Battlefield 2 at full resolution on Dell 2405?

GodSpeed

Limp Gawd
No matter what I do I can't seem to get it working at native resolution, must be a bug in the game or something? Anyone have suggestions?

I just use the standard hack thing. I imagine with only 2xAA it wouldn't look as good if it wasn't working. The HUD is still messed but they say that's just the 2d overlay. Oh, and we're missing some of the bottom and top of our screen instead of a wider field of vision. Hey it works though, as in nice and crisp, not jagged.

How does it not work, looks weird? Crashes to desktop?

for one BF2 doesnt support widescreen resolutions. Whether or not EA will add them to a patch is unknown. There is a way that you can run the game in fake widescreen but it doesnt give you the normal field of vision like true widescreen. One way is to do this is to add to the target line on the bf2.exe. You right click and go to properties and there should be a box that says target. Add this to the end of the target code +szx 1920 +szy 1200 of course the numbers should be replaced by the resolution you want to run.

Mind you that this isnt real widescreen. Technically it just streches the image and it can lead to your field of vision to be different sometimes even making it smaller.

Im about to order a 2005fpw and the game I play the most is BF2. Should I just get a normal monitor if its not true widescreen or does it still look good? Do you think its likely that EA will add widescreen support in a patch?

I know that EA will not give a darn about little ol' me, but I refuse to buy games anymore that don't support widescreen. What a load of crap! They are the largest game company in the world, and widescreen is quickly becoming the norm in both Television and Computer monitors. EA Sports games are stretched to widescreen, thus I don't buy those on my xbox, and I won't buy BF2 for my PC. (I have a HP L2335, and a panasonic HDTV for TV)

I'm not sure why people are appending the szx and szy to the end of the command line to force the resolution change.

For all intents and purposes, it looks exactly the same as it does if I play in 1600x1200 and let the display scale it to fit. All the change is doing is forcing your GPU to push more pixels for a non-discernable increase in display quality.

My framerates drop when I run it in the native resolution, so until a patch is released, I am going to play in 1600x1200 with AA on.

I think it's crazy people are basing hundreds or even thousand plus dollar hardware decisions around this one game. Then again I bought my 6800GT when Doom 3 came out :eek:

I tried running the game in vertical mode (haha), needless to say it didn't work but I wouldn't mind it.

im shocked that Dice didnt add widescreen support to this game. maybe in future patches but as of now i dont recall reading anything about widescreen support on the bf2 website

osirus35 said:
for one BF2 doesnt support widescreen resolutions. Whether or not EA will add them to a patch is unknown. There is a way that you can run the game in fake widescreen but it doesnt give you the normal field of vision like true widescreen. One way is to do this is to add to the target line on the bf2.exe. You right click and go to properties and there should be a box that says target. Add this to the end of the target code +szx 1920 +szy 1200 of course the numbers should be replaced by the resolution you want to run.

Mind you that this isnt real widescreen. Technically it just streches the image and it can lead to your field of vision to be different sometimes even making it smaller.

Apparently it chops off the top and bottom. So yeah your field of vision is actually vertically smaller, but the image should not be stretched.

peacetilence said:
I think it's crazy people are basing hundreds or even thousand plus dollar hardware decisions around this one game. Then again I bought my 6800GT when Doom 3 came out :eek:

Then why be a hypocrite. :p I dunno but I'm sure many enthusiasts here just don't take too kindly to a game putting the smack down on there rig. A man can only deal with so many slowdowns and mediums. Preparing your rig to do the ass kicking on the hardest to play game out there is not only more fun, but for a bonus there MAY be a new demanding game pop out of nowhere that steals my BF2 game time. You bought a card that would abuse Doom3, I've played BF2 for a total of like 2 and a half days. :D

------------------

Anyways I must agree with another one's sentiment. Pretty much all of us here use that widescreengaming forum as our reference. Just go there. If they don't know we probably don't either.

Chopping off the top and bottom is fine by me. Generally, those are the most useless parts of your field of vision anyway.

osirus35 said:
im shocked that Dice didnt add widescreen support to this game. maybe in future patches but as of now i dont recall reading anything about widescreen support on the bf2 website

im shocked that dice is still in buisiness... i mean really anyone recall when they turned the BF1942 patch development to that open source group and they started fixing all of dices horrible code... i mean really when they stop doing dev for that game it got a lot better.

osirus35 said:

I'm even more shocked that they didn't even have 1280x1024 resolution, that's the most popular LCD resolution. I think that EA is really the problem here, not Dice. It's pretty obvious that EA pushed them to release the game unfinished.

Back