Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

That's odd... I use the same name here "CaptNumbNutz" as I do in Origin and other Battlefield games. They have never had a problem with it, and it too has "nut" in it. If it is the name filter, then it could be that some other flagged word is created when you spell out your entire nickname.

You might try to log into your EA account and locate your other soldier names from previous battlefield games and set that soldier name as your default profile.

ill look into that. im trying to use T_Nutricula. every variant of that is valid, just as long as the N isnt in there.

You might try to log into your EA account and locate your other soldier names from previous battlefield games and set that soldier name as your default profile.

Can you elaborate on how this is accomplished? I found my old Battlefield name on my About Me page under Other Identities, but I don't see any way to make it the default.

Can you elaborate on how this is accomplished? I found my old Battlefield name on my About Me page under Other Identities, but I don't see any way to make it the default.

where are you seeing an About Me and Other Identities page? im looking at my profile and i see neither of those.

well, I'm pretty much done. Unless they release a full sized conquest map during the beta I won't be buying. It is just too much like BC2 and should have been called BC3 and just NOT called it BF3...

Yet another amazing series of games brought down to the level of shit.

well, I'm pretty much done. Unless they release a full sized conquest map during the beta I won't be buying. It is just too much like BC2 and should have been called BC3 and just NOT called it BF3...

Yet another amazing series of games brought down to the level of shit.

This plays nothing like BC2.

This plays nothing like BC2.

it plays totally like BC2 with the addition of prone, the jumping thing and few other minor things. Maybe it is just the rush/INF map but it is the same damn game.

this is why I would like to see the full size conquest map in action. not going to happen I bet.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I can't stand how those flashlights can blind you in the open daylight. I dislike them in the subway, but I figure I'll eventually know where to shoot relative to the light, and it will help a lot. I just don't want to see them be effective outside of night maps and dark indoor areas.

I'm not sure how it is on the higher end weapons, but I was actually really surprised by the amount of recoil on the early ones. The muzzle climb on the AK74 or whatever, with a heavy barrel, even on the second shot is huge.

I'm also friggen frustrated right now because I can't add a friend to my battlelog friends list or whatever. I can add one friend to both origin and battlelog, but the other I can only add to origin, and importing him from origin to battlelog doesn't work. He also can't get into any games for some reason because when he connects it says "finished with errors" or something, but we can't figure it out. Either way, I hate how you need to add friends from origin to battlelog.

I HATE PRONE! Not putting it in BC2 was one of the best decisions Dice ever made.

Note: I've been playing BF games since 1942.

I agree, I would rather see the ability to lean over the ability to go prone.

it plays totally like BC2 with the addition of prone, the jumping thing and few other minor things. Maybe it is just the rush/INF map but it is the same damn game.

this is why I would like to see the full size conquest map in action. not going to happen I bet.

Well how different were you wanting the game to be? By that exact same token I can easily say that Bad Company 2 Conquest and BF1942 played similarly. Operation Metro on Rush is NOT a good map, and very few people will probably even play it when the game is released, so I wouldn't base much on one rush map.

Anyway, I've solved the issue by switching from the M16 to either sniper rifle with the scope removed. They're deadly as hell and I never have any problems with a guy not dropping now. Two to three shots drops them everytime, just have to be extremely accurate which isn't a problem for me.

you're a damn genius. i hadn't tried the sniper rifle with iron sights...lethal.

haha Someone didn't get to play Caspian Border.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I can't stand how those flashlights can blind you in the open daylight. I dislike them in the subway, but I figure I'll eventually know where to shoot relative to the light, and it will help a lot. I just don't want to see them be effective outside of night maps and dark indoor areas.

I'm not sure how it is on the higher end weapons, but I was actually really surprised by the amount of recoil on the early ones. The muzzle climb on the AK74 or whatever, with a heavy barrel, even on the second shot is huge.

I'm also friggen frustrated right now because I can't add a friend to my battlelog friends list or whatever. I can add one friend to both origin and battlelog, but the other I can only add to origin, and importing him from origin to battlelog doesn't work. He also can't get into any games for some reason because when he connects it says "finished with errors" or something, but we can't figure it out. Either way, I hate how you need to add friends from origin to battlelog.

No flashlights will be this games "limited recon." They are horrible.

I played a few more rounds and after getting used to it, I think I like it better than BC2 (assuming they fix all the bugs and all the UI issues). The keybindings just suck, and I think this will be much better with my Belkin n52te. Once I got a heavy barrel and a forward grip I was lighting shit up.

I just got done playing about an hours worth of the beta , and I was getting smacked around like a red headed step child....I really need to up my game...:mad:

I thought the description implies that heavy barrel increases the muzzle climb? It just makes the initial shot more accurate.

a videocard comparison over at pcgameshardware:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...cards-SLI-und-Crossfire-benchmarked/Practice/

benchmarkn.png

lawl. I'm still running a 8800gtx. I'm below the scale.

I just got done playing about an hours worth of the beta , and I was getting smacked around like a red headed step child....I really need to up my game...:mad:

Prone is the new crouch. Crouch is strictly for walls and defending the MCom's. Run, run, run everywhere else. Hope your squad drops helpful items like health packs and ammo and you're golden.

:)

Not sure if I should xfire for this game or just wait it out until we see some new cards. Argh!

I just played against someone level 45...

Has anyone used the 11.10 catalyst drivers?

lawl. I'm still running a 8800gtx. I'm below the scale.

I'm playing with an 8800M GTX. Gotta run all low, and 1680x1050 or below, but it's playable most of the time!

Really hoping I can get together the cash to build a new home system, though. I'm excited to be playing and on low settings it still looks decent, but I know it can look so much better!

The shitty thing is I can't afford to budget 250 for a video card, so I'll still be behind the curve with whatever I get. I don't know, we'll see what happens.

you're a damn genius. i hadn't tried the sniper rifle with iron sights...lethal.

Wait till you unlock the Reflex sight for the MK11 and especially the PKA-S Holographic sight for the SVD. I've always been a huge fan of powerful semi-automatic weapons in games like this and I've got to say, the SVD with the PKA-S Holo is probably my favorite yet.

I don't have time for the beta, but I heard some people had problems with Firefox 7, anybody had these issues?

Nope, working fine with 7 and with the beta of 8 (seriously mozilla just go back to v 5.1, 5.2, etc).

Back