Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

That means a LOT of pre-order cancellations on the east coast.

Anyone else get the feeling that launch time is going to be a lag/bug fest? :D

That means a LOT of pre-order cancellations on the east coast.

Anyone else get the feeling that launch time is going to be a lag/bug fest? :D

Better than black ops where I could start playing at 11AM when it was supposed to be a midnight release.

And damn is it gonna take me long to get to rank 145...at least it makes sense now. Not like in BFBC2 where at rank 21 or something I had every gun unlocked.

Some interesting nuggets in there. The day one patch is already included in the pre-load. Nice work, DICE.

Lvl 145 cap means we'll be seeing players hit that pretty early considering how high people got in the beta.

How high did they get? I saw some people with a couple of stars, only one max was some hacker with a k/d of 1 million. Its going to keep taking more and more to level up. So level 144 to 145 could be as much as it was to get from 1 to 144 ;)

How high did they get? I saw some people with a couple of stars, only one max was some hacker with a k/d of 1 million. Its going to keep taking more and more to level up. So level 144 to 145 could be as much as it was to get from 1 to 144 ;)

I saw many players in the 40s the last day of the beta. That's only after two weeks of playing. :eek:

Of course there is all those ribbons and awards. DICE keeps saying that it's incredibly challenging to get everything.

I saw many players in the 40s the last day of the beta. That's only after two weeks of playing. :eek:

Of course there is all those ribbons and awards. DICE keeps saying that it's incredibly challenging to get everything.

Wouldn't be surprised if many of them hacked it partially. A lot of the people I saw had maybe 2 or 3 stars, one had 5 and he was consistently middle or bottom, never top. So it could be people playing every hour of those 2 weeks which is....336 hours.

i saw someone at level 79 towards the end of the beta, more than likely hacked to get there.

hopefully theyve tweaked the ranking system so theyre not handing out points for free.

i'm sure they will. iirc the BC2 beta had all the points rewarded as double, so instead of the typical 50 points per kill you'd get 100 points during the beta.

Is there a manual for the game out? I've preordered it and preloaded it and shizznit. Just want some reading material. Not sure if I should stay up till 12 monday night so I can play.. Or just sleep and wake up and play tuesday..

Some interesting nuggets in there. The day one patch is already included in the pre-load. Nice work, DICE.

Lvl 145 cap means we'll be seeing players hit that pretty early considering how high people got in the beta.

The beta leveling was significantly sped up.

So peoples from China, Philippines and others around will play 16 hours before us in East coast ...... I guess China have the most pre-order , nice way to say thanks to us DICE.

So peoples from China, Philippines and others around will play 16 hours before us in East coast ...... I guess China have the most pre-order , nice way to say thanks to us DICE.

What? It will unlock all at the same time. Midnight Pacific Time. 3 AM Eastern Time.

What? It will unlock all at the same time. Midnight Pacific Time. 3 AM Eastern Time.

no , look China, Korea, Philippines will have it at 12:01 of their time, and us at 12:01 of Pacific tim, so 16 hours later ...very nice Australia will have it on the 27th and UK on the 28th.... so the one who will purchase more of their game will have it later

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Korea Standard Time (GMT +9)

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)

might be console only.

Yea, it's console, but it's not much different on PC.

PC has an extra flag or two in the same playable space, but with 40 extra players. It's gonna be a clusterfuck.

Our only hope for real Conquest is with Back to Karkand.

PC has an extra flag or two in the same playable space, but with 40 extra players. It's gonna be a clusterfuck.

do you not understand the difference between CONQUEST and CONQUEST 64? Different game modes and different maps entirely... wait you know what fuck it just cancel your preorder, we're better off without you.

I smell a fake pre-order cancel coming!! :mad:

I'm cancelling my preorder and putting my PC into the microwave because DICE won't personally blow me.

These maps look fucking terrible. 3 flags in a straight line. Bad Company all over again.

New level designers please.

People were saying this about Caspian Border when that first trailer came out. I don't think you can tell how good the map is from these videos.

A 64 man map is huge. The Caspian map was about right for 64. I prefer 32 or 24 for pubs. For the most part, playing this game in a match, scrim or pug is where it is at. With people on mumble, vent, and ts coordinating and having a blast.

Going to take Wednesday off I think. Call it BF3 day and just play.

Has anyone found battlelog for their mobile device yet? Have an I Phone 4, curious if it's in the app store or what.

I have a GTX 480 it's about the same thing as a microwave. We can just put all your parts in my pc and nuke them :D

no , look China, Korea, Philippines will have it at 12:01 of their time, and us at 12:01 of Pacific tim, so 16 hours later ...very nice Australia will have it on the 27th and UK on the 28th.... so the one who will purchase more of their game will have it later

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Korea Standard Time (GMT +9)

Tuesday, October 25th, 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7)

It's not about who purchases who and when people get it. This is standard release times.

You know there are 5 flags on the PC version right?

do you not understand the difference between CONQUEST and CONQUEST 64?

Yea, I do. Hence the part of my post where I said PC has an extra flag or two in the same playable space.

That's what the difference is between CQ and CQ64.

This is Caspian Border on CQ64:

2gspf1x.jpg

This is Caspian Border on CQ:

30vjbt2.jpg

Different game modes and different maps entirely

See above to see how wrong you are.

Back