Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Qualify an opinion as trolling: equally illogical.

Not sure people even know what that word means any more.
I didn't say you were trolling, and neither did I report your post. A moderator made that call. If you have a problem with the definition of trolling around here, take it up with the Admin that did it.

So much for that idea

statsdq.jpg

How much have PC numbers gone down? I haven't played in months, nor any of my friends, but I thought it was really only just us. Has everyone else got sick of it too, then?

I didn't say you were trolling, and neither did I report your post. A moderator made that call. If you have a problem with the definition of trolling around here, take it up with the Admin that did it.

Didn't mean for that to seem directed at you, more of a general statement following the deletion. Can't I just be stupid? Apparently everything's trolling these days.

Sooo.....Aftermath is gonna be lots of infantry crawling around buildings that have fallen over...blah...

Im not interested in the Wake Island challenge....the map isnt fun imo. It was great in 1942 but just isn't the same now...can't put my finger on exactly why though.

Sooo.....Aftermath is gonna be lots of infantry crawling around buildings that have fallen over...blah...

Im not interested in the Wake Island challenge....the map isnt fun imo. It was great in 1942 but just isn't the same now...can't put my finger on exactly why though.

Cause it made sense for WWII. Not so much in modern day.

I think the helicopters and guided/locking missles sort of changed the feel for the map in BF3. That and not being able to move the aircraft carrier/spawn kinda sucks.

Maybe Aftermath will be the CQ I wanted originally. Hopefully it is better than AK. While I like CQ and B2K, I don't care for the maps on AK that much. Hopefully future maps will feature MBTs, IFVs and TDs in one big map.

lol one knife kill at a time on the server not surprising with this junk ass poorly coded because of consoles game. I gave up months ago and I wish I never paid for premium, Anything client side can kiss my ass for ever, done with anything BF or dice related until this lunacy is changed.

Wow that knife glitch is bad. I think I have run into once and assumed it was just lag.

Anyone else have issues where you won't kinfe? Here's why.

Jesus. That missychrissy individual's actually done and said something useful instead of hooting and posting memes everywhere like the most insufferable piece of shit that encompasses everything I hate about this game. Good news, maybe she's on the mend.

Yeah. The knife is such a huge disadvantage in BF3. The instant kill is only from behind, and the animation takes so long that 99% of the time one of the team mates will kill you. Might as well just shoot them.

Yeah. The knife is such a huge disadvantage in BF3. The instant kill is only from behind, and the animation takes so long that 99% of the time one of the team mates will kill you. Might as well just shoot them.

Yes but when you work them with the blade it's so worth it. I only do it when I'm alone with someone approaching from behind. Never from the front or in a fire fight.

damn is it just me or are the admins become huge friggin vaginas of sensitivity lately... holy crap... you talk a LITTLE smack and you're insta-booted... jeez

Pretty funny for a game that has such a lude nature as it is. I laugh every time I'm on a server that says no swearing and hear the character say "I'm getting fucked up the ass over here"

Yes but when you work them with the blade it's so worth it. I only do it when I'm alone with someone approaching from behind. Never from the front or in a fire fight.

Exactly. The difficulty is what makes it satisfying. If it became easy like the other guy suggests, then it wouldn't have it's appeal.

Well, having finally played AK today (effin internet issues!) I think all it does is point out how truly awful people are at achieving a goal as a team. Multiple servers and everything was a 400+ ticket difference at best. That said, the maps are a nice change, especially Alborz because I have an unnatural attraction to snow in games.

Yup I got banned from one of the first AK servers I played on for gushing about the graphics and the size of the map in Albhorz. I too am a big fan of snowy game environments and that map is just incredible. I'd love to walk around in it with no combat going on. How about a mod like that? A mod for people who don't have time to go camping in real life.

Yup I got banned from one of the first AK servers I played on for gushing about the graphics and the size of the map in Albhorz. I too am a big fan of snowy game environments and that map is just incredible. I'd love to walk around in it with no combat going on. How about a mod like that? A mod for people who don't have time to go camping in real life.

Find an empty server running that map. Walk to your heart's content. :cool:

lol one knife kill at a time on the server not surprising with this junk ass poorly coded because of consoles game. I gave up months ago and I wish I never paid for premium, Anything client side can kiss my ass for ever, done with anything BF or dice related until this lunacy is changed.

But but but noooo, you're definitely a troll because BF3 is PERFECT. Blah blah blah.

Glad to still see more people are getting pissed about this game as I was when it first came out. It's utter trash with more emphasis on kills than actual objectives (as opposed to the original BF series). A la COD.

DICE Was best in Desert Combat/BF2. BF3 was EA/Dice going full retard in tandem.

I started playing Tanks when the premium came out. Was not going to pay for that. BF Vietnam is still my favorite.

I'm still in love with BC2 as it had just the right bit of everything for me.

Oh, and it had the AT-motherfuckin-4.

But but but noooo, you're definitely a troll because BF3 is PERFECT. Blah blah blah.

Glad to still see more people are getting pissed about this game as I was when it first came out. It's utter trash with more emphasis on kills than actual objectives (as opposed to the original BF series). A la COD.

DICE Was best in Desert Combat/BF2. BF3 was EA/Dice going full retard in tandem.

It's sad and I have almost 700 hours in MP. I just can't see past the this trash code anymore.
BF4 will be the same client side bullshit. How's everyone enjoying that new BF3 "tweak" tool these days? This game is about to get hacked out of existence. I already uninstalled it. Dice never gets another red cent from me.
On a brighter note I had more fun playing black mesa then I ever did playing this broke ass game.
Onto hl2 and episodes with FFC mod 11 and 12 and sleeping dogs.

if you bothered to put 700 hours in, wouldn't you say you got your money's worth?

I played about 8 hours online of this game and uninstalled it and i only payed $10. Truly awful multiplayer experience and worst battlefield game i have played other then bf: heros

I was thinking about getting bc2 vietnam but was wondering if people still play it or is it worth getting?

I played about 8 hours online of this game and uninstalled it and i only payed $10. Truly awful multiplayer experience and worst battlefield game i have played other then bf: heros

I was thinking about getting bc2 vietnam but was wondering if people still play it or is it worth getting?

I thought it was pretty cool, haven't played it since before BF3 though. The flamethrower was always fun :).

Not gonna lie. It's not the step up from BFBC2 that I expected, especially on the technical side of things. But I've had some fun. It's def better money spent than MW2.

if you bothered to put 700 hours in, wouldn't you say you got your money's worth?

I was about to mention the same thing. It is like hating bologna sandwiches but you still eat them for an entire year for no reason.

Not gonna lie. It's not the step up from BFBC2 that I expected, especially on the technical side of things. But I've had some fun. It's def better money spent than MW2.

BC2 had the best feel out of all the BF games, in my opinion. Plus, buildings falling down actually changed the gameplay, too, and wasn't some POS gimmick like it is in BF3.

I just want my fucking AT4. It won't be the same as it was in BC2, I know that much, but it required practice and skiiillllllll man.

i quite agree. to me BF died as a series when they released BC2 for the PC. i think I played maybe 50 hours or so in BF3 and I tried so hard to like it, but the run-n-gun I want to be like COD but not, I just couldn't get around. It was never enjoyable. I felt the same about BC2.

I don't know if people still play it, but BC2: Vietnam was definitely more worth the money to me than BF3 was. BF3 is a heap of shit.

my two problems with BF3 are:

A. no built in VOIP. So in a game where teams work and working together is paramount-----you can only communicate and coordinate with people you know, that are using the same third party software you are. So 80% of the time when I'm playing with people I don't know, we can't work together very well and the game just boils down to getting kills and hoping for the best.

B. Where's the destruction? BC1 was an amazing evolution and BC2 was an amazing refinement. I feel like we just took 3 steps back with BF3, due to these two issues alone.

my two problems with BF3 are:

A. no built in VOIP. So in a game where teams work and working together is paramount-----you can only communicate and coordinate with people you know, that are using the same third party software you are. So 80% of the time when I'm playing with people I don't know, we can't work together very well and the game just boils down to getting kills and hoping for the best.

B. Where's the destruction? BC1 was an amazing evolution and BC2 was an amazing refinement. I feel like we just took 3 steps back with BF3, due to these two issues alone.

There is built in VOIP but you need to be in the same party from the webpage. But i know what you mean.

Back