12:57:03 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:04 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by Apache
12:57:05 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:06 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90
12:57:07 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:08 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90
12:57:09 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:10 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90

I never thought I would say this but honestly I would have no problem at all if they removed tanks from the game. I would estimate that 75% of my overall deaths come from tanks, the LAV, etc.

c4 is your friend.

If you are sneaky enough, you wait....plant the C4 run away and boom!

It seems like 80% of my Bf3 experience is like this:

12:57:01 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:02 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90
12:57:03 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:04 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by Apache
12:57:05 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:06 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90
12:57:07 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:08 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90
12:57:09 AM: Computerpro3 has spawned on squadmate
12:57:10 AM: Computerpro3 has been killed by T90

I never thought I would say this but honestly I would have no problem at all if they removed tanks from the game. I would estimate that 75% of my overall deaths come from tanks, the LAV, etc.

Sounds like you need to get better at playing cat and mouse with armored vehicles. Or spawn elsewhere.

I'm sure it doesn't come fully naturally to people who have played fps without vehicles for a long time, but when you see a tank/LAV on your minimap, avoid it. Always make sure there's cover between you and it, and ideally, never let it see you. You can usually tell where they are looking if their shooting at something. After playing BF since 1942, I barely worry about them and almost never die to them.

If you're trying to kill them, that can be a bit of a risk. There's tons of people that play engi/support though.

I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 and am quite good at them. I'm quite a good engineer in BC2 - check out the youtube video of AT4's that I posted.

Honestly it seems like I'm playing a different game than you guys then. I'm usually one of maybe five engineers on the team and often am the only person trying to take out tanks. Further, the suppression fire of the machine gun on them makes it often impossible to even get off a shot.

Rockets don't do anything against tanks, and the tanks have infinite range on the machine gun. A tank with a single engineer repairing it is 100% invincible - I've run out of rockets many times since the repair rate of the tank exceeds that of my refire rate. It takes three engineers simultaneously shooting a tank being repaired to take it down.

Its very easy to kill repairing engineers.

Actually I think the perfect solution would be to make the machine gunner exposed. I think it would make things way more balanced because they couldn't sit back 400 miles from spawn and just baserape since a single sniper could take it out.

BF3 benchmark (Hyperthreading - on vs off)

Interesting finding...

Source

Hyperthreading on ---------

Frames: 28457 - Time: 338553ms - Avg: 84.055 - Min: 51 - Max: 141

Frames: 28928 - Time: 344216ms - Avg: 84.040 - Min: 34 - Max: 142

Hyperthreading off ---------

Frames: 28084 - Time: 331798ms - Avg: 84.642 - Min: 59 - Max: 143

Frames: 28886 - Time: 333764ms - Avg: 86.546 - Min: 40 - Max: 144

It's gonna take a while before tanks get suppressed quickly. If your expecting Engineers to work together and RPG barrage the tank good luck.

Airplanes and Helos will be unlocking the TV missles and rocket pods soon. So if you have no AT ability just mark the tank and clench your anus hoping some ditzy pilot cares about your plight and takes out the armor. :D

I think this depends on how you look at "balance."

For instance a tank with an engineer repairing is 2 people + 1 tank, if there is a dedicated gunner that is another person. I would say requiring 3 engineers to engage it is a fair trade off in terms of resources for each team.

I still have yet to buy this game. Does anyone know if it supports force-feedback for joystick configurations?

I think this depends on how you look at "balance."

For instance a tank with an engineer repairing is 2 people + 1 tank, if there is a dedicated gunner that is another person. I would say requiring 3 engineers to engage it is a fair trade off in terms of resources for each team.

And the tank cant move cause you expose your engineers.

I've already played 21 hours...this game is addictive :D I'm checking the leaderboards and some people have already played 48 hours....I can't believe that

i've never had as much trouble with tanks as you are describing in your post in all honesty. don't run in blindly just to try and take it out either. pick off that engi first, and then rape that s.o.b. and be smart with your shots. shoot, go prone behind some cover immediately so he has a hard time spotting you. move around and keep picking at it.

Yep. Stick and move, stick and move. I really enjoy fighting tanks in BF3 - it was less fun in BF2 because if you didn't get the kill, you didn't get any points at all. Now at least you get disable assist points and you can get both disable and destroy points so you don't kill your score fighting them.

Yep. Stick and move, stick and move. I really enjoy fighting tanks in BF3 - it was less fun in BF2 because if you didn't get the kill, you didn't get any points at all. Now at least you get disable assist points and you can get both disable and destroy points so you don't kill your score fighting them.

I really enjoy dropping mortar rounds on tanks, thats a lot of fun!

Dr. Pepper giving out codes with their bottled drinks for 5 different types of dogtags and a skin. Otherwise, the game is wasting me away... slowly.

Just saw "Paradox BF3 [RUSH] #2" it is a 64 player rush server. I guess it is possible?

For those having issues with pings showing up in the browser, try opening the browser in a a new tab. Works every time so far for me when I run into the issue, using latest Firefox.

The game is gorgeous, but the multiplayer sucks, at least for now since I'm new. I have no idea what I'm doing, what the icons are, who my squad leader is, if people are even going out in squads at all, and I have no idea where the objectives are. It's an unmitigated mess, almost entirely due to the minimap being next to useless. This sums up my thoughts perfectly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/lr7fw/i_am_really_really_awful_at_this_game_but_i_am/

LtY5H.jpg

Last edited:
The game is gorgeous, but the multiplayer sucks. I have no idea what I'm doing, what the icons are, who my squad leader is, if people are even going out in squads at all, and I have no idea where the objectives are. It's an unmitigated mess.

press M then N and u get 3 options for the map.
RTFM ;)

The game is gorgeous, but the multiplayer sucks. I have no idea what I'm doing, what the icons are, who my squad leader is, if people are even going out in squads at all, and I have no idea where the objectives are. It's an unmitigated mess.

Just because you are not "in the know", doesn't mean it sucks... :rolleyes:

The anti aircraft in this game is sooo damn annoying. All you ever hear when you fly over the battlefield is beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep!!!!!

OK I am losing it. After 7.5 hours of gameplay, I JUST noticed... there is a typo in my frigging Origin name. It's missing an N. Wow. Just... I am losing it.

Been playing nothing but 64 player maps since launch.

These 64 player maps are epic and justify the ownership of a gaming PC ;)

There are some issues to be ironed out for sure...for example (and not sure if intentional) sprinting on foot has, "run away train" mechanics...ergo it is like a fat guy transplanted his brain in an athletes body...does not know how to control such fine design. Can not back track and run the other way...must come to full stop to shift gears. If this on foot running design was intentional then it needs some fine tuning because strafing and back tracking while sprinting is pretty unrealistic.

Overall the experience is epic. What is all there? Epic: dog fights, choppers, tanks, quick infantry moving vehicles, balanced sniper play, multiple control points, fairly balanced classes from the get go and massive maps to justify 64 players on the same map at a time!

My only grief is with servers enabling the triangle color coded designation for RU/NA squads as these servers cater to noobs (and they seem to be abound).

All in all this game is so epic anyone who has not played on the PC is missing out.

My only grief is with servers enabling the triangle color coded designation for RU/NA squads as these servers cater to noobs (and they seem to be abound).

Its called Spotting, and if you don't like it, play Hardcore like me :D

Yup, hardcore mode is an option. I play it exclusively, 3d spotting is a shitty mechanic.

So I don't know about anyone else, but the trees animations are really annoying, it's almost like they are rubber trees just swaying around randomly or something.

So I don't know about anyone else, but the trees animations are really annoying, it's almost like they are rubber trees just swaying around randomly or something.

Or like one of those old early cartoons where everything in the scene is bouncing around.

actually not.
its to stop the camping noobs who cant play.

as opposed to having like five guys camping the same high traffic area easily picking off triangles?

camping is a lot more difficult when one does not have a convoy along their side and a triangle over the enemies head...........

how many times i have been pummeled by a group of medics/engis dropping kits for a whole group of campers hunkering down picking off easy indicators...aka...triangles over head.

sigh

Back