Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Thats not my case cause BF3 is regularly using 3 to 3.51 GB on caspia border and kharg island on my pc .

My rig at idle uses 1.5GB.. so with BF3 in motion I'm regularly over 5GB. This is a dedicated gaming rig with just some monitoring gauges, battlelog and AVG running in the background. Don't know what to tell you just over 5GB used in BF3 all the time.

My rig at idle uses 1.5GB.. so with BF3 in motion I'm regularly over 5GB. This is a dedicated gaming rig with just some monitoring gauges, battlelog and AVG running in the background. Don't know what to tell you just over 5GB used in BF3 all the time.

My machine uses right around 5GB when playing BF3 as well.

Any advice on how to win 5 SQDM rounds? I've been playing quite a lot lately yet I always seem to get on the worst team - no kidding. Out of all the rounds I've played I have only been in one where our squad won.

add me and I'll help you win :)

yeah mobile AA is totally worthless after this patch. infantry laughs at the cannon and the rockets blow up behind a jet without hitting it. I see them sitting unused 90% of the time...

yeah mobile AA is totally worthless after this patch. infantry laughs at the cannon and the rockets blow up behind a jet without hitting it. I see them sitting unused 90% of the time...

mobile AA is one of the best multirole units...it's just kind of crap against air now because the range is so tiny. You have to provide close up air support rather than sit back at the base, and you have to go more for helicopters than jets, as jets can just stay out of range the whole time. But if a jet is fighting other jets you can support them and missile locking on to them with make them use up flares etc so jets can shoot them down with working missles. Strangely the air defense turrets seem to have the same range (the one on canals can still shoot targets at the A and B points from the carrier). The cannon is still the best way to take down anything, lead the shots and you can take down anything in the sky with around 1.5 salvos.

With belt speed boost you can take out tanks pretty easily with enough room as you are faster and more manoverable. Just flank them quickly firing at their sides and you can take them out. As you aren't very heavily armored just keep moving the whole time. You can take 1 or 2 hits fine. Same with infanty, you can sit a bit back from the action and lay down loads of gunfire at them. With IR sights you can pick out snipers and javeliners who just stand around on buildings. Though solo runs on things aren't really going to work, hit and run does.

^^^ that.

they are def not totally worthless. the cannons were always the way to go for shooting down airpower anyways

Speaking of AA. I hit a chopper with an rpg at 200+ yards lol.

It flew by me in a straight line, smoking bad. I fired a rpg just to the right and a little above of it. It flew out of sight and then I saw an explosion and got the kill confirm. lol

Even the pilot gave me props on that one.

You two are talking about 2 different things. You are talking about how much RAM the entire system uses, he is talking about how much just BF3 uses. You are both right.

One weird thing ive noticed about shooting down helicopters and stuff since the patch is that as well as the enemy killed points, i'll get "roadkill" bonuses too...

One weird thing ive noticed about shooting down helicopters and stuff since the patch is that as well as the enemy killed points, i'll get "roadkill" bonuses too...

Yeah I've had that happen quite a few times, before the patch. I assume it has to do with someone trying to bail out and the helicopter(or perhaps its wreckage) hitting them and killing them after they do.

One way you can keep the enemy jets out of the sky is if you've got a friend, have him hop in a jet and you go park the AA somewhere relatively safe. Tell your friend to fly over you, and fly low, any time he gets an enemy jet on his tail and you'll easily tear them apart every time. In my experience when a jet is chasing another jet, they don't pay attention to much else, so you'll likely be able to kill the same pilots many times without them wising up to the game.

Yeah I've had that happen quite a few times, before the patch. I assume it has to do with someone trying to bail out and the helicopter(or perhaps its wreckage) hitting them and killing them after they do.

That's what I was thinking too.

You two are talking about 2 different things. You are talking about how much RAM the entire system uses, he is talking about how much just BF3 uses. You are both right.

BF3 lags (stutters) when I play it on high or ultra settings, but when I set everything on high or ultra except for the texture quality which I set it on medium, the game stops lagging.

P.S.: I always restart the game for applying the texture quality.

Gulf of Oman at City flag. That shot was a highlight but I had 2 other incredible action sequences on that same round. Epic fun.

Ha. Nah, I ask about Sharqi because earlier in the week I was a gunner for a new heli pilot in a round on that map. The newbie flew straight and slow so we were hit and killed by a SMAW

Gulf of Oman at City flag. That shot was a highlight but I had 2 other incredible action sequences on that same round. Epic fun.

Ha. Nah, I ask about Sharqi because earlier in the week I was a gunner for a new heli pilot in a round on that map. The newbie flew straight and slow so we were hit and killed by a SMAW.

Which reminds me to just stay on the ground. Staying in the air is just too dangerous. :)

I shot a jet down with an Abrams yesterday. I always take a shot at them on the off-chance that it'll hit but yesterday I actually got one. Like a baws.

it's easy to hit with the tungsten round but it's damn near impossible to hit with regular tank round, but I think Id di once with ridiculous lag compensation lol

Saw this posted over on the Steam forums. Apparently patch is rolling out now....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4624989530477/

Changelist
* Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
* Tweaked tank armor strength
* MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
* RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
* A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
* RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
* RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset

Saw this posted over on the Steam forums. Apparently patch is rolling out now....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4624989530477/

Changelist
* Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
* Tweaked tank armor strength
* RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
* A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
* RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
* RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

^^ Ehh yea I know but it was fun ROFLPWNING just like the good ol' BF2 days from so far out of range of anything. :(

How do they put out a patch for this and not even address the m26 Dart h4x0rs? :p

I shot a jet down with an Abrams yesterday. I always take a shot at them on the off-chance that it'll hit but yesterday I actually got one. Like a baws.

During their silly strafing runs canister shells from close range can usually 1 shot one. This is also a good tactic with those annoying little helicopters. If it's a newer pilot who doesn't move much you cn kind of use the canister as a targetter for the main shell. :D

During their silly strafing runs canister shells from close range can usually 1 shot one. This is also a good tactic with those annoying little helicopters. If it's a newer pilot who doesn't move much you cn kind of use the canister as a targetter for the main shell. :D

Very doable since they reduced the maneuverability of the little birds. No idea why they did this...you can easily get killed as a pilot by just about anyone taking potshots at you from the ground now. :mad:

This is so annoying that they leave this out of the patch. Its obviously borked, and people are abusing it so much. These people, and tac light users are so annoying. They spent so many hours recording live gunfire to get realistic sounds, yet have a tac light that blinds you in the middle of the day. Its idiotic and aggravates me to no end.

People who use such exploits are poges.

This is so annoying that they leave this out of the patch. Its obviously borked, and people are abusing it so much. These people, and tac light users are so annoying. They spent so many hours recording live gunfire to get realistic sounds, yet have a tac light that blinds you in the middle of the day. Its idiotic and aggravates me to no end.

People who use such exploits are poges.

I played on a server yesterday, and they were kicking people who were using the M320 (which while I agree is abused, it is at least being used as designed - it is an anti-personnel weapon after all) but meanwhile half the team was exploiting the M26 DART.

How does something like that slip through testing?

I had fun driving the f35 around like a jeep on gulf of oman. Came around the corner on a road and clipped one guy who typed, "when I saw a plane coming up that road I was so....confused.."

lol

Last edited:
I haven't played in a week probably, but was noticing a lot of deaths from the M26 dart. I haven't played since and I am in no rush to return after I discovered the exploit.

^^ Ehh yea I know but it was fun ROFLPWNING just like the good ol' BF2 days from so far out of range of anything. :(

How do they put out a patch for this and not even address the m26 Dart h4x0rs? :p

The dart fix will probably come out in a later patch. It was like this week where people started noobing it with the dart. This patch was probably finalized before the dart problem became widespread.

Were snipers buffed again? Or just bolts? I've noticed more 1 shot kills in hardcore now(before upperbody was usually 2 shots for some reason)

I had fun driving the f35 around like a jeep on gulf of oman. Came around the corner on a road and clipped one guy who typed, "when I saw a plane coming up that road I was so....confused.."

lol

I've done that in the F18 and SU-35. I usually drive off from the airstrip and am usually surprised how far I get on the ground with my jet. I can usually get a few infantry kills and I have even been able to kill a few tanks. It can be lots of fun doing goofy things like that. :D

Wat? This is only if the player controller the MAV does it right? It would be troll if any teammate could disable a friendly MAV just by proning on it...

Wat? This is only if the player controller the MAV does it right? It would be troll if any teammate could disable a friendly MAV just by proning on it...

The MAV shouldn't be able to lift any human off the ground so I'd say yes, anyone prone on an MAV should disable it.

Could allow for some trolling but I doubt it'll be a widespread problem and it's better than having mav riding. I'm sure there's better fixes though, but apparently they can't figure them out.

lol

Haha that sounds like fun. I would've loved to see that.

Could allow for some trolling but I doubt it'll be a widespread problem and it's better than having mav riding. I'm sure there's better fixes though, but apparently they can't figure them out.

im sure they would team up to exploit the hell out of it

Back