Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Cancel your pre-orders. Battlelog is the only method of squad management. You will use "Find squad" and "leave squad" as the only in game options.

DICE really fucked us hard on this one. No commander, no teamwork integration, no squad leader importance, no in game squad management.

the word BETA is lost on you yes? although it could be true, i would get confirmation on the feature from the developer before I went around spreading that

zh1nt0 has been giving us false and wrong information all along.

Anyone have problems to make diference in reagrd of recognizing enemys? its really hard to tell if its alies or enemys.. :(

BC2 did have some kind of color blind friendly setting if I recall...I'm pretty sure because I used it. I hope they have it for this, too.

Guys I'm hearing and reading the BF3 server files got leaked and Caspian servers are randomly popping up....

Anyone have problems to make diference in reagrd of recognizing enemys? its really hard to tell if its alies or enemys.. :(

Allies have a little green arrow on their head. Although, I will admit that there have been times where the arrow did not show up quickly enough and I ended up shooting a teammate. So yeah, they should look a little more different in the model/texture.

There seems to be a bug where the weapon refuses to zoom in. End up having to fire from the hip. I'm done with Metro, must rank as one of the worst BF maps of all time

There seems to be a bug where the weapon refuses to zoom in. End up having to fire from the hip.

I've had this happen and the weapon models also disappear. I can switch weapons, but nothing shows on the screen except a different crosshair. I've only seen it fixed by respawning.

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1

(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/view/2826551895458193965/

the word BETA is lost on you yes? although it could be true, i would get confirmation on the feature from the developer before I went around spreading that

You're kidding right? This is a feature which has been confirmed for final release by the BF3 community manager. WHAT THE FUCK does it have to do with Beta? Grow up.

Telling another member to grow up is considered an insult/personal attack, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried loading this up on my friend's PC (uses a GTX 280 and an i7 920) and the mouse movement is extremely jittery. I tried another mouse and it still was jittery. That made it really hard to play. Framerate doesn't dip below 30fps. It's really aggravating!

I had the same problem on my GTX260. Revert back to the regular Nvidia drivers and you will be smooth as butter. You will get warning when launching the game stating you can't play until you update to the beta drivers but just hit OK and it will launch the game anyway.

After doing this my mouse jitterness was non-existent.

It can be tricky, especially in low light like the subway tunnels. Outside just look for the uniform color difference, US is lighter than the "whoever the bad guys are supposed to be".

Anyone else notice all of the conquest servers up? Can anyone join them and play? I can join, but my screen stays black...

Guys, I want to play BF3 without major investment into my current PC:
CPU: E6750 overclocked to 3.2
RAM: 4GB RAM
Video: Radeon 5870 1GB
Resolution: 1920x1200

I played BF3 Beta on it and it can play on High settings but not very smoothly. So, I switched to 1600x1080 and Low settings. Everything is pretty smooth but still not good enought.

I was wondering if I upgradet to Q9450 (overclock to 3.2 Gzh) for about 170USD will my system be able to run BF3 with Medium to High settings with decent framerates?

Anyone else notice all of the conquest servers up? Can anyone join them and play? I can join, but my screen stays black...

I see a bunch of TDM servers with 70-128 player limits titled "your_mom_is_a_whore." Saw like a dozen of them. lol

bf3momwhore.png

Wow, I am in a conquest server right now, truly a different game than 32 player Op. Metro. This is the bf3 I was hoping for.

I don't think there is HUD functionality though, and you have to click on where the deploy button would be on the black screen to spawn lol, everything is black until then.

I played BF3 Beta on it and it can play on High settings but not very smoothly. So, I switched to 1600x1080 and Low settings. Everything is pretty smooth but still not good enought.

I was wondering if I upgradet to Q9450 (overclock to 3.2 Gzh) for about 170USD will my system be able to run BF3 with Medium to High settings with decent framerates?

A Q9450 should hit well above 3.2GHz. My Q6600 @ 3.2GHz runs the game pretty consistently between 40-50fps.

I really hate it too (prone), I wanted so much to like this game, and arguably built the pc I have for it, but damn this is just not fun as is, even for the brief moments it worked properly. Maybe some new maps will change my mind along with optimizations, but as is I don't see how anyone enjoys this right now.

I'm kinda at this stage right now, I LOVED BC2 and played the hell out of it but I just spend the entire time dying the second I spawn at the beginning from 800 snipers and it's really not all that fun. Once I get into the metro I do better but I still feel like there's a massive skill dichotomy between people who play this game constantly and are level 38 and they're just repeatedly rape me.

tl;dr - I really want to like this game but half the people are just epic at it and I'm too used to hardcore.

EDIT: Also, who thought it was a good idea to make it so you can't use the settings menu when you're dead? Cause seriously, fuck that guy.

Buy another 5870 and you can play it at max FPS, this game hardly uses any CPU or ram... it just wants more graphics cards.

almalino, the rig in my sig runs 1680x1050 @ 40-60ish FPS with nearly everything Ultra. 0xAA 8x AF HABO off and Medium AA post (gets rid of 99% of jaggies).

Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz - 3GB DDR2-800 - GTX460 800/1600/2000

With these settings......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I get this performance.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

45-95fps with no issues except sometimes zoom/aim won't work after I reload, no biggie :)

GTX 460, same clock as the above, Phenom X4 940#3.0 (stock) and 8gb of ddr2 and I'm running these settings at 30-45 fps. Smooth enough for me and damn it looks good. I've never really noticed any dips below 30 either.

bf3.jpg

Does anyone know if this horrible web browser system is going to carry over to the final game? Origin sucks so hard.

I was just in a user ran Caspian Border map, but it shut down after about 3 min.

just got done playing a round of conquest with 60 players on Operation Metro. a little hectic but fun.

bf32011-10-0113-20-37-89.jpg

bf32011-10-0113-21-36-08.jpg

bf32011-10-0113-22-39-92.jpg

I just played a few minutes of conquest on Metro before the server shut down. It was so much more fun than rush on the same map. Rush mode on Metro is garbage.

Back