Battlefield 1943

Kind of a silent release, I dont really think the PC community will care with success of BC2

Ironically I didn't know it released either, the other 4 ppl that bought this game must be lonely, seriously that was a weak launch, if they didn't want to invest the time and effort in launching it they could have been more successful selling it through steam.

anyone buy it and play it yet?

like to see some user screens

no, it's out. one of my friends just picked it up, think I'm going to wait on a Steam release though.

He paid for it? Big deal.

Let me know when he has the client downloaded, installed, and is running the game.

Yeah I pre ordered this few months back and it says release date 12/31 so iam pretty it's just for pre order :)

Last edited:
Fun game but goddamn release MORE FUCKING MAPS. I quit playing because it just cycled through the same 3 maps over and over and over and over and over. I can only take so much of Iwo Jima, Wake Island and Guadal Canal.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't find this in any online stores to buy.

Is this available from EA only? It's saying pre-order for me.

I'm pretty sure I'd get £10 worth of gameplay out of it

I've been following the giant fail that is this games pc release for almost a year, and it's about god dammed time.

edit: Well, I just found out that the game is actually not out yet according to another forum. I do have a feeling that it will be released soon though, or finally cancelled.

Between 1943 and Vietnam I'll be happy, the pricepoint for 1943 is perfect at 15$ for 3 maps. Now lets just hope Vietnam is no more than $20 with only 4 new maps on that.

Does BF 1942 still have servers and players?

I loved that game

Does BF 1942 still have servers and players?

I loved that game

i loaded it up about 6 months ago and there were people playing. i don't recall how many servers there were, but i remember i could find some. still a very fun game.

Heh, I jumped the gun a little too quick after reading the game was released on Bluesnews. It felt a little weird that there were no advertisments before the release, but I still bought it. Fortunately, I put a support tickect into EA and was refunded into my PapPal within a few hours, so props to them for being quick.

Am I reading this right, Battlefield 1943 has finally been released?

I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch on the site and that it's not released yet.

Fortunately, I put a support tickect into EA and was refunded into my PapPal within a few hours, so props to them for being quick.

ea store link said:
Product data is unavailable. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
awe :(

Maybe it was a test to see how well it would sell :) but I'm sure many people didn't hear about it.

got it for the ps3. waiting for PC release.....i rather play it with KB/M

What ever happened to Battlefield Heroes? This seems to be another game that was released silently and I don't believe I have ever seen a thread here about it. Has anyone ever even played it?

What ever happened to Battlefield Heroes? This seems to be another game that was released silently and I don't believe I have ever seen a thread here about it. Has anyone ever even played it?

Its out, I've played it, I dont care for it.

Back