Battlefield 2142, weird screen EMP?

MavsX

[H]ard|Gawd
Battlefield 2142, this is a screen shot of the game, is this normal? The screen is all funky, it only happens when a EMP is detonated. The text is fine, and the maps are fine

Also, anyone notice a refresh bar, it goes from the top down to the bottom, it only happens when i am on the back of a vehicle going pretty fast.

here are some screen shots..not sure which one you want..(hope these work)

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nkup2xv0. png

or

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8...funkup2xv0.png

It's normal... your helmet in the game is electronic so it is affected by the EMP.

meaning what? even the refresh bar? i never had that in BF2. I just didn't want to funk up my 24inch dell monitor

meaning what? even the refresh bar? i never had that in BF2. I just didn't want to funk up my 24inch dell monitor
nothing is wrong...nothing will go wrong...
it is just the emp strike, it is an air strike or an emp nade that jacks up with your shit. It is ingame.

i guess what i meant is you know on a CRT monitor..you can actually see the refresh bar, or if you watch the evening news, they often video tape someone on a computer, and through your tv, you can see a refresh bar scrolling from top to bottom...thats what im talking about..which is when it happens only when on a vehicle...

you still think thats part of the game? i doubt it.

my computer hardware should be enough to handle what is going on...thanks by the way for your input fellas

nah, the refresh thing im talking about is NOT when an EMP blast happens..it only happens when i am in a car..driving around..it does not matter if there are people around or gunfire....or anything..just driving on top of the car..like manning the machine gun..

Yeah. It's part of the game. It's like you're looking through a little TV camera or something.

The EMP effect is actually pretty effective.. I like it. Everything goes all to hell and I feel naked and helpless hahah.

I like the way they made it, I think what you are referring to is ht ingame effects, stop worrying about your stuff overheating and enjoy the game.

The EMP blast and the refresh bar is perfectly normal. It is part of the game. Although it's funny you're asking us these questions. :p

alright sounds good i guess. The reason i asked was i had no problems with BF2, and from what i understand they use the same engine for 2142, the EMP i can understand, because you can still see the maps and the text fine. The refresh never happened in BF2, so thats why i asked....thanks for your help.

In modern day settings, such as BF2, our technology has not reached the point where we see refresh lines on our monitors. Now, ahead in time to 2142 the technology has progressed so that we can see the refresh lines :D

Back