Battlefield 2042 live reveal today

Well, it's got 2nd-gen RT cores and 3rd-gen Tensor cores. However I don't know what the exact core-for-core performance uplift between generations. Nvidia claimed Ampere RT cores were "twice as fast" as Turing cores, dunno how that shakes out in realworld performance, haven't gone down that rabbit hole since I don't play anything with RT at the moment.
We have the benchmarks since release and it does show that ray tracing performance is nearly double. I think the exact number NVIDIA used was 1.78x faster, but I can't recall where I saw it.

Well, it's got 2nd-gen RT cores and 3rd-gen Tensor cores. However I don't know what the exact core-for-core performance uplift between generations. Nvidia claimed Ampere RT cores were "twice as fast" as Turing cores, dunno how that shakes out in realworld performance, haven't gone down that rabbit hole since I don't play anything with RT at the moment.
Right, but for everything 3070 and under, they lowered the amount of RT and Tensor cores. So with the improvements, they more or less equal performance of Turing cards. So, a 3070 isn't any better at RT, than a 2080ti.

You have to buy a 3080 or better, to actually get better RT performance.

Right, but for everything 3070 and under, they lowered the amount of RT and Tensor cores. So with the improvements, they more or less equal performance of Turing cards. So, a 3070 isn't any better at RT, than a 2080ti.

You have to buy a 3080 or better, to actually get better RT performance.
The last thing I would worry about in a high-paced fast action FPS shooter is ray tracing. 99% of the gamers won't have it even turned on.

Sure it would be nice to have it running with frames over 120+, but RT isn't needed when you are trying to shoot someone in the head.

The last thing I would worry about in a high-paced fast action FPS shooter is ray tracing. 99% of the gamers won't have it even turned on.

Sure it would be nice to have it running with frames over 120+, but RT isn't needed when you are trying to shoot someone in the head.

Not up front but if the game is good I'll be playing it many years later. I'll have better hardware then.

From today. Fired up BF4 for the first time in a while, but played it for a good 6-7 years frequently.

BF4 (2).jpgBF4 (1).jpg

Still looks good, and my modern GPU easily get 150+ frame rates all maxed out. I'm sure the same will be true even with ray tracing 3-4 years from now for this new game.

Not up front but if the game is good I'll be playing it many years later. I'll have better hardware then.

From today. Fired up BF4 for the first time in a while, but played it for a good 6-7 years frequently.

View attachment 366235View attachment 366236

Still looks good, and my modern GPU easily get 150+ frame rates all maxed out. I'm sure the same will be true even with ray tracing 3-4 years from now for this new game.
That's my thinking too. I'll probably only be playing at 4k60 for now rather than 4K120 so raytracing with dlss may be an option for me even at launch.

That's my thinking too. I'll probably only be playing at 4k60 for now rather than 4K120 so raytracing with dlss may be an option for me even at launch.
Now 4k120hz dlss quality with rt on may be possible. Just going to have to wait to see how taxing it is.

Besides it’s not like there will be any new gpu’s out by October.

Besides it’s not like there will be any new gpu’s available to buy at MSRP ever again.

Loved all BF games up until BF1 and V
really looking forward to 2042. Weapons mods are back....fuck skins, I want to be able to change sights etc.
Very happy about that
Jihad Jeeps....woooooo

Loved all BF games up until BF1 and V
really looking forward to 2042. Weapons mods are back....fuck skins, I want to be able to change sights etc.
Very happy about that
Jihad Jeeps....woooooo
I am more interested in the Wing Suits! I think it will be great to easily fly around now.....And that grappling gun? Yes please!

I'm turned off my the grappling hook. Took close to Titanfall which made my hands look like a bag of Fritos by the end of the day.

Back