Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Figured out tonight as well, and it works quite a bit better than the m416 now. I think it's my Assault weapon of choice now.

We must be using a different gun...

Compared to other ARs, AN94 is still the worst (Perhaps m416 is worse after nerf, I don't use this one).

Even AKM is better than AN94 at the moment.

It's usable, but it completely blows on normal servers in comparison to other weapons.

On HC the two round burst might be ok, but on regular it's a tickling joke. You need to hit another person with 3 of those burts to put them down, good luck with that if they are not a noob.

anybody whos played bf2 or 2142 knows that nade spam is an integral part of capturing points. Supports lay down the ammo boxes, and everybody mashes G until the hit indicator stops appearing. Then you cap the point.

I always put on the squad grenades perk so my squad can throw grenades faster.

OUR NADES WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN.

Picked up an M416 once my M16A3 was out of ammo. The recoil was insane on that thing, but then again, it didn't have heavy barrel (I don't think). I'm still going to be sticking to the M16A3. At some point I should start to use the AEK a bit.

Anyone that has a PS3 that could post up the requirements for the BTK unlocks?

anybody whos played bf2 or 2142 knows that nade spam is an integral part of capturing points. Supports lay down the ammo boxes, and everybody mashes G until the hit indicator stops appearing. Then you cap the point.

Flashback to Karkand... Between US Uncap and Hotel. Talk about 'nade spam.

Me and 3 friends smoked up the back stairs and just had a non-stop rapefest at A. I guess we knocked the server owner's ego down a peg or two. Sad because I actually enjoyed the server.

24/7 Operation Metro Conquest 64 | NFO-CHI
74.91.115.192:25200

PS. The KH2002 kicks some serious ass!!

ClayNation was on the bottom score, lol, usually he make the top , since the patch a lot of cheat probably don't work, that will explain his low score ... I know this pain in the A$$, I play few round there before get kick, but not ban , you have to let the owner and his friend win....

look at the game after your's 75% of peoples quit or was kick, ( look they are in gray ) it's look that ClayNation find back his hack too .

st.jpg

Last edited:
AN94 test. Try the following.

Lead the wall at different rates and burst fire. At even slow lead times the bullets go all over the place.

Only the first bullet actually hits, you will never hit with both bullets at the same time while leading.

LOL...I played my first 32+ player Metro Conquest tonight...my god, nade spam is almost too inadequate a term to describe what was happening there. I will say this about it, though...it's a pretty good way to get kills and unlock gun attachments with so many people running around willy-nilly.

Also, very disappointed that it seems like they nerfed assault rifle accuracy at full auto but not LMGs. All the top players I saw were pretty much exclusively using the M249.

I started using the heavy barrel with the M416 so the recoil isn't really too bad. I switched to the G3 though since I wanted to try it, and I like it...even though supposedly they nerfed it. Still feels good and I want to unlock some shit for it.

I do enjoy not getting killed every 5 seconds with the IRNV, though. I haven't tried it myself but it does seem like way less people are using it.

Welcome aboard! 32+ Operation Metro and it's variants to a lesser extent, Damavand Peak & Seine Crossing are generally known as noob maps. Despite what people will tell you, they take no skill at all to play just spam spam spam wait for the others to run into your bullets/rpgs/granades/m320s.

Usually when people come in here trying to boost their e-peen, herpin' and derpin' about their personal stats, you can pretty much guarantee they've been spending a disproportionately large amount of time on these maps.

Welcome aboard! 32+ Operation Metro and it's variants to a lesser extent, Damavand Peak & Seine Crossing are generally known as noob maps. Despite what people will tell you, they take no skill at all to play just spam spam spam wait for the others to run into your bullets/rpgs/granades/m320s.

Usually when people come in here trying to boost their e-peen, herpin' and derpin' about their personal stats, you can pretty much guarantee they've been spending a disproportionately large amount of time on these maps.

So Infantry maps are noob maps? Got it.

Some people prefer infantry maps to air maps. I am one of those... since BF2. Not everyone plays those maps by camping corners with an RPG. But I guess those like myself should start playing other maps so I won't be seen on 'noob maps' as much.

Metro 64 I agree though - to an extent. Most are. Some play it by rushing with a squad and it's a ton of fun breaking through lines that way.

I noticed a huge increase in smoothness after the patch. Before when panning around, it was stuttering but with a frame rate in the 90's on my PC. Now it's smooth as butter and the frame rate, I think, might have improved a little.

So Infantry maps are noob maps? Got it.

Some people prefer infantry maps to air maps. I am one of those... since BF2. Not everyone plays those maps by camping corners with an RPG. But I guess those like myself should start playing other maps so I won't be seen on 'noob maps' as much.

Metro 64 I agree though - to an extent. Most are. Some play it by rushing with a squad and it's a ton of fun breaking through lines that way.

No not exactly, infantry map ! = noob map.

I consider them noob maps because it forces players to funnel into choke points like cattle awaiting to be slaughtered.
Examples of good designed infantry maps: Sharqi Peninsula, Road to Jalololololobad, Strike at Karkand. They're mostly considered infantry maps within the Battlefield spirit, but there virtually no choke points in these maps, you can attack from 360 degrees.

I consider them noob maps because it forces players to funnel into choke points like cattle awaiting to be slaughtered.
Examples of good designed infantry maps: Sharqi Peninsula, Road to Jalololololobad, Strike at Karkand. They're mostly considered infantry maps within the Battlefield spirit, but there virtually no choke points in these maps, you can attack from 360 degrees.

Mushtuur City was another good inf map.

Pre patch the AEK felt fine, post patch it somehow feels like it's harder to use. More spray and kick. Or am imagining it?

:p lmao

ClayNation was on the bottom score, lol, usually he make the top , since the patch a lot of cheat probably don't work, that will explain his low score ... I know this pain in the A$$, I play few round there before get kick, but not ban , you have to let the owner and his friend win....

look at the game after your's 75% of peoples quit or was kick, ( look they are in gray ) it's look that ClayNation find back his hack too .

I guess it's good to know he acts like a spoiled brat to other people as well. I know the 75 kills I had were a lot, but it was only a ~2.7 KDR and tickets are heavily extended on the server. He was just throwing a temper tantrum since we stomped him into the ground. I tried to add him as a friend to talk it over with him, but he refused :p. Plenty of other servers out there I guess.

Pre patch the AEK felt fine, post patch it somehow feels like it's harder to use. More spray and kick. Or am imagining it?

I didn't use it before the patch, but I got about ~40 or so kills with it last night. It definitely has some crazy recoil, and can be very hard to control full auto at range. Change to semi auto or select if it isn't close quarters.

I think the only I really agree with is Metro. Although I do have fun on the map, that really is a single funnel point map. Sienne and Bazaar are less so though.

Davamand I'm not a fan of.

But honestly, none of these maps are similar to BF2 maps [infantry map wise]. None have the same open-ness. There is nothing that even resembles the map layout of Mashtuur, Sharqi or Karkand. Good thing BTK is coming out though.

It'll be good to get out of the claustrophobic maps and still have infantry combat ;)

Picked up an M416 once my M16A3 was out of ammo. The recoil was insane on that thing, but then again, it didn't have heavy barrel (I don't think). I'm still going to be sticking to the M16A3. At some point I should start to use the AEK a bit.

LOL WHAT? the m416 has way more kills than me than any other gun, im not sure where your wild recoil is coming from, are you good at doing the burst to auto via counter recoil mouse movement?

LOL WHAT? the m416 has way more kills than me than any other gun, im not sure where your wild recoil is coming from, are you good at doing the burst to auto via counter recoil mouse movement?

It has been nerfed, much more recoil now. Luckily I have nearly 3000 kills with it pre-patch.

They bumped the M416s recoil rather noticeably in the latest client patch. I had over half of my assault rifle kills with it previously, but I am now finding that the AEK has more manageable recoil.

I don't know how much gun they gone nerf to please the noobs on their forum.

No not exactly, infantry map ! = noob map. .

Not only the maps are noobs, it's all the game, when you see how the DICE employees play on their youtube, we can only understand why this game take this direction

Eeaahhh Gawd, well I have to quote my own post and report my findings for the greater good of mankind. I just gave the maps a quick run through on the PS3 and they are gonna be very, VEEERRRYYY SAAAWWWEEET when they are playable on the PC.....as is right now, my eyes are bleeding from the terrible combination of its sub 720p low res blown up on my 47" 1080P LED HDTV. Gawwwd...ive said it before and Ill say it again...the console version is just an absolute horror versus the PC experience....and you know Ive never had a problem playing FPS shooters with a controller before but the console controller controls are looser than Paris Hilton's dead zone. BF3 MUST be played with a mouse!

So to reiterate once again, the console version is like wearing ten condoms and trying to sex a 385lb tubbo that has a cute face while the PC version is like making sweet, sweet rawdog love to Angelina Jolie from the movie Wanted.

B-b-b-but DICE said they designed this for consoles, and this was nothing but a terribad console port!!!1!11 :rolleyes:

And don't bag on Seine Crossing man, I love that map even though my friends hate it. I actually really enjoy that map, the choke points just make it that much more rewarding when you actually push through. Smoke ftw!

I thought it felt better after the patch, but maybe that's because I used it right after using the M416.

B-b-b-but DICE said they designed this for consoles, and this was nothing but a terribad console port!!!1!11 :rolleyes:

And don't bag on Seine Crossing man, I love that map even though my friends hate it. I actually really enjoy that map, the choke points just make it that much more rewarding when you actually push through. Smoke ftw!

There's a choke point on Seine? Aside from the first section, the rest have completely different routes and you can't cover both sites from the same spot.

One unusual twist is that the best way to get to bomb site B in the second leg (The one in the boat) is to go underneath site A, and the ones guarding site A can't block you ;)

Metro side passage, now THAT is a chokepoint.

How do you unlock smoke???? I have the M320...:(??

It doesn't show in the m320 stat page, but you unlock flachette at 10 kills and the smoke grenades at 20 kills (Correct me if i'm wrong).

Dunno why they made such an oversight in the weapon stats, but i guess it's because it's technically a gadget. HE, Flachette, and Smoke are considered as three different weapons instead of ammo.

Metro will have another dynamic if they make the US base outside and add a flag there too, same maps as the rush

Is it me or did the flashlight not change much? Teammates still blinding me.

I'm pretty sure it didn't have heavy barrel or foregrip. That's probably why - in addition to the recoil increase in the patch.

And yes, I was bursting and I do pull my mouse down on recoil.

well my sure fire way to make top 5 has now been nerfed. SKS+irnv no longer kills everything.

not sad about it in the slightest because I'm also not being Snipered by support anymore.

only played 4 rounds with the new patch but out of them 4 rounds it seems there was far more vehicle action.

i did notice all those IRNV users now just sit and camp. i guess it will take a few days for people adjust to playing with out it. it was getting frustrated last night because of all the standoffs over and over again with no one moving and every time i try to move i just died. one map i went 16 and 3 and next game i went 3 and 16 because it changed from outdoor map to city map.

IRNV getting nerfed is great. It was not nerfed so much as made more realistic. You really should not be able to see that far with that scope.

How do you excatly NERF night vision? It doesn't make any sense!
I would say just remove it from the game if it bothers noobs so much.
I mean its night vision, it is what it is .. you wouldn't give your soldier a scope that doesnt work??

The M416 is garbage now

The F2000 is still the same but I'm tired of killing with it.

What are the guns people are using now?

I find my self going back to the basics now m16 and Ak...

The only issue I had with this game was the flashlight and that has not changed at all.
Way to go DICE I will be putting this game down for a while and was thinking about uninstalling it
since everytime you get good with a gun noobies will cry and Dice will NERF it..lol

Back