Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

The problem with going with the repair tool right now is that half the idiots in the tanks won't even stand still for it; I've chased a tank halfway across the map trying to repair the damn thing and finally said F it.

that's so true ..... can't beleive how much retarded persons play that game. And how many times I go out repair the tank and a low life punk jump in it and run away. How I will which to have a hack to make my fist go out his screen. Anyway at the end their scores sucks and their real life probably too ,

Now someone have an idea what to try in this game, start to be bored doing always the same thing.

How about when your the gunner and you get out to repair the tank and the jerk off driver leaves you there.........that's my favorite....:D

That's my 2nd least favorite action...the first is as the driver you hop out to repair, and the gunner or someone else jumps in and takes off. Often running you over in the process. Which then leads to...colorful...comments in chat, which is why I can't play in eGO servers. :D

About a week ago I was absolutely destroying in an AMTRAK on Noshar Canals, 27-0. I hop out of the gunner seat to repair, and like you say he takes off. In that 1 AMTRAK we had literally controlled the entire map, recapping or defending anything the enemy tried to take. After he took off, we lost all the flags and he just tooled around not dying in the thing, but not helping at all. You want to talk about furious... :mad:

As an aside, I think the AMTRAK is my favorite vehicle and is often overlooked. It's the best anti-infantry vehicle, IMO, and is actually quite effective against armor as well with the grenade launcher.

Agree on the Amtrak, slow but very useful.

Getting left while repairing is very annoying as is the general lack of teamplay when you join a game without friends (most of my gaming). Team or squad based voice chat without having to stream through TS would be such a huge improvement.

Also, I think there must be some kind of hack that alerts every single sniper on the opposing team when you get out of a vehicle with a repair tool...shots start going off all around my feet as soon as I hop out, I feel like I'm in one of those cheesy movies where they're shooting at your feet to make you dance. :D

Agree on the Amtrak, slow but very useful.

Getting left while repairing is very annoying as is the general lack of teamplay when you join a game without friends (most of my gaming). Team or squad based voice chat without having to stream through TS would be such a huge improvement.

amtrac is like the mcom setup station, clear, set bomb, hold. FTW

Also, I think there must be some kind of hack that alerts every single sniper on the opposing team when you get out of a vehicle with a repair tool...shots start going off all around my feet as soon as I hop out, I feel like I'm in one of those cheesy movies where they're shooting at your feet to make you dance. :D

You may already know this, but when you exit a vehicle you end up wherever the turret is pointing.

When I'm riding gunner in a tank and I get out to repair in the midst of a tank battle, I swivel the gun around to the rear before I exit so I'm safe behind the tank.

I also use this to my advantage to confuse snipers in the exact situation you described. If I start taking fire I'll pop back inside the tank, swivel around to the other side, and exit again so I'm shielding by the tank. Lather rinse and repeat until the tank is fixed. :D

I think Metro conquest is so popular with kids because it requires about 0 brain activity to play in. All the other maps, require quite a bit of thinking, IMO, if you want to play them right. Of course, that's also why I enjoy it every now and then as a break from the regular gameplay.
You are right. 99% of the people who play metro conquest use 0% of their brain to play it. If they would use just 1% they would realize if a large majority of the team all rushes the back escalators (USA side only) then they would easily get the middle flag and possibly the furthest flag also, with the one idiot behind to get the first flag. Every single time I play that map as USA, I spam the team chat to try and coordinate a rush up the back escalators. The few times that people actually read it and get atleast a couple squads to rush the back escalators, we win the map.

I actually had one guy calling people idiots for using the smoke grenades on metro conquest because he could no longer see the enemy. I told him he was the idiot for not using the smoke to his advantage. You can easily blast through the smoke and surprise entire groups of guys with an auto shotty and rack up massive points.

another odd thing with repairing is that it seems like when I hop out of a vehicle to repair it places me between the tank and the enemy. 10% of the time it might pop me out on the back side so I can safely repair, but it is so damn frustrating to be popped out of the tank directly into the line of fire. how is it decided where you get placed when you exit the vehicle? is it totally random?

another odd thing with repairing is that it seems like when I hop out of a vehicle to repair it places me between the tank and the enemy. 10% of the time it might pop me out on the back side so I can safely repair, but it is so damn frustrating to be popped out of the tank directly into the line of fire. how is it decided where you get placed when you exit the vehicle? is it totally random?

You exit the vehicle in the direction you are last looking when you exit.

This is for tanks, not sure about other vehicles.

You are right. 99% of the people who play metro conquest use 0% of their brain to play it. If they would use just 1% they would realize if a large majority of the team all rushes the back escalators (USA side only) then they would easily get the middle flag and possibly the furthest flag also, with the one idiot behind to get the first flag. Every single time I play that map as USA, I spam the team chat to try and coordinate a rush up the back escalators. The few times that people actually read it and get atleast a couple squads to rush the back escalators, we win the map.

I actually had one guy calling people idiots for using the smoke grenades on metro conquest because he could no longer see the enemy. I told him he was the idiot for not using the smoke to his advantage. You can easily blast through the smoke and surprise entire groups of guys with an auto shotty and rack up massive points.

lol yeah i was using smoke grenade to rush since i know half of the people playing have systems that cant handle the effects - great way to take over B solo when your team's too dumb to work on it together

Anybody remember the name of that guy on the forums that works for origin? I still have BF3 alpha and beta shortcuts on my origin game list and I want them gone. I went through support, but the one guy on the other end said he tried and it didn't work.

I feel bad for the other teams that Shiz and i went up against last night lol. When you know what your doing you can swing the tide of battle in metro conquest fairly easy.

the-more-you-know.jpg

You may already know this, but when you exit a vehicle you end up wherever the turret is pointing.

When I'm riding gunner in a tank and I get out to repair in the midst of a tank battle, I swivel the gun around to the rear before I exit so I'm safe behind the tank.

I also use this to my advantage to confuse snipers in the exact situation you described. If I start taking fire I'll pop back inside the tank, swivel around to the other side, and exit again so I'm shielding by the tank. Lather rinse and repeat until the tank is fixed. :D

I do that, but there have been a few nights now where I wanted to tear my hair out...no matter which side I jumped out on, I was getting shot down nearly instantly. All over the map, different vehicles. Looking back it was pretty funny, but at the time it was seriously frustrating! Even on Noshar Canals at the A cap, where you should be pretty shielded if you exit out the broadside facing the carrier (US team) I ended up getting shot.

i never knew that! going to give that a shot tonight, thanks

I didn't realize that either until about 300+ hours into BC2. :(

Never knew that, thanks!

lol, so true. The back escalators is ever covered by more then a few. Regardless of what side your on, its the easiest way to break through....though almost no one knows this. I dont know why anyone would ever take the side hall, its a death trap.

I just unlocked the SKS. Holy -burger that gun flippin is epic. with the 7x or 4x, its insane. Accuracy is awesome and hitting power is retarded powerful. It took me forever to get to the SKS, but Im 2 games from the M40A5

Well, generally I just notice when a tank is close to death, so the likelyhood of someone hopping out to repair it is pretty high. I just wait to see the turret stop moving and then look for the driver. :cool:

I find camo quite useful when doing close-range marksman work as Recon on Caspian Border (paratrooper camo + M98B + ACOG). No scope glint to give me away, and the camo makes me much harder to see when I stick to bushes.

At least until the LMG+IRNV+Foregrip whores start looking for you after you pop a few skulls anyway.

I cant wait for more maps.

Is the M40A5 any good? It looks like it has a lower range and lower muzzel velocity then the SV98?

Last edited:
I cant wait for more maps.

Is the M40A5 any good? It looks like it has a lower range and lower muzzel velocity then the SV98?

i liked it more than the sv98, and then i liked the m98B even more than those 2. im like always rocking a 8-12x scope though

500 m and more I use the m98b and less than 500 m, I use the SVD, so if i get into a problem, I get shoot more fast

Anyone know if you have to be main gunner in tank to use guided shell? Or can you be secondary/tertiary?

I mean, I know they're low res pics, but still...

They're JPG screenshots of a YouTube video. You're judging it by that? How can you possible know what the actual footage looked like?

Let me make you an example.

YouTube simulation:

Actual source:

Without knowing what it looks like beforehand, all comments about the quality are essentially useless.

Last edited:
Patch here soon yay! I hope they fix some stability issues as I cannot even play the game anymore I get so many BF3.exe crashes.

Dear god this game looks terrible on consoles. I mean, I know they're low res pics, but still...

the video quality was awful.

not that I have seen it on a console, but since I run ultra and high for most Im sure its not as nice

and uh...holy small maps. glad we get real ones

They're JPG screenshots of a YouTube video. You're judging it by that? How can you possible know what the actual footage looked like?

hey man I PNG'd them :p

but yeah, bad source, bad screen caps

Well, generally I just notice when a tank is close to death, so the likelyhood of someone hopping out to repair it is pretty high. I just wait to see the turret stop moving and then look for the driver. :cool:

This. Plus it's a big help for the team. I've seen tanks get quite a few extra kills ore even survive when the .50 gunner jumps out and reps him. So I always wait and pop him in the head. I love getting the driver when he's running away before the explosion too. :cool:

I just unlocked the IRNV for my m416. Holy crap what a difference it makes! Now that I can actually see people I'm able to get hella kills, and actually have a positive K/D. Could also be me getting more used to the game.

Back