Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I honestly thought you guys were being a bit harsh on the game before I tried it. Here's my issues so far:

1. Run the game initially and no graphics problems but get an error msg when starting about using the wrong drivers, dl the newest nvidia beta drivers and get triangle glitches....

2. The falling through the floor crap on metro

3. don't like metro it's lame and doesn't seem well designed

4. finally got into a caspian server (why again do we have to use a password) and the map looked like fun but it was a total lag fest

5. I really want to like this game but how this became an open beta build is beyond comprehension... and I wish they would just use the udk engine.

Haven't even got in (downloading the proper drivers for my card) but noticed one major thing that irks me. This stupid browser setup!!! WTF!!! I'm sure I'm the last to know but why is my server browser in my web browser and not in game?.IThis is crazy and not in a good way! Is this going to be the defacto way to launch the game?Also I'm only seeing like 3 US servers? Most are in Europe!

How can you guys even get on and play? I am only seeing 100 servers and they are all full...

I wish the destruction was physX based and not havoc so I could off load some of the stuff to my second gpu instead of the cpu. Let my gpu focus on the pretty graphics.

How can you guys even get on and play? I am only seeing 100 servers and they are all full...
set your filter to show server that have 5 or more free spots. Even if you join a server with 2 people, 1min later the server will be full. As for caspian spam like there is no tomorrow lol (though thats is probably why the servers are so lagged for that map).

I could play Caspian for weeks straight. Every time I get into one of the servers I'm in there for 5 plus hours.

Anyone know how to change the bind for right click - zoom in? I'm tired of it not sticking like it does in every other battlefield game.

Anyone know how to change the bind for right click - zoom in? I'm tired of it not sticking like it does in every other battlefield game.

You can toggle it in the options to stick or not. Default is not to stick.

Anyone with an i7 notice that it does not fully use all of the cores? Also surround gaming runs like shit right now. :mad:

Ya eyefinity with 2x 6950 2gb isn't too great. Hopefully some patching and driver updates come out! I can like it without eyefinity, but I'll twitch.

It was previously mentioned briefly, but what do you guys think about EA's decision to stick all the game management into a browser? Personally, I'm not a fan at all. It's rather annoying to constantly be going in and out of full screen, and requiring additional browser plugins doesn't really make sense (although I can see why from a technical standpoint). I also really hope EA gives users a chance to contribute honest feedback once the beta is over, at which point hopefully they'll realize how polished Steam is and decide to move past the DLC licensing crap and put the game back on that platform.

Gameplay wise it's pretty slick, but I haven't managed to get into Caspian yet. Where are those passwords posted?

The password for the CASPIAN servers is

shoppingcartsareagoodride

There is a thread on dice forums that people post the password in. That is where I get them from.

The I3D amsterdamn server uses its own password so it will never work there and this one changes every 24 hours FYI

It was previously mentioned briefly, but what do you guys think about EA's decision to stick all the game management into a browser? Personally, I'm not a fan at all. It's rather annoying to constantly be going in and out of full screen, and requiring additional browser plugins doesn't really make sense (although I can see why from a technical standpoint). I also really hope EA gives users a chance to contribute honest feedback once the beta is over, at which point hopefully they'll realize how polished Steam is and decide to move past the DLC licensing crap and put the game back on that platform.

Gameplay wise it's pretty slick, but I haven't managed to get into Caspian yet. Where are those passwords posted?

The switching to full screen is not a big deal though... it's switching to full screen... that's alI, and I actually like battlelog a lot. The social features makes it easy to get a clan up and going and add friends quickly. The switching to full screen is not a big deal though... it's switching to full screen... that's all. All anyone has to do is join a platoon and go to members and spam away request. That's what I just did. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2826550451855458695/listmembers/ They need to do a league deal when the retail comes out though.

I'm not a big fan of how overly bright everything outside is - looks a lot like Dead Island.

Oh, and hold to zoom (instead of toggle) gets old in a hurry, especially as recon.

if you set the game to fullscreen = yes in the options when you join the game it will auto full screen when you click open game or whatever the dialog is.

change to toggle ?

I'm not a big fan of how overly bright everything outside is - looks a lot like Dead Island.

Oh, and hold to zoom (instead of toggle) gets old in a hurry, especially as recon.

Caspian Border is where its at ladies! Metro blows...This is what the BF2 fans have been waiting for. 2560x1600 Ultra 16xaa

bf32011-09-3000-00-12-44.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-47-45-08.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-40-31-13.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-35-18-73.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-56-18-68.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-49-31-33.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-48-03-30.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-43-57-78.jpg

bf32011-09-2923-08-45-11.jpg

bf32011-09-3000-02-15-26.jpg

.. My wife is gonna hate when this game comes out...

Shes already complaining about me playing so much now.. ahah

Congrats DICE/ (dont want to say it)EA too... Even with all the bugs, glitches, and other "WTF?" moments you have stolen ALOT of my spare time just in these past 2 days..

Looking forward to many more when it goes Gold..

I hope the people who have played Caspain Border and said that this is the real Battlefield 3 are correct, because Metro is just, meh. It's almost as if they chose Metro to demo in hopes of getting the attention of the Call of Duty crowd.

The decision to make Origin necessary to play was not that big of a deal breaker for me, but the web browser based UI for connecting to a server and viewing your player stats is not very appealing. Not to mention the only way I have found to fix option settings is while you are actually spawned into a map and if you get killed it resets all your options. I'm positive this will be fixed prior to the actual release, but I also hope they redo the web browser UI.

I hope the people who have played Caspain Border and said that this is the real Battlefield 3 are correct, because Metro is just, meh. It's almost as if they chose Metro to demo in hopes of getting the attention of the Call of Duty crowd.

The decision to make Origin necessary to play was not that big of a deal breaker for me, but the web browser based UI for connecting to a server and viewing your player stats is not very appealing. Not to mention the only way I have found to fix option settings is while you are actually spawned into a map and if you get killed it resets all your options. I'm positive this will be fixed prior to the actual release, but I also hope they redo the web browser UI.
It's night and day. Caspian is just that badass. I even played on a lagged to shit server for an hour just to play that map. Couldn't hit shit because the lag was so bad and never had more fun.

if your still getting the CTD's in metro..its the server..Dont play on the Multiplay Servers..they are pretty much the only servers that are crashing.

I hope the people who have played Caspain Border and said that this is the real Battlefield 3 are correct, because Metro is just, meh.

I don't know how much you value the opinions on [H] but I can certainly say I was 50/50 on cancelling my pre-order before I played Caspian. I'm with you, Rush on Metro is just meh. I have never liked Rush anyway, but once I played Caspian, it was almost like the aw of the initial BF2 experience was back. My adrenaline was pumping, my senses were overloaded and I couldn't spawn fast enough to get the rush all over again. I can say for certain now, even with the impending buggy release (I assume), that I have made a good purchase decision. I can't wait for more conquest maps like Caspian!!

It's night and day. Caspian is just that badass. I even played on a lagged to shit server for an hour just to play that map. Couldn't hit shit because the lag was so bad and never had more fun.

Gotta agree with this, metro was ok imo, but Caspian is mind blowing fun.

The M249 SAW makes a HUGE difference. That machine gun you start out with is like a nerf gun compared to the SAW, I have been mowing people down with it.

Who would've thought a 32 player rush map with limited vehicles would play closer to BC2 rush and a 64 player conquest map with full vehicles would play closer to BF2 conquest. :rolleyes:

Back