Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

The problem is that admins that allow shit like vehicle camping to occur and don't properly admin their servers. If they did, there wouldn't be a need to TK.

Agree but I was referring to his post when i said he run after the guy who TK him for revenge. Doing so remove more ticket to his team and the time he lost to do so he doesn’t produce for the team.
Today I fall on a well administered server, the Admin kick 3 guys for using too much mortar. He informs us than mortar abuse will not be tolerated and it was with only one, 3 other smart guy start to mortar.

Have a look at this they remove all his rank ...lol

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/user/AJ_Harry_AJ/

Question as my google-fu is failing me here. A friend of mine is going to try and run this off a q6600 4gb ddr2 800, asus commando, gtx 460. Is that going to fly and what sort of detail settings would he grab at 1080p res.

Perhaps. I'd be curious to see what his clock speed is, as I bet that's where he's limited.

That's nice-you want a cookie?
If you are claiming to be the number one player, play like it, not like a two year old that lost their sippy cup.
If you are so hot $hit, but the other team is dominating with their air assets, go be that god like player you claim to be and take them out.
Mobile anti-air is not the only thing that can take down air assets, but you knew that already.
Again, TKing someone to get their vehicle is bar none the LAMEST thing you can do-it is no different then the jackasses that put mines on the runways or shot their teammates as they were climbing into to planes in BF2, because you deserve the vehicle more than someone else?
TKing someone that PURPOSEFULLY TK'd you first is fair game-anything else is retarded and smacks of toddler behavior.
This game is for fun....for the other players as well-you aren't the only guy on the server.

Too bad your such a newb you don't even know how the game works. On maps like firestorm the mobile AA is the only effective means of controlling the opposing team air assets. They stay away from your base AA so that renders it useless. Engineer anti-air missiles are spoofed 100% of the time making them worthless.

If you were not so horrible at the game you would know these simple things. Your one of those soccer mom type people who thinks everyone is equal and deserves and award for just showing up. Here is a pro-tip for you, they are not. If some newb takes a key asset and wastes it camping in some corner causing your team to lose, your damn right a better player is entitled to that asset to win the game.

If I was the admin I will permently ban you for make your on justice on my server.

"if I were president"...

Anyone else getting a lot of "Badly formed command" crashes listing driver version as a pop-up box once the game crashes? Only just started happening today/last night for me :(.

Well, figured it out... it was one of my two GTX 570 cards dying. Took the faulty one out and it's working properly again, RMA time :(.

Question. When does the scope glint appear? Does it not show up until you actually zoom in? Or does it glint even when you're just staying still? If it only glints when scoped, how long does it take to wear off when you unscope?

As far as I can tell, it only shows up when you have the scope up, not when you are running around. And it goes away as soon as you un-zoom.

If some newb takes a key asset and wastes it camping in some corner causing your team to lose, your damn right a better player is entitled to that asset to win the game.

You use that word, entitled, but I don't think it means what you think it means. It is a game. No one is entitled to anything, except perhaps for the game to be hack-free.

Too bad your such a newb you don't even know how the game works. On maps like firestorm the mobile AA is the only effective means of controlling the opposing team air assets. They stay away from your base AA so that renders it useless. Engineer anti-air missiles are spoofed 100% of the time making them worthless.

If you were not so horrible at the game you would know these simple things. Your one of those soccer mom type people who thinks everyone is equal and deserves and award for just showing up. Here is a pro-tip for you, they are not. If some newb takes a key asset and wastes it camping in some corner causing your team to lose, your damn right a better player is entitled to that asset to win the game.

Lack of the LAV-AD on Operation Firestorm isn't the end all be all solution to the enemy air. Having just a few engineers carrying the Stinger/IGLA is also very effective at scaring off helos and strafing jets. Sure you might not kill anyone, but if you scared them off you're job is done. On another note, I found that following your main armor battalion is among the most effective uses of the LAV-AD/Mobile AA. It helps protect your tanks against the wasps in the sky and can also shred infantry to pieces should the situation require you to do so. You're absolutely right on one thing though, don't just park it in the middle of no where creating a no-fly zone over absolutely nothing useful. I have seen a good number of tards doing this.

As far as I can tell, it only shows up when you have the scope up, not when you are running around. And it goes away as soon as you un-zoom.

Good. Coz i recall seeing people running around with their guns shining.

If you're going to troll him, at least use 3rd grade english.

Also, the SOFLAM will target enemy planes and you can shoot them down with javelins. Try that.

That is the best you can do?

Lack of the LAV-AD on Operation Firestorm isn't the end all be all solution to the enemy air. Having just a few engineers carrying the Stinger/IGLA is also very effective at scaring off helos and strafing jets. Sure you might not kill anyone, but if you scared them off you're job is done. On another note, I found that following your main armor battalion is among the most effective uses of the LAV-AD/Mobile AA. It helps protect your tanks against the wasps in the sky and can also shred infantry to pieces should the situation require you to do so. You're absolutely right on one thing though, don't just park it in the middle of no where creating a no-fly zone over absolutely nothing useful. I have seen a good number of tards doing this.

Yes, you are very right. Following your armor is key and not camping off in no-mans land. I get just as much infantry/ground vehicle kills or maybe even more than air kills with the mobile AA. Just like you said, my whole point is people think it is OK for tards who monopolize and horde key items all to themselves for the entire game while at the same time not doing anything useful with it. This is not OK.

...On maps like firestorm the mobile AA is the only effective means of controlling the opposing team air assets. They stay away from your base AA so that renders it useless. Engineer anti-air missiles are spoofed 100% of the time making them worthless....

As an engineer if you just mindlessly fire off your AA missiles then I agree, but that is not a very smart way to play.
I routinely hit both jets and helicopters on Firestorm with my engineer's AA missiles; it's all about timing. Lock them up but wait until they drop their flares for someone else's missile, then fire yours. Sometimes I get the kill and sometimes I get the assist, but either way they're not flying anymore. It's all about team work.

Agreed on all points

As an engineer if you just mindlessly fire off your AA missiles then I agree, but that is not a very smart way to play.
I routinely hit both jets and helicopters on Firestorm with my engineer's AA missiles; it's all about timing. Lock them up but wait until they drop their flares for someone else's missile, then fire yours. Sometimes I get the kill and sometimes I get the assist, but either way they're not flying anymore. It's all about team work.

You can do this yourself unless you're against a good pilot; just lock and wait for them to pop flares, then reaquire and fire. They won't have time to do so again (unless the gunner is using flares which I'd guess most aren't). If it's a good pilot it doesn't matter how or when you fire the missile, it'll get spoofed, so in that case they can be fairly useless.

Good. Coz i recall seeing people running around with their guns shining.

That'll probably be the quasar/torch attachment.

I am very pleased that you can change your soldier name in this. Good news for me, since I like changing it to whatever nonsense pops into my head at a whim.

@ Vega;

your.png

Question as my google-fu is failing me here. A friend of mine is going to try and run this off a q6600 4gb ddr2 800, asus commando, gtx 460. Is that going to fly and what sort of detail settings would he grab at 1080p res.

I have a Q8200, gtx 260, 4g ram, all on stock, no OC. My setting are texture on high, everything else on medium, no motion blur, no AA, 8xAF, runs pretty smooth at 35+ fps at 1080p.

Turn everything down to low only increase fps by 5, max. So medium is a sweet spot.

lol......you wrong , ban come few day later not the same day.
um..no? Actually, I'm right. I never said they got banned the same day. I said I got 2 hackers banned.

Now if you don’t see their name anymore is because they change their name quite often for another one to not be reported. So if PB doesn’t have screen shot of them before the report they will not be ban and since they change name, well you have no idea of their new one, so they are not ban they just change their name.

And again, you're wrong here. If you bookmark a certain person's profile, they can change their name all they want, and it will update in your bookmark. It will also automatically update in all your battle logs which have that person in them. You should make sure you're educated about a topic before you try to one-up somebody on it.

Obviously you cant just report everybody that kills you. You cant even report the people that are obviously hacking. I report people that are blatantly hacking. The ones that end the round with 100 kills and 2 deaths while spinning in circles headshotting everybody.

On another note, I finally unlocked the M249 IRNV sight today - Almost feels like cheating, especially in the Metro underground areas where the normal visibility isn't that good. Not sure if I'll keep using it or not.

Every other fucker is using it so you might as well too.

I'm using it on my M416 and it's easy mode, still loving red dot reflex for Deathmatch though

Anybody get killed INSIDE their jet or helo by a single stinger or heatseeker? It's total BS. What good is the extinguisher when both me and my jet are at 100% and a single stinger hits the back of it causing me to die and my jet to just float away?

I had a lot of these hitches and the occasional lock-up where I would be completely paused for about 5 seconds two or three times a round. Disabling AA fixed it for me.

I have it disabled already, I've never had 5 second pauses. Just sudden micropauses after kills.

Anybody get killed INSIDE their jet or helo by a single stinger or heatseeker? It's total BS. What good is the extinguisher when both me and my jet are at 100% and a single stinger hits the back of it causing me to die and my jet to just float away?
Yes. Happens all the time. I've got zero problem with it, the same thing would happen IRL if the missile hit a certain spot.

No kidding. I thought I was shitting on boys just using the KH2002 with ACOG - as soon as I got the IRNV I was unstoppable.

It's like an officially-sanctioned wallhack. IRNV is the biggest joke in this game, even more so than the M249 which does huge poos on LMGs firing far superior calibres. /semi gun nerd

No, but in all seriousness an LMG as heavy as the Pecheneg should not have such huge muzzle climb as it does. Big disappointment.

I'm afraid I have been using it the last few days. I think quite possibly to counter all the sodding camping, prone snipers.

Yes. Happens all the time. I've got zero problem with it, the same thing would happen IRL if the missile hit a certain spot.

In real life, a direct hit with a missile would tear a plane apart. Hit the rear of the plane, engines blow...hit a wing, well thats where the fuel is stored so BOOM...hit the cockpit, well thats a duh, lol.

YOU ARE OFFLINE
It appears our authentification server are down.........

wtf they can't even make their stuff work.

I'm logged into Origin. Perhaps it is a regional or specific server issue.

Better cancel your preorder.

Happened to me quite a few times. Also funny how FFARs don't seem to do much damage to aircraft, probably a similar amount of damage that they do to tanks where it takes an entire salvo just to disable, which seems rather ridiculous.

On another note, I experienced the horrible TV guided missile bug. On hardcore servers, it turns into an instant-self-destruct button. I think my poor gunner got himself booted off of the server.

Except that I can't login to battlelog outside of origin...for whatever reason it always drops me back to the login page as if its just refreshing the page.

That's odd; sorry. I'm able to log into Battlelog outside of Origin on Chrome and IE8.

I can log to battlelog too, peoples are reporting a new message that they have to reset their password for too much fail login...Origin can at least put a word on their forum .

EDIT , finally a guy on Origin chat get answered it will be fix by the end of the night ?????

They now have a Notice at the top of Battlelog:

NOTICE We´re getting reports that players are not being able to log on to Origin. We´ve picked up the issue and are investigating.

Back