balance is just lacking compared to previous titles.

What i really hate is the Premium ONLY servers alot of them run Vanilla maps no expansions yet still enforce Premium only which is just stupid, that and most ADMINs on servers appear to be pre pubescent 14 year olds that get pissy and kick ppl if you manage to kill them while they camp on a crane somewhere.

The lack of in-game VoIP single-handedly killed this game. There is literally zero teamwork.

I really miss the days of Battlefield 2, I made a LOT of good gaming friends through the game.

The lack of in-game VoIP single-handedly killed this game. There is literally zero teamwork.

I really miss the days of Battlefield 2, I made a LOT of good gaming friends through the game.

Same here, I know what you mean. There is no friend making in BF3 at all. I have yet to communicate with anyone playing BF3.

VOIP is what made BF2 so successful and the many mods that went with it. It's a shame really.

Was there a reason why they didn't include VOIP in BF3, but did in BF2?

Or was it was it a money issue? EA the devil.

Voted most hated for a reason.

There was no reason not to include it. I never used it actually. My teams always had ts or vent and I rarely played in pubs bc we had this thing called competitive gaming? Maybe some of you remember when we could SPECTATE, use BATTLE RECORDER, etc...:mad:

Voted most hated for a reason.

There was no reason not to include it. I never used it actually. My teams always had ts or vent and I rarely played in pubs bc we had this thing called competitive gaming? Maybe some of you remember when we could SPECTATE, use BATTLE RECORDER, etc...:mad:

I still remember the time when squad actually followed my orders because I was the only spawn point and I was telling what to attack. Now whole squad is just a way to spawn on any squad member and that is all.

The (lacking) features most of you are complaining about cost time and money to develop and only a small subset of hardcore playesr actually use them. The majority of gamers enjoy running each other over in tanks, crashing air vehicles, shooting anything that moves, and calling each other obscenities. EA realized you can make a lot more money by catering to the lowest common denominator, and that's why BF3 outsold BF2 5:1. Welcome to the current state of decadence of gaming. :)

The (lacking) features most of you are complaining about cost time and money to develop and only a small subset of hardcore playesr actually use them. The majority of gamers enjoy running each other over in tanks, crashing air vehicles, shooting anything that moves, and calling each other obscenities. EA realized you can make a lot more money by catering to the lowest common denominator, and that's why BF3 outsold BF2 5:1. Welcome to the current state of decadence of gaming. :)

Known as the cod effect. Company see other company do something that makes $$ and company do that thing too. Company good!

My main bitch is they won't allow mods or access to the code bc they want to sell us dlc and not play modded maps which is what dlc is.

Money see money doo doo. Greed sucks my happiness away.

Last I knew COd had VOIP soo that point is moot

I think you missed the point. The bf series is starting to take the cod way of releasing content all of the time. This led to us not being able to mod the game like we could with bf2. They are guarding against that so they can sell their dlc.

Last edited:

Dice could never get the VOIP to work in BC2. Seem like they just cant get it to work with the hack up engine they put together.

Dice could never get the VOIP to work in BC2. Seem like they just cant get it to work with the hack up engine they put together.

The voip on battle log is pretty good. Used it for months when playing with some friends. Sometimes it would mess up and we would have to restart the browser but the sound quality was good. Too bad they could somehow make the game put you into a temporary battle log party if you wanted voip. All of the mute and voice options was right there.

Back