Battlefield 2: what video options should I select?

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

Specs in my sig, nothing overclocked, latest drivers, I tried everything high @ 1024x768, but the game got very choppy at times.. it was generally smooth though, but choppy at times =/
thanx in advance.
also: how do I check fps?

You are unable to run high settings with your current hardware. I would change all your settings to medium and then make changes accordingly.

In order to run high settings I think you need 2GB of ram and a 6800 series card or higher.

really? I run hl2 on all high settings... I guess bf2 is a bit more demanding :eek:

elite.mafia said:
really? I run hl2 on all high settings... I guess bf2 is a bit more demanding :eek:
Yes BF2 is very ram demanding and you will need a top of the line video card to run high settings.

run at that resolution again...set eevrything on high except for texture to medium and see how it goes.

okay.
please, how do you show how many fps I'm getting? I find it very useful for finding settings...

renderer.drawfps 1

Try everything high except lighting, shadows, and dynamic lighting also.

can someone be so kind and explain what each settings does?

i'm confused on what geometry does, effects, etc.

dOes it matter how much fps ur getting hehe.... as long as it is playable to you :) I can run BF2 at 25 fps all day long and its smooth..

It's really if it gets choppy.. I don't care about fps, though some people do. *see: people with SLI 7800gtx, and 4 gigs of ram, fx55..*

OrionNT said:
Try everything high except lighting, shadows, and dynamic lighting also.

that works for me - 6800GT, 1 GB o' RAM, with and XP2800+ @ 2.3 Ghz... I have shadows and lighting at medium and everything else high and runs nice and smooth (purdy too). For a 6600GT I'd try some of the other settings to medium (it still looks good) and find what runs good on your system -

got it running good with those few things on medium, 4x AA, 1024x768 @ 85hz. Love this game.. Is it really neccesary to close background programs like virus scanners? Or is that just for people running minimum specs? Will my performance increase if I turn them off? I've never noticed a difference in the past, but in the past I didn't run quite as many things in my taskbar.

elite.mafia said:
got it running good with those few things on medium, 4x AA, 1024x768 @ 85hz. Love this game.. Is it really neccesary to close background programs like virus scanners? Or is that just for people running minimum specs? Will my performance increase if I turn them off? I've never noticed a difference in the past, but in the past I didn't run quite as many things in my taskbar.

Yeah, it should help to turn processes off. If you read the manual, you'll see that they tell you how to select them to turn off in the TaskManager.

I noticed that you have an audigy 2. Make sure you have your sound option set to hardware and not software.

I did that. I was like hmm... software... hardware... uhh audigy 2= hardware... EAX=software... I did hardware .

weird, it's a lot higher for me... like 1600x1200 i think.

um 1337 h@x0rs?
hmm.. no..
monitor? guessing not...
um, scroll down? no maybe not. I suck at tech support :p :p :p

Well, at least you are not having the "ATI" issue like me and plenty others are having, which is why I am sticking with the demo until ATI fixes it, and I play too many other games so I don't feel like taking steps backwards to replace 5.6 with 5.1 when we should be taking steps forward, but anyways for you NVIDIA owners here a thumb for your amusement.

Back