Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Is anyone else having issues with getting kicked by admin from servers? I seem to find a decent server, lag wise, and play for like 1 minute, then bam, kicked by admin. Am I doing it wrong?

Finally manage to play a round of conquest. Boy did it stutter badly.

I've turned down the graphics quality and it still some how doesn't feel as smooth as it did in beta.

Your sig says gtx 295... lucky for you all 2xx hardware has broken drivers.

Old drivers are smooth but crash the game, new ones stutter. There's a post on the nvidia forums about it. It's seemingly completely on their end.

Old drivers are smooth but crash the game, new ones stutter. There's a post on the nvidia forums about it. It's seemingly completely on their end.

they better fix this....i have 2xx hardware.

Also...who is the idiot at DICE that though the knife animations were needed in MP? I have been killed every single time I knife someone one because that damn animation just screws up the entire game. You become totally disconnected from whats going on. What was wrong with the BC2 or even the 2142/2 way?? this is very stupid to me.

Also...who is the idiot at DICE that though the knife animations were needed in MP? I have been killed every single time I knife someone one because that damn animation just screws up the entire game. You become totally disconnected from whats going on. What was wrong with the BC2 or even the 2142/2 way?? this is very stupid to me.

I guess because they wanted it to be a "humiliation" type kill more than it is actually effective. You watch your killer stab you in the throat and tear off your dog tags.

Also anyone on 2xx hardware, add yourself to this list!
http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/vision_mouse_look_stuttering

I agree. I wind up getting shot while that damn animation is going. Stupid stupid stupid.

I like the knife animation. I've gotten a few knife kills, just have to pick your spots.

I'd suggest disabling HT first. I'm on nearly identical hardware and my stuttering issue was 100% hyperthreading related, the drivers work fine on my 295.

I'd suggest disabling HT first. I'm on nearly identical hardware and my stuttering issue was 100% hyperthreading related, the drivers work fine on my 295.

I really dont see any difference with and without HT here.. In fact when a ton of shit is happening without HT I notice it gets a bit choppy. Not with HT on though.

I really dont see any difference with and without HT here.. In fact when a ton of shit is happening without HT I notice it gets a bit choppy. Not with HT on though.

It seems like most of the people who have noticed improvements with HT off, also have X58 machines. Most people with 2600Ks (including me) don't seem to be having the same trouble. I tried it both ways last night and didn't see a difference.

Just hit rank 22 w/ a ~2.0kdr and have not missed a day of work yet. Pretty hard thing to do, give me props :)

It seems like most of the people who have noticed improvements with HT off, also have X58 machines. Most people with 2600Ks (including me) don't seem to be having the same trouble. I tried it both ways last night and didn't see a difference.

Yeah, I have HT on my 2600K and haven't had any issues.

I have HT on with 1156 with no issues here.

I want that coffeee!!! :D
I drink 2 of these, one at 5pm when I get home and another around 11pm, then fall asleep around 3am...

250mg of caffeine per can...

http://www.rockstar69.com/product.php?pdt=19

5400507947_09f75ca5c9.jpg

No issues with HT on my 2600k

i got a 2600k with hyperthreading turned on with the system in my sig and I've got no issues

Player in the [H] Conquest server just flew around and blew up our jets/helos at spawn over and over. The guy doesn't even get any points for that. How else can jets obtain points if there aren't other aircraft in teh air
There should be a kick for that in the server German Muscle. It actually worked to our advantage since we had more infantry on the ground and won the rounds.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037941303 said:
Just hit rank 22 w/ a ~2.0kdr and have not missed a day of work yet. Pretty hard thing to do, give me props :)

Jesus nice job. I'm rank 18 and i've been off work since release (and playing like a meth-head).

SO EXCITED. Just bought this game and canceled my rift subscription. I've needed a good fps. With cod4 I bough it for 40 I believe and sunk over 300 hours into it. So well worth it. Downloading now, at 1g/10 from amazon.

mortars are fun, but to me they're the equivalent of being a sniper. after awhile i get bored and just want to get back to the action.

Can anyone else connect to servers? I have not been able to connect for a while (Origin auth issue maybe?)

mortars are fun, but to me they're the equivalent of being a sniper. after awhile i get bored and just want to get back to the action.

This I agree with. Mortars are pretty powerful at certain times on certain maps (they can be quite ridiculous in rush), but they get boring after a while. I had a few games that I went like 15-2 on just by clicking on a map.

I refound a new love for C4 last night. I literally blew up 8 tanks in one Caspian match... it was quite hilarious because I spent most of my time chasing tanks rather than running from them. Pretty sure I pissed a few people off. Good times.

DAO-12 in Metro and Bazaar is also quite fun as well.

I haven't seen them either. I only saw one during the Beta on Caspian.
Maybe if you get enough points or something the Hornet warps into a A10 when you get inside, lol.

Maybe it'll transform into Starscream after 100 service stars.:p

Kharg Island rush has it. That's the only one I've seen.

Thanks, tried to join one but it was full :p

Can anyone else connect to servers? I have not been able to connect for a while (Origin auth issue maybe?)

It gave me a warning about service issues but connected anyways.

Player in the [H] Conquest server just flew around and blew up our jets/helos at spawn over and over. The guy doesn't even get any points for that. How else can jets obtain points if there aren't other aircraft in teh air
There should be a kick for that in the server German Muscle. It actually worked to our advantage since we had more infantry on the ground and won the rounds.

Do you still get Disable points if no one is in the vehicle?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037941303 said:

Props nothing, I fucking HATE you!

I work 10-11 hour shifts and have a wife and 12 year old son and have only managed to get to level 3 so far (spent almost as much time trying to find a servers that cooperated with me as I did playing last night.) But this weekend I told them both that if they wanted to talk to me they would need to do so during any bathroom breaks I should take.

Seriously though, good job. :D

Back