Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.
This is completely unnecessary. If anything lock-on distances should be lowered, drastically. Especially for mobile AA.

They also don't specify how low or how far. Why not?

• Fixed so the spawn menu always disappears when you are revived.

Definitely a good one. I've had to sit for something like 5 minutes waiting for someone from the other team to come put me out of my misery at times. :) Interested in trying the M416, glad the M16 and M417 have been tweaked to be less godly, especially the M417, most of my M417 deaths are very cheap..

This is completely unnecessary. If anything lock-on distances should be lowered, drastically. Especially for mobile AA.

They also don't specify how low or how far. Why not?

Um, they nerfed it in the last patch. Not being able to lock on nearly as far. I guess you like air, and never get on the ground. Air is generally over powered as it is. Try actually playing the game, and not flying around all map.

Definitely a good one. I've had to sit for something like 5 minutes waiting for someone from the other team to come put me out of my misery at times. :)

There was always suicide! :D

Um, they nerfed it in the last patch. Not being able to lock on nearly as far. I guess you like air, and never get on the ground. Air is generally over powered as it is. Try actually playing the game, and not flying around all map.

Yes. Air can lock onto anything from anywhere, but air is a PITA to lock onto as infantry or the one person on the team in AA. You have to start locking on as soon as it's in range, or it's out again before the missile launchers. Then they just drop flares and it was pointless. It's doable, but the scope of which you can do it is tiny.

Shooting jets with ground fire is pretty pointless, and unless they are fairly low down, tanks cant do much (the machine gun on them has to constantly hit for about 2 minutes before it does anything :D). All air things only have to worry about other air, as long as they stay high up (from where they can kill ground targets). So it is still pretty unbalanced. If your teams air suck then you can't do much about enemy air. If your teams armor sucks, infantry can easily deal with it. :D

I think you need to either get better or play on a different server. I'm constantly under fire and being locked onto. It's BS most of the time. Mobile AA needs a huge nerf. They can be way too over-powered.

The only time I am overpowered in a jet is when there are noobs on the ground.

I think you need to either get better or play on a different server. I'm constantly under fire and being locked onto. It's BS most of the time. Mobile AA needs a huge nerf. They can be way too over-powered.

The only time I am overpowered in a jet is when there are noobs on the ground.

Completely disagree. Air is wildly overpowered vs. ground-based AA.

There was always suicide! :D

All air things only have to worry about other air, as long as they stay high up (from where they can kill ground targets). So it is still pretty unbalanced. If your teams air suck then you can't do much about enemy air. If your teams armor sucks, infantry can easily deal with it. :D

Exactly. If the opposing team has a good jet pilot and your team doesn't, you're completely fucked because there is no way to stop it.

Some good and bad in the patch notes. What I am really interested in is what will they break next? So far every patch has broken something. The dart, the smoke launcher, what will it be next? :p

Unless you're really good.

And if they're too high, you have line-of-sight for longer. My problem with hitting planes has been that they fly so low that the lock is broken all the time.

Honestly though, how many of those shots are made in any given match. Plus once he starts making a couple of those shots and good pilot is going to make him eat dirt, because you simply don't have remotely the field of view with the tank to actually stop from getting slaughtered by a jet. It wouldn't be remotely hard to juke a little either

Why would they change the way you arm/disarm mcoms?
Now you just have to stand close to it. That's what I get from the patch notes.

Unless you're really good.

And if they're too high, you have line-of-sight for longer. My problem with hitting planes has been that they fly so low that the lock is broken all the time.

If they are really low down, the shotgun style shell is great for that! (you can quickly switch between the two and fire one after the other). Just wait for them to pass nearish overhead and boom, wing/body/pilot/headshot. I'm not sure if it has the power to take out a full health jet, but it works. :D

But killing them with tanks isn't really "supposed" to happen. You are supposed to do it with mobile AA and the infantry weapons...which all suck. The infantry weapons take so long to lock on that theres always a tree or building in the way, and if you fire it have like a 1/5th of a chance to hit even if they don't pop infinite flares, and wont kill in one hit (and you only have a few rockets).

If they are really low down, the shotgun style shell is great for that! (you can quickly switch between the two and fire one after the other). Just wait for them to pass nearish overhead and boom, wing/body/pilot/headshot. I'm not sure if it has the power to take out a full health jet, but it works. :D

But killing them with tanks isn't really "supposed" to happen. You are supposed to do it with mobile AA and the infantry weapons...which all suck. The infantry weapons take so long to lock on that theres always a tree or building in the way, and if you fire it have like a 1/5th of a chance to hit even if they don't pop infinite flares, and wont kill in one hit (and you only have a few rockets).

Until this patch hits that is....specific notes saying that they are changing the way a tank reloads so you cant fire main round, switch over and fire secondary round bang bang style.

Also, note in there about changing locking time and distance for infantry AA to make them more useful.

Canister round does not have enough power to drop a jet from full health...I took one last night from pretty close range and it dropped me to 51% health....so it can disable a jet if its missing a couple points of health...never been shot out of a jet by canister round so I dont know if it can pierce the cockpit...though I imagine it probably can.

As a Jet pilot myself, I believe the change to the Stingers and IGLA's is necessary. I have only been shot down one time by a stinger since the last patch. The gun on the AA tank is about right I think, but the range on the lock-on for its missiles is sad. The heatseekers on the tank need to have the same range as the gun. However, the AA tanks don't need to dominate, maybe a nice compromise is a longer reload time on the missiles.

Basically it boils down to this: If they keep the range short on the missiles, they need to decrease the lock on times, otherwise they need to increase their range. Somewhere halfway between what it originally was and what it is now should be a good compromise.

As a Jet pilot myself, I believe the change to the Stingers and IGLA's is necessary. I have only been shot down one time by a stinger since the last patch. The gun on the AA tank is about right I think, but the range on the lock-on for its missiles is sad. The heatseekers on the tank need to have the same range as the gun. However, the AA tanks don't need to dominate, maybe a nice compromise is a longer reload time on the missiles.

Basically it boils down to this: If they keep the range short on the missiles, they need to decrease the lock on times, otherwise they need to increase their range. Somewhere halfway between what it originally was and what it is now should be a good compromise.

I understand the point your making but I think AA gun range should be reduced. On firestorm last night the enemy team had a master Mobile AA gunner who was able to reach from the Russian oil silos all the way over the american air strip...that's rediculous, especially considering it takes two salvos of rockets to destroy them.

Woot! :D

2akirfr.jpg

Hi everyone,

I have VSYNC issues with BF3, and posted a thread about it in the videocards section.If someone knows the answer to this, please help!

Long story short, it seems that somehow Battlefield 3 framerates don't go higher than 60 fps for me, no matter what I try. (played with settings in driver and in game, nothing seems to change anything). Vsync turned off.

I searched in google for hours (here as well), and I'm completely lost, so please help me if you can! Details are in the thread, dont want to double post.

Thank you!

Aww...total tease....there are AK servers up and running but if you try to join them it says you need the DLC and to buy Premium.....but im a premium member :(

Aww...total tease....there are AK servers up and running but if you try to join them it says you need the DLC and to buy Premium.....but im a premium member :(

It is not out yet for PC. PS3 people get it first, then PC/xbox premium and then the rest.

Looks like the patch brought out all the hackers. I've encountered five in the past twelve hours. It just sucks out every ounce of fun from the game.

Looks like the patch brought out all the hackers. I've encountered five in the past twelve hours. It just sucks out every ounce of fun from the game.

Not doubting what you say, but I am more inclined to believe that it is just poor netcode that leads to the perception of hackers. Yesterday I tried playing on a server where I had ping of 110-130, rather than the typical servers I play on with a ping of 20-45. My expereince lead to the following: I was a god.

I have never been accused of so much hacking in my life. I was able to do it all, 1v1 confrontation winner, C4 magician on the infantry and sniping with rather good success, which according to the laws of the internet should be abso-frick'n-lutely impossible with such a craptastic ping. But no, instead I was greated with super skills.

Granted, this is not a scientific expereiment, but from what I saw, it made things so much clearer. With the prediction as it is in the game, low pings are not the advantage they once were, and may actually be a disadvantage. I would be inclined to speculate this is part of the reason EA is so quiet about 'hackers' and allowing the community to get all up in arms about it. EA's only other option would be to say, Nah, its certainlyl not hackers, its our code. Check the pings of people you constantly loose head to head battles with or have a run away KDR. Could be skill, could be the HPA (high-ping advantage).

When new Ex-Packs roll out more people play, therefore there are more people with high pings = the perception that the hacker population has exploded. This is all just speculation, but when playing with a 120 ping, my expereince was not at all what I thought it would be, by a wide margin.

The veiws expressed in this post may or may not make sense and quite possibly contain a bit of lunacy.

Not doubting what you say, but I am more inclined to believe that it is just poor netcode that leads to the perception of hackers.

Yes, the netcode is trash and it does explain a lot of the stupid things that happen, but I'm talking about aimbotters here. It's quite obvious from the way their aim snaps around.

Can anybody help me with my EOD bot kill lol. Ill return the favor if you need it too. Its so painful to use that after a few attempts I gave up but want to give the Mtar a try. Origin: ArazuX

But....But...This is just cod! :rolleyes:
Can anybody help me with my EOD bot kill lol. Ill return the favor if you need it too. Its so painful to use that after a few attempts I gave up but want to give the Mtar a try. Origin: ArazuX
I can, added you to origin.

Okay, so I have a question about my friends list. I had quite a few friends on my battlelog that wasn't on my origin; with this new update are they all gone? And Even my origin friends don't show up on battlelog.

But....But...This is just cod! :rolleyes:

I can, added you to origin.

Okay, so I have a question about my friends list. I had quite a few friends on my battlelog that wasn't on my origin; with this new update are they all gone? And Even my origin friends don't show up on battlelog.

They merged BL and Origin lists. When you log onto battle log there is something that will say something about a merge Battlelog and Origin friend list with a big continue button. Press the button and the process is done.

I played the series for years. Knew and played with/against the top competitive players. Don't think anybody is playing this game anymore. Nobody seems to be playing any particular game seriously besides maybe CS. Game is just a fuck around. Don't take it seriously and try to have fun by any means necessary bc the game is broken to a point of no return. gl hF

My NaMeZ sPAceman And I play with the bestest people in gaming, ever! they are like pro n stuffs!

Dude, nobody gives a shit about some random nerds, this game is played by millions of people and is pretty damn awesome for what it is. it's the most visually impressive mutliplayer shooter on the market and is tonnes of fun, with guns and explosions and helicopters ffs.

It is not broken at all.

My NaMeZ sPAceman And I play with the bestest people in gaming, ever! they are like pro n stuffs!

Dude, nobody gives a shit about some random nerds, this game is played by millions of people and is pretty damn awesome for what it is. it's the most visually impressive mutliplayer shooter on the market and is tonnes of fun, with guns and explosions and helicopters ffs.

It is not broken at all.

lol so true.

I don't get what people's obsession is with every game needing to be OMG PURE TACTICUL, NEED THOUSANDS OF HOURS TO BE GOOD AND COMPETITIVE" for it to be "not broken" or "a good fps". Frankly, I'm glad BF3 isn't like CS. Don't get me wrong, CS is fun, and I enjoy playing it but I like how in BF3 I don't have to worry about being "competitive" I can just join a game, hop in a tank/heli and blow shit up!

It's far better than cod as well, and IMO makes a nice middle ground between crazy newb friendly and only the elitist must play FPS. I've gotten quite a few of my friends to stop playing cod and playing BF3, which is easier to jump into while still having good variety.

I don't care what you say, flying is ruined now. Defense against air is just OP.

YAY for more Warthog/Frogfoot love...those cannons are beast!

I don't care what you say, flying is ruined now. Defense against air is just OP.

I know what you mean...I dropped flares earlier today in a game no shit about five seconds prior to being hit by missile...was like WTF? Lock on range is pretty crazy as well...

adapt and overcome baby, adapt and overcome.

Back