Battlefield 2 Worth buying?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I am curious I dunno which to go with Quake 4 or BF2. BF2 looks okay sounds like it has a lot of bugs though. Looks a lot like Americas Army. Does it play like that too?

Well, both have alright multiplayer boughts. It's just a matter of whether you want to be a WW2 marine or a space marine again. *yawn* been there done that

steviep said:
Well, both have alright multiplayer boughts. It's just a matter of whether you want to be a WW2 marine or a space marine again. *yawn* been there done that

Well BF2 is modern technology, not WW2. I'm sure you know that though and just got it confused with BF1942. But I agree, neither of those two appear to offer anything new. You're mostly paying for more polygons over the previous ones. Not innovation.

Sorry, you're right. I did confuse it for the last BF war games. But it IS same ol same ol war.

I think BF2 would be a better choice but i have never played Quake...so i am a little biased but the MP in bf2 is really fun

I think it simply comes down to this:

Do you want a great SP experience or a great MP experience?

Quake 4 has a very good and lengthy SP mode, the MP is so so.

BF 2 is built for MP, although you CAN play the smaller map versions with bots offline if you want.

No its not worth it,wasted couple months playing that game.If you enjoy dealing with asshats,being teamkilled,or punished by all means play it. There are some bugs in that game that further prevent the game from being enjoyable like the name tag color bug. Yeah I uninstalled it and sold the game :rolleyes: It doesnt play anywhere close to America's Army,not as realistic either.

But if you're the type of person who likes to camp the airplanes and helis and fly around aimlessly around your teams base until you crash into a tree... then this is DEFINTLY the game for you! There's tons of people to meet that are just like you as well! Nothing better than a good ole' chat as you camp for the Cobra! :cool:

:rolleyes:

Buy BF2, you'll get a ton more replay value out of it, especially when the mods come out (soon?).

Quake 4 looks great, but it's future is quesitonable.

I'd prefer BF2 out of those two choices.

Either way though...I think the majority of us are just plain tired of the same ol' re-rendered shit being released year after year. I mean...really...where's the space combat sims? Decent flight Sims (not talking M$ flight either)? Like COD2...what the hell was the purpose of that??! It's pretty much EXACTLY the same as the original...just the graphics were bumped a couple notches...big deal.

FEAR was a nice change, but short. I personally liked the Need For Speed series...but it seems that EA has swept that to the wayside to push out more of the same ol' fps crap.

Battlefront II isn't that bad...at least you get some flight time in space with it, doesn't have the same ol' innacurate as hell ww2 weapons...and it is quite fun playing with a group of guys at a local lan. The single player isn't too bad either...you pretty much get to play through all 6 movies.

I will msot likely get flammed, but im over it, I spent my money on BF2 and IMO it was a huge waste of money. If you want to play BF2 then do not get on any of the pubs, because you will only get idiots, who run into you in a jeep and then punish you for TKing, or people on your own team who will kill you just so they can get the vehicle you want, or toss grenades at enemies which end up landing at your feet.

You will also most likely run into bugs such as random disconnects, and players on your own team apearing on screen with hostile tags which you will shoot and get a TK for.

I would opt for Quake 4, as It has a good SP line. It is much different then Doom 3, it is much mroe run and gun, has vehicles like a hover tanks, and a mech like the AT-ST from Star Wars. It has some nice scripted sequences and the strogg "medical facility" really has to be seen, to be believed.

I like BF2, the game is based on team work, so join up with a clan and win. its alot better when your playing with a full squad of 6 people, rather then playing by your self. i've been playing bf2 for a while now and im not bored of it. Special forces debuts this month and should be a pretty good add-on.Quake 4 just seems to boring and repetitive.no team work envolved just run and gun and go. sounds like so much fun. Bleh alot of people didnt like BF2 cause there comps can't support the game. quake 4 is just like doom 3. looks and feels the same.

I don't get why so many people complain about the "accidental tk/punish" situation. So what?! So you lose 4 points for getting punished for something you didn't do. This is the cause for you to hate BF2? ROFL I don't think that's BF2's fault. It's the dufus that can't understand the situation enough to not punish you. But even if you DO get punished... who cares?!?! What, you can't get 4 points back the rest of the round? Are you that concerned with points? Sure, the tk sucked, but the punish means NOTHING.

Bottom line... Get BF2 and have a freakin' blast. Get Quake 4 and have a freakin' blast. Get 'em both!

But like another poster said... BF2 for MP, Q4 for SP.

You've been punished for a bad post!

Havent played BF2, seems to me to be especially designed for MP.

Just finished my first run thru of Q4 SP.....visually exceptional, especially the Nexus!
A real nice and fun SP. Played a little MP last night and had a ball....fast and furious, just like QIII.....but you gotta like that to like Q4 MP.

I liked Q4 alot.......Im gonna get to BF2 after I go through FEAR again. :D

IMO BF2 is the best multiplayer shooter out there, ever. Quake4 is cool, but after the single player, I'm mostly done with it.

I haven't played Q4, but I really enjoy BF2. I've gotten the bug where player tags are the wrong color a couple of times, but that's really the only bug I've seen that hampered gameplay, and it only happened a couple of times. I've seen a lot of complaints about the game, but I thought the fun factor far outweighed any negatives.

a lot of people have trouble deciding what they want to buy.

I dont have that problem. Most of you have way better PCs then me ;/, ill get their eventually.

qbert3 said:
a lot of people have trouble deciding what they want to buy.

I dont have that problem. Most of you have way better PCs then me ;/, ill get their eventually.

The reason you don't have a better PC is 'cause you're buying every game on the market! ;)

I played 400 hours of BF2 so I definitely got my moneys worth...but read my sig also.

Personally I am waiting for another patch before I even try it again.

Coming from someone who owns both Q4 and BF2, I would go with BF2. It's just more fun to me I guess...the strategies involved, character advancement, etc.

Yeah deciding stinks. So I bought CoD2, FEAR, Quake4, and Serious Sam2 in the last few weeks! :p

Yah I know I posted already but.... BF2. Normally I pace myself through shooters. But if I find a myself tearing through one of these other games, I'm just going to let it happen. So I can get back to BF2. I like a lot of shooters, but for MP none of this stuff tops it. So with competitive spirit, I need to get back to BF2. Everything else, while fun as hell, is a fun as hell distraction! :)

As far as TK's/punishing and stuff, I agree with WhyYouLoveMe. I used to get upset, but then I thought... "do I play this to get points?" No, not really. Took me awhile to get the hang of the game, and I let my little cousin play a lot.... my stats may never be good. But who cares.
:confused:

NumbLock... I dunno man. Just let it go man. Life's too short!

texuspete00 said:
Yeah deciding stinks. So I bought CoD2, FEAR, Quake4, and Serious Sam2 in the last few weeks! :p

Yah I know I posted already but.... BF2. Normally I pace myself through shooters. But if I find a myself tearing through one of these other games, I'm just going to let it happen. So I can get back to BF2. I like a lot of shooters, but for MP none of this stuff tops it. So with competitive spirit, I need to get back to BF2. Everything else, while fun as hell, is a fun as hell distraction! :)

As far as TK's/punishing and stuff, I agree with WhyYouLoveMe. I used to get upset, but then I thought... "do I play this to get points?" No, not really. Took me awhile to get the hang of the game, and I let my little cousin play a lot.... my stats may never be good. But who cares.
:confused:

NumbLock... I dunno man. Just let it go man. Life's too short!

Amen, brutha. :) How's the Hard Military guys doing? You play with them anymore?

Well the reason I ask is because It seems like BF2 is sticking around the same price where as Q4 is dropping. So the deal I am looking at Either game + gamepad for around same price. So the more $ one would be the better deal but if It sucks then whats the point. Can any of you guys toss up some of your cool MP shots for both games?

Dude. There are screenies of BF2 all OVER the place. Just search the forum or google it.

for some reason BF2 multiplayer never worked for me and singler player wasnt all that hot.

bf2 was a waste of my money no where near as good as BF1942 (which i think is one of the greatest games of all time)

Ya, there are a few things that are enoying about BF2, but I still like to play it. I've had it since the day after the release date.

I personnaly dont understand the gripe about the "bugs in BF2" (preparing to be flamed right now). I have had the "wrong tag" bug a few times and I have been booted from servers a few times, thats it. The red tag bug is annoying, but it doesnt happen that frequently (to me), and I have never played a MP game that didnt disconnect me at least a few times. When it first came out it just sucked ass to play on ranked servers and there were some balance issues, but since 1.03, every gripe that I had (even blackhawk whores) has been fixed.

Quake 4 is a good single player game though. Its MP is really pretty dated and not much fun.

So in short BF2 for MP, Quake 4 for SP.

All Killer No Filler said:
I personnaly dont understand the gripe about the "bugs in BF2" (preparing to be flamed right now). I have had the "wrong tag" bug a few times and I have been booted from servers a few times, thats it. The red tag bug is annoying, but it doesnt happen that frequently (to me), and I have never played a MP game that didnt disconnect me at least a few times. When it first came out it just sucked ass to play on ranked servers and there were some balance issues, but since 1.03, every gripe that I had (even blackhawk whores) has been fixed.

Quake 4 is a good single player game though. Its MP is really pretty dated and not much fun.

So in short BF2 for MP, Quake 4 for SP.

QFT

P.S. I kinda miss BH whoring... lol (guilty as charged)
P.P.S. I really miss shooting down BH whores. (there just isn't as much BH action anymore...*sniff*)

snyper238 said:
ok so i have BF2 can u have bots in multiplayer

yes and no.

you can start a single player game, and others can join your IP address via multiplayer.

check out http://users.on.net/~codebasher/index.htm

I think there's a newer v4 out...but I didn't take time to look it up. one of my friends here has it. We play it occasionally and it is kinda fun. No fighting or getting the luck of the draw to get a helo or jet or something....although, the bots do fly and pilot the vehicles so occasionally they WILL steal it from you.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
I don't get why so many people complain about the "accidental tk/punish" situation. So what?! So you lose 4 points for getting punished for something you didn't do. This is the cause for you to hate BF2? ROFL I don't think that's BF2's fault. It's the dufus that can't understand the situation enough to not punish you. But even if you DO get punished... who cares?!?! What, you can't get 4 points back the rest of the round? Are you that concerned with points? Sure, the tk sucked, but the punish means NOTHING.

Bottom line... Get BF2 and have a freakin' blast. Get Quake 4 and have a freakin' blast. Get 'em both!

But like another poster said... BF2 for MP, Q4 for SP.

You've been punished for a bad post!

The only thing I hate is when your on a server that auto kicks after 3 tk's and you have a bunch of dorks who can't seem to see your mines. Oh well.

flapbreaker said:
The only thing I hate is when your on a server that auto kicks after 3 tk's and you have a bunch of dorks who can't seem to see your mines. Oh well.

But again I say... who cares!?! Like there isn't 2000 other servers you can join. :) It's just a game and I think too many people get worked up over what amounts to absolutely nothing. These things are mere inconveniences meant to be treated as such.

Anyway... back to BF2! :D

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I haven't played for a month, but all I remember it being was a huge buggy lag-fest.

What bugs are you talking about? Im not trying to be an asshole, I just dont have any problems with the game and I dont understand why it is called "buggy". I play it on 1280 x 960 with everything set to high and I never dip below 45-50 fps. Of all the most recent games I own, BF2 runs the best (even in multiplayer).

Now that I think about it though, sometimes 64 player servers are laggy, so I try to avoid them.

Ok, if you want the best MP game out right now... then yes, choose BF2. It's not dying anytime soon, and it's pretty damn fun. Just buy it already!

Luxor said:
But if you're the type of person who likes to camp the airplanes and helis and fly around aimlessly around your teams base until you crash into a tree... then this is DEFINTLY the game for you! There's tons of people to meet that are just like you as well! Nothing better than a good ole' chat as you camp for the Cobra! :cool:

:rolleyes:
Ahahahahahahahahaha.... roflmfao.
That's sigged. Definitely.
lolz0r

Back