Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

lol loving the rubber band deniers, about 80% of the servers I've tried have been rubber banding, and there's people actually claiming its smooth.

Btw this shouldn't have been released like this, most games are more polished in beta. When will dice figure this shit out, it absolutely has cost them sales in the past and will again now. As of right now I can't recommend this game to anyone, but in a month I'm sure it will be fine. Same shit all over again.

It does rubber band though it's seriousness is nowhere near the level you'd like people to believe. I'll take the game as is with a fix in the near future vs waiting. It's hardly unplayable.

After a couple of hours. Multiplayer is BF to the core. Loving it.

Singleplayer on the other is as lame as it gets. There are more cutscenes, scripted instances, and lame press this button here for preted hand-to-hand combate than actual gameplay. Worse the game takes control of your character away from you- and nothing I hate more than not being able to control my character.

Oh well, bought this for MP anyway.

I'm going to have to move to a 580. My 295 just can't perform the way I want anymore. :(

Anyone know what sort of frames I can expect at 1080P all high no AA with a single 580?

At 1920x1200 with High preset (which includes FXAA), I was getting 60 and higher on all the maps I played (which was all of them, I think).

You can max the entire game out with just one 580. I know this because a friend of mine, who also played the alpha/beta, never shuts up about it.

No way can you max out the entire game with a single 580, not at playable frame rates on a decent resolution.

Definitely loving it atm, albeit having not played a multiplayer FPS in awhile, and being ridicuously early in the morning, my skills are nowhere near where they should be.

Only a few complaints atm.

The rubberband lag (but not that bad except when on a 64 player server).
The web browser based browser. I believe I was kicked out of the first game I joined because I spent half the round configuring my settings, which I'd normally do before joining a game.

Decent graphics and sound though. Everythings on Ultra and running fairly smoothly @ 1920x1200 (50+ fps).

*EDIT*

I will say this though. I looked at videos I recorded with Fraps and the results do not give the game justice. I'd hate to see how YouTube appears with it's horrible compression.

Is the green flickering exclusive to AMD cards? It's pretty annoying, but usually comes and goes intermittently. The rubber-banding is also kind of annoying, but is pretty infrequent and I'm sure it'll be remedied soon.

Fuck me, I love this game. Nothing but good things to say about it other than I can't play it on Ultra. :(

I'd love to say that I'll be in the battlefield with you guys, but Gamestop screwed me hard out of my money and time.

Is the green flickering exclusive to AMD cards? It's pretty annoying, but usually comes and goes intermittently. The rubber-banding is also kind of annoying, but is pretty infrequent and I'm sure it'll be remedied soon.

Fuck me, I love this game. Nothing but good things to say about it other than I can't play it on Ultra. :(

I haven't seen any graphical anomolies on my NVidia cards yet. And if you can play on Ultra, I would suggest it, as it's fairly nice.

Decent graphics and sound though. Everythings on Ultra and running fairly smoothly @ 1920x1200 (50+ fps).

Are you one of those who use the word "decent" instead of "great"? "Not bad" instead of "awesome"? To not seem too excited?
Operation Firestorm is sweet eye candy.

And if you can play on Ultra, I would suggest it, as it's fairly nice.

Again, "fairly" instead of "beautiful"?

Just messin' with ya. lol

I'm contemplating picking this game up based on the footage in the commercials, but I'm concerned about system specs as my box is about 2.5 years old now. Does anyone know if my system will handle this engine at all?

Windows 7
Radeon HD 4830 512MB
4GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz

Anyone else getting a "technical error" on every page change in BattleLog? Refresh servers - "technical error", check stats - "technical error" - refreshing the page works, but the first load is screwed up every time.

I've seen these terms a lot and don't know what they mean:

Microstuttering
Rubber Band Lag

I am waiting for Origin's slow ass to send my physical copy, so I don't have the game yet even though I preordered months ago.

Anyone else getting a "technical error" on every page change in BattleLog? Refresh servers - "technical error", check stats - "technical error" - refreshing the page works, but the first load is screwed up every time.

Yeah, I was. I blame probably too many people all trying to log in at the same time. I quit the web browser and Origin and restarted it, and everything worked as expected afterwards.

Are you one of those who use the word "decent" instead of "great"? "Not bad" instead of "awesome"? To not seem too excited?
Operation Firestorm is sweet eye candy.

Again, "fairly" instead of "beautiful"?

Just messin' with ya. lol

At 3-5 AM in the morning for me with little to no sleep, I don't have the energy to be too enthusiastic. As for statements, I'll usually wait until I have a decent amount of playtime before making any final judgments.

I get random flashes of green. Anyone else getting that? ATI 6950 with latest catalyst.

Get the exact same thing. but on a GTX580

Gotta say I am a bit miffed at dice, it seems there are more bugs in this than the Beta.

I wouldn't mind if this was a small Indy game :/ but it's taking the piss a little bit.

Been playing several hours and the last server I was one I started having the random green flashes also. I'm using a GTX460 with all setting high at 1080p on latest nvidia drivers.

I get random flashes of green. Anyone else getting that? ATI 6950 with latest catalyst.

Got it a lot in Beta. Was running all on low, and at a lower res than native (on an nVidia card). If you're doing any of the same it might be worth going through the settings process-of-elimination-style to see which it is.

Hmn, so I click play... it passed the release check, now nothing happens.

Anyone seeing this?

Hmn, so I click play... it passed the release check, now nothing happens.

Anyone seeing this?

What do you mean nothing happens? It should bring up a progress bar, sit there for what seems like an eternity (on Korean proxy anyways, not necessary anymore), and then proceed to start up.

Anyone running into rubber band issues, the issue seems to be related to how many people are on the server. I've been playing 32 player rush and it's perfectly smooth. I've noticed what seem like some red flashes, but I think it's just glint from the sun.

What do you mean nothing happens? It should bring up a progress bar, sit there for what seems like an eternity (on Korean proxy anyways, not necessary anymore), and then proceed to start up.

Anyone running into rubber band issues, the issue seems to be related to how many people are on the server. I've been playing 32 player rush and it's perfectly smooth. I've noticed what seem like some red flashes, but I think it's just glint from the sun.

Yeah, it shows the release checker progress bar. It hits the 100%, goes away and nothing happens at this point. The game does not launch.

I'm not using a proxy.

Oh dammit. I was at school, and was going to buy it from CDKeysdiscount when I got home. Now the limited edition is out of stock.

Anyone know any other online place selling LE keys? fffff.

Got it a lot in Beta. Was running all on low, and at a lower res than native (on an nVidia card). If you're doing any of the same it might be worth going through the settings process-of-elimination-style to see which it is.

No he shouldn't

Dice should fix it, it's a problem

Finally got it started.

Hmn, SP runs at 40-50+ FPS on all Ultra (Shadows high and 4x AA) on my system.. Not bad.

Caspian border runs at 60+ at pretty much all ultra on my machine. Looks awesome too.

In case any of you encounter the same problem I had with not being able to fire in the Campaign, just unplug your joystick.

I played last night with no issues, this morning I read about how there is a 48mb patch...

I force a "repair" so it downloads it. then I can't get the game to run at all....

redownloading 11gb @ 0.5mb/s lol... great.

dunno what happened between last night and this morning but everytime i try to join a server i get kicked by administrator.

i've uninstalled punkbuster and reinstalled it still giving me issues. any ideas?

least in SP, I am still seeing a lot of the bugs that were in the beta, graphi tearing, weird body movements from enemies, enemies launching into the air at mach 10..

Considering publishers are still subservient to the retailers for the majority of their sales, Gamestop doesn't have anything to lose by breaking street-release date. If the DD platforms release early, the retailers cry rape and threaten to stop stocking games.

How would we know the difference? I mean all I've seen in Gamestop for the PC lately is WoW anyways.

Can someone upload unlocked .exe from BF3 to rapidshare or megaupload to help European guys play the game? We have to wait till 27th for some reason and all we need is unlocked exe to play, i am NOT talking about crack, just original unlocked exe

Slow? Lol, it runs like any other webpage under ie9 nice and snappy.QUOTE=chaikovski2002;1037929213]battlelog is sooo fuking slow omfg[/QUOTE]

Back