Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Is it just me or is an already crappy netcode even worse after last patch? No matter where I put the slider with a very low ping everything is rubberbanding, jerky, just plain laggy crap.

I don't have any rubber banding or any lag issues. I only join low-ping servers, and I have a nice PC. Once in a while I'll join a server that is having lag problems, I simply leave and join a different server.

They need to fix spotting. If the guy is near some sort of obstacle, spotting is hit or miss even tho you've got a clear line of sight.

The flip side of this, if you're in a heli and spot a tank across the map, you end up spotting 10 infantry for hundreds of meters each direction. I'd say that's a little messed up too lol.

Biggest pit-peeve....: FUCKING AWEFULl LONG RESPAWNS!!!!! I don't need 15sec to see the schmuck that killed me... For the love of god... Fuck me silly... Worst feature in a game EVER...

I thought you could change spawn times server side?

I thought you could change spawn times server side?

Vehicle respawn times. You can't change the part where your stuck staring at the asshole who killed you for 20 minutes. Worst part is when I wanna rage quit after getting 'gayed' - if you don't hit esc and quit fast enough your stuck staring at that dicksmack that killed you fueling your rage.

I like BF3 :)

Sometimes.

I see this game is still a love and hate, do you think B2K will bring some fresh to the game ? I play 1 hour those last 7 days.

Last edited:
What kind of performance can I expect with my old equipment?

Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
GTS 250

Playing at 1680x1050, though I don't mind playing at 1440x900 in windowed mode if I have to.

Can I get playable frames at medium/low in a 32 man server?

WTF. every know my English is poor and EA make millions, can't even hire someone qualitfy to edit their BS

Last edited:
You'll have to point it out to me. I can't seem to find it.

error.jpg

You can't change the part where your stuck staring at the asshole who killed you for 20 minutes.

Yeah that annoyed the hell out of me from Day 1, I just had to get over it. I wish I could spend those 15 seconds changing up my weapon configurations before I'm able to respawn, rather than having to stare at nothing for 10 second, then only have 2 more seconds to config my weapons before I'm able to respawn.

Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
GTS 250

Playing at 1680x1050, though I don't mind playing at 1440x900 in windowed mode if I have to.

I play on E6750 3.2GHz, ATI 5870 on 1920x1200 everything on LOW and 16xAA and everything is smooth.

Last edited:

Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
GTS 250

Cpu is ok; VIDEO card, not so much.

Putnig out a AAA title like this and having such half assed spelling mistakes is pretty sad. Just icing on the cake in terms of the problems people are having.

Before the last patch I could run all day with no crashes (2500K @ 4.5, 6950 2GB @ 930Mhz) i've had multiple crashes since the latest patch.

You think they could have tossed a 200 dollars to a high school kid to proof read this, the way EA is run makes me think there is nothing BUT high school kids there.

I like the dick head moves that make no sense in this game -- like not giving a true first person kill cam because "it might give away position" but then sticking in some half assed 3rd person kill cam that is totally useless and still gives away position.

Or ping, I like how I can see everyone's ping EXCEPT my own, the only one who matters. I know people have said "you can't ping yourself" - no shit sherlock, I want to know my live ping to the server. Why would anyone care about the other 63 pings in the place?

BF3 has till the end of the year to get it's shit together otherwise I'm going to do what I said I'd never do and pick up MW3 for cheap and start mindlessly killing arcade style again.

It has gotten to the point where I can't play this game for more than 30 seconds without becoming incredibly bored/irritated. Karkand can't get here soon enough

with ea its feast or famine :(

+1

DICE / EA do not understand balance it is terrible every patch is like 1 wild swing to the next. Sometimes you just have no clue what they are thinking.

I think this is what happens. Whiners come in and complain X is OP and needs a Nerf.

Dice Nerfs X

All the people using X come in and complain X is usless and needs a buff

Dice Buffs X

Goto 1:

+1

DICE / EA do not understand balance it is terrible every patch is like 1 wild swing to the next. Sometimes you just have no clue what they are thinking.

I think this is what happens. Whiners come in and complain X is OP and needs a Nerf.

Dice Nerfs X

All the people using X come in and complain X is usless and needs a buff

Dice Buffs X

Goto 1:

I beleive Dice is not that stupid. Most probably they check weapon usage statistics and if they see IRNV used 99% of times they nerf it.

Vehicle respawn times. You can't change the part where your stuck staring at the asshole who killed you for 20 minutes. Worst part is when I wanna rage quit after getting 'gayed' - if you don't hit esc and quit fast enough your stuck staring at that dicksmack that killed you fueling your rage.

play on hardcore servers then, they are much better, and no killcam

There are a ton of places where BF3 sticks you in the game and you cannot do anything. I hate level changes the most since it takes so long and that is a natural point alot of people would want to quit a server for various reasons.

I beleive Dice is not that stupid. Most probably they check weapon usage statistics and if they see IRNV used 99% of times they nerf it.

Well personally I cannot make any sense of alot of their flip flopping. I also cannot explain why there are a ton of weapons no one touches and they never buff any of those.

So I hadn't played in a week or so. Tried to play, and an error popped up saying I didn't have the game installed. Now its re-downloading.. ARG.

Used the AEK pre and post patch, have no complaints with it at all. Use forgrip and a red dot sight and rock out.

Well personally I cannot make any sense of alot of their flip flopping. I also cannot explain why there are a ton of weapons no one touches and they never buff any of those.

The weapons no one touches are probably the baseline, and they are bringing all the most used ones in line with the least used.

There was auto join, for a while....but I agree about this new problem....noobs/loners not bothering to join squads...

edit: I've gotten on servers lately where there are only 1 or 2 squads going, and 15 or 20 people not in squads............. ridiculous, because if only for the fact that this limits your spawning into the action.

One of the patches broke my ability to join or make a squad. I thought they broke something cause all the severs I've been on almost no one is in a squad. Am I missing something?

You were auto placed into a squad before. They now made it so you are not and have to manually join a squad.

Join a squad is grayed out and trying to click on any of the squads listed does nothing.

Should give you a tiny black button that says "Join". I believe it's right below the squad player list? Not sure. It's pretty small and hard to see, though. Not sure why they chose to make it so obscure.

Should give you a tiny black button that says "Join". I believe it's right below the squad player list? Not sure. It's pretty small and hard to see, though. Not sure why they chose to make it so obscure.

I've seen it happen before where the squad isn't locked, but there is still no Join button. When I went back to the screen later though, that squad was locked, so it may have just been a glitch in displaying the lock icon.

Was it HC round? In HC you would not be able to die only 4 times :)

I played a metro game the other night(hardly anyone using RPGs) and was cleaning up with the SKS. But a guy on the enemy team got close to 50 MAV kills with only 3-4 deaths. It was insane. I got a few roadkills with the MAV before, and have seen it a few times, but this MAV would come up the back escalator, do a full loop around to the front escalators and back down the back escalators. Mav would plow down 3-5 guys each time, never hit a wall, never bounce around....was a guided missile of death.
After we realized he was killing more of us then anyone else, we had 2 full squads of M249s and shotguns trying to take his MAV out when it came up.

Was it HC round? In HC you would not be able to die only 4 times :)

Naw , just standard. I normally love HC BF games but in BF3 I prefer standard. It was a crazy match. I was at one point 55/1 then I got butt raped by about 3 SMAW rounds at once lol.

Back