BATTLEFIELD 1

So, really stupid question, but the sniper rifle tracer is the actual round flying through the air, correct? Only asking because it's really friggin slow. I want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing by shooting 10 feet in front of running enemies in the distance.

Anyone know why I can't play as any other class in multiplayer? I don't recall any restriction in the beta. I'm only lvl 3 too in case it matters.

I'm having the same issue, unless I'm doing something wrong. I'm clicking on the button that says "Scout", in hopes to change class, but it's not doing anything.

I'll go back to sniper for hardcore, definitely. The most annoying part of playing sniper is those 80-90 dmg hits and then you end up getting killed by a guy with 10 health.

Learn to use the Gewehr M95 and 98.

Last edited:
It's the unfortunate way of the world. Shooters either have a good campaign, or a good multiplayer. Rarely, RARELY, do they have both. CoD and Battlefield will pretty much always be known for the multiplayer. Doom had a great campaign. About to start working on the new Deus Ex which I also hear is pretty good.
COD had a really good single player for the first 4 titles. After that, they went to shit. COD1 and its Ex-pack was awesome, COD2 was amazing. COD3 was console only, but supposedly similar to 1/2. COD 4: Modern Warfare was pretty decent but didn't really invoke that patriotic feeling like 1 and 2 did. After that, COD single player campaigns became worse than your average Michael Bay movie.

As far as Battlefield series goes...
Bad Company 1/2 had decent single player.
BF3 was mediocre...but the story kept pace.
BF4 was utter shit.
BF1... back to mediocre and has a couple highlights. Through Mud and Blood mission is alright. The flying mission is terrible, and the plane controls are simplistic even compared to multiplayer's arcade-y feel (you can't even do a roll or other aerobatics in singleplayer). The first part of the Italian mission where you charge up the mountain in full body armor and carrying a machine gun is pretty cool while the rest drags on. The Australian Scout mission is kind of weak, and the Lawrence of Arabia mission is a complete let down.

What I really want for BF1 is for them to introduce at least a new single player mission with some of the DLC's. I really want a mission from the German viewpoint such as "All Quiet on the Western Front".

So, really stupid question, but the sniper rifle tracer is the actual round flying through the air, correct? Only asking because it's really friggin slow. I want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing by shooting 10 feet in front of running enemies in the distance.
Yeah, what you see is what it's doing. Try firing at a plane passing by, great way to get some quick target practice in when you're on your route to a good sniper spot.
Unless a target is in the hundreds of meters away, ten feet may be a bit exaggerated, lol. But I get what you're saying. Just takes some time to get used to.

Just got 2 kills in a row with Gas Grenades unlike a regular grenade they are going to move or just sit it out if they sit it out rush them. There is no safe way to play this game you get Flanked no matter where you hide which just makes it fair. I like the level with the foliage and the windmill level in TDM. This game looks stellar on a 24" 1440P monitor I was worried it would be too small for shooting stuff in the distance but it's good yet.

Didn't wait to get into Operations but tried a Conquest Map just great stuff the explosions are amazing....
Whatever you do in Conquest though seems to not really matter cause everyone under the sun has Anti-Tank stuff that makes quick work of tanks. I was just trying to figure out the map half the time....like a underground bunker throwing out shells I went to the bottom of the bunker and didn't know a guy insider was firing them from the cylinder underneath.

So i'm still getting crashes every 1-10 matches (totally random, sometimes in menus even, but ALWAYS when I'm having an amazing-unbelievably good round) and I'm pretty damn frustrated.

770gtx 4gb

So the error I'm getting is "DXGI - Get device removed error", as posted here:
DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Still no fix. First reply from EA ( 26.10.16 - 13:45 CEST )

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/973315/geforce-drivers/battlefield-1-driver-crashing/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...battlefield-1-directx-crashes-mostly-gtx770-/

I've tried:
flashing with a custom bios
under/overclocking
under/over-volting (just slightly)
reloading drivers
trying older version of gefore experience
uninstalling geforce experience
Putting directx redist into the installer folders and attempting to repair/reinstall the game
Windowed/Borderless (fullscreen crashes whole pc, windowed/borderless lets me get back to desktop)
Disabling/Removing my second monitor
Changing various settings in the control panel

And basically most of what the guy in the thread tried as well. So if you're getting this error, you're not alone.

In the nvidia thread there was a response:
ManuelGuzman
We are looking into this. We were able to reproduce this on a competitor board as well so I do not know if a fix will come through a driver update or a patch until we do further investigation.
Whats also interesting is that after this happens, when I try to shutdown the PC the system will hang midway through.

Hoping this is something that is fixed soon.

---------------------

Also I've been getting the CPU 100% usage / stutter issue every now and then as well, which "might" be fixed with this:

CPU Spike/Stutter potential "Fix"

So i dont consider this a fix, more of a band-aid especially for those with monitors over 60hz, but i feel i would be doing a disservice to not post a "success story" that may help others, here is what worked for me:
make a user.cfg file in battlefield 1 folder and put in it

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

save as all files

keeps my cpu around 50%, was hitting 70-80% normally and spiking to 100%.

Note: i also uninstalled Geforce Experience and use Parkcore to unpark everything

hope that works for you!

Yeah the 60 fps lock seems to help from what I hear. Another reason why I am not playing yet. That and no way in hell I am paying what they are asking for the whole game.

Look, smooth launch or not, this is EA and BF. It will be a few months at least before the game works consistently for everyone.

Yes. I know that some of you have zero issues. No need to post unless you have a fix.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
I just started campaign and I really enjoy it. Can someone please post their working mouse settings? My Roccat didn't work with any vehicles before 1.01 patch and I got all mouse settings all messed up :-(
Thanks in advance...

I hate when I run past my guy while trying to bayonet him it has limited side to side movement.
Conquest is just that I just don't feel like I'm doing anything in the game while playing Conquest I suppose that is why they added operations.

I tried a few minutes playing with a controller there is no point to it cause you can't aim worth a darn.

I really wish they would improve the flight models.. imagine if it had warthunder quality flying. Would be epic. in warthunder, you can easily fly planes and have great success flying with keyboard/mouse (i know flight sim guys will say thats unrealistic, but for an arcade game i think it would be decent).. I cant tell if im being trailed etc..

Or is flying with a gamepad/stick better?

Yeah the 60 fps lock seems to help from what I hear. Another reason why I am not playing yet. That and no way in hell I am paying what they are asking for the whole game.

Look, smooth launch or not, this is EA and BF. It will be a few months at least before the game works consistently for everyone.

Yes. I know that some of you have zero issues. No need to post unless you have a fix.

So... you're unhappy that the game launched as smoothly as it did, and wish there was more to complain about - "cuz EA and BF" - but you'll continue to reward the thread page after page with nitpicks you aren't actually experiencing because you don't even play the game... ?

At least guys like Blade-Runner had the decency to tuck tail and run when the game didn't live up to the launch-disaster narrative they'd prayed to jesus for.

PS the game is only $45-$49 with the tiniest bit of googling.

Last edited:
So i'm still getting crashes every 1-10 matches (totally random, sometimes in menus even, but ALWAYS when I'm having an amazing-unbelievably good round) and I'm pretty damn frustrated.

770gtx 4gb

So the error I'm getting is "DXGI - Get device removed error", as posted here:
DirectX Function Error (Nvidia) - Still no fix. First reply from EA ( 26.10.16 - 13:45 CEST )

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/973315/geforce-drivers/battlefield-1-driver-crashing/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...battlefield-1-directx-crashes-mostly-gtx770-/

I've tried:
flashing with a custom bios
under/overclocking
under/over-volting (just slightly)
reloading drivers
trying older version of gefore experience
uninstalling geforce experience
Putting directx redist into the installer folders and attempting to repair/reinstall the game
Windowed/Borderless (fullscreen crashes whole pc, windowed/borderless lets me get back to desktop)
Disabling/Removing my second monitor
Changing various settings in the control panel

And basically most of what the guy in the thread tried as well. So if you're getting this error, you're not alone.

In the nvidia thread there was a response:

Whats also interesting is that after this happens, when I try to shutdown the PC the system will hang midway through.

Hoping this is something that is fixed soon.

---------------------

Also I've been getting the CPU 100% usage / stutter issue every now and then as well, which "might" be fixed with this:

CPU Spike/Stutter potential "Fix"

I had that 100% stutter in BF3/4, they seem to reintroduce that bug like a lot of them. I believe park core (or rather the direct reg edit) fixed it for me.

Also, if you do get stutter, keep an eye on the GPU usage. I had an issue in BF4 where it'd not hold the fact it's rendering 3d and dethrottle every few seconds. The fix was to flash (this was an AMD) a new BIOS to the card that removed the Ultra-Low Power state. That was an annoying issue.

So after playing this game over 15 hours. My issue is no Hardcore mode. I can live without custom servers for now. But taking a full clip into someone who is still alive takes the realism away for me.

Any ETA on Hardcore mode?

Except the whole game costs more than $45. DLC is what I was referring to. Not really relevant yet but I do not care for that way of releasing content. It always screws up the game by fracturing the player base. Plus, they are essentially charging for two games.

As is, I think it is a good game. For $45? Sure. The issues are far less game breaking than past launches. I am not hooked though. I played a few rounds Sunday and have not returned since. I am waiting to use my remaining hours until after they release the server tools. It really comes down to that. I do not trust EA to do the right thing. Nothing wrong with that. Their official servers have always been a shit show.

I am just not paying what they are asking until I see the Section 8 server up and running. That remains to be seen.

like this
So after playing this game over 15 hours. My issue is no Hardcore mode. I can live without custom servers for now. But taking a full clip into someone who is still alive takes the realism away for me.

ETA according to the developers is "very soon"

You may have fired a whole clip AT someone but clearly didn't hit them. Most guns can kill someone in 1-5 hits (depending on the gun, range, and where you hit them). I agree it would be nice to have hardcore mode for those who enjoy it though. The reduced health is actually the only thing I don't enjoy about hardcore mode. It's just sniper easy mode for the most part since every sniper rifle becomes an AWP. I'd like a lack of kill cam, no spotting, no bullet/magazine UI, etc though.

Agreed lol, I can get 3-4 kills with a clip using my medics m1907 sweeper if I get on a good roll but at the very least I get 2 in a good fire fight.

^^^ What he said... get HC already. Bored as hell with arcade mode..

GMG has it for $50, but they have regular edition only. If you expect you'll want all the DLC's you can save $6 if you pay $5 for origin access and then receive your 10% discount on the $130 ultimate.

I tried to play other modes then Operation, but they feel dated.
If they just keep expanding Operations in DLC. I would take that over anything else.
A good 10-12 different Operations would be amazing.

Support class is dead until they make the guns more accurate. Yay you have a big gun with infinite ammo, too bad you have as good of chance of hitting someone behind you as you do in front of you.

zd8Bw1u.gif

Single fire mode with a scope on support is quite nice, also charging like an assault w/ smoke grenades to cover your entry. Softening up an area you're going to hit with some Airburst mortars works wonders (also covering yourself with smoke grenades). Some of my best rounds have been support.

I haven't had a game stay this fun for me in a long time (since bad company 2 lol), had a great few matches last night in domination mode. Joined a random squad and everyone was using voice chat (ps4 version), we ended up playing as a very good squad with constant supplies and revives and a nice class spread. We always made sure we had 2 medics, 1 assault, 1 support and 1 sniper and we destroyed every match we played with most of them ending with our squad as the top 5 scores of the team. Its mind blowing what a difference a good squad makes to this game, it really does punish the rambo "I can do this alone" kind of mentality.

On that note the scout class is a very effective assault class, I played him for 2 rounds last night using the smile infantry gun (sniper with iron sights). Using the spot flare and trip wire bombs you can make some very tactical strikes into a point and get alot of kills pretty easy lol.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I tried medical and had fun with it and then had a surprisingly good jaunt with scout yesterday. I'm going to spend some more time with that and see if that's where the magic is for me.

Question on resolution scale vs 4K monitor.

I have a 27" 1440p monitor with two cards in SLI (GTX 980ti) to power it.

I resolution scale the resolution scale to 200 (4K or 5K) and i am still getting 60 FPS which is good enough for me,

The game looks incredible with this resolution scale. I cant get my head around how it is rendering a 4k on a 1440p monitor, but im not going to complain.

1) My question is if i got a 4k monitor, would it look even better at the native resolution?

2) Would it run smoother being native 4K versus using resolution scale?

Thanks

Question on resolution scale vs 4K monitor.

I have a 27" 1440p monitor with two cards in SLI (GTX 980ti) to power it.

I resolution scale the resolution scale to 200 (4K or 5K) and i am still getting 60 FPS which is good enough for me,

The game looks incredible with this resolution scale. I cant get my head around how it is rendering a 4k on a 1440p monitor, but im not going to complain.

1) My question is if i got a 4k monitor, would it look even better at the native resolution?

2) Would it run smoother being native 4K versus using resolution scale?

Thanks

I have a 4K TV and I moved the resolution scale up to 135%.
The game started to take on a cinematic look, almost movie like.

With two 1070s, the game slowly became a slideshow.
I really would like to see how two Titan XP cards will perform above 100%.

Got this as a gift and I'm quite happy I did after hesitating on ordering it. Still learning the maps but this game just looks so good.

Support class is dead until they make the guns more accurate. Yay you have a big gun with infinite ammo, too bad you have as good of chance of hitting someone behind you as you do in front of you.

zd8Bw1u.gif
No problems here. Level 10 Support class already.

I've said it before, and it bears repeating. The LMG's do not act like they did in previous games. They get MORE accurate the longer you fire, right up until they overheat and jam. It took me a while to re-train myself from doing burst fire like I did in BF3 and BF4.

CaptNumbNutz said:
On the MG15, I noticed something very peculiar with it. The cone of fire actually got better the longer you fired. 1st shot hit, 2nd miss, 3rd miss, 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th all hits even if I killed one guy and switched targets to the buddies next to him. This was only if I was standing still, crouched, or prone. The second I started moving it was all over the place. Fortunately, the gun would slow its fire rate then overheat and jam by about the 20th or so bullet if you held on the trigger. If you let that happen you were screwed.

Just a hint...the "Storm" variants of various guns have foregrips that specifically improve aiming down sight accuracy. Get one of the other variants if you prefer to hip fire, but don't expect to hit much past 20 feet when aiming down sights with them.

The problem isn't accuracy, its damage per second. I find the MG15 Storm and BAR Storm are just as accurate, if not more accurate than the MP18 sub-machine gun. The Lewis Gun optical variant is also very accurate. The BAR is the only gun that does DPS on par with some of the sub-machine guns and medic rifles. The problem with the BAR is you will nearly mag dump to get 1-2 kills. It's as bad as the Automatico sub-machine gun.

Last edited:
like this
What is operations mode? Haven't had chance to sink my teeth in this game yet.

Operations is the best mode in the game imo.

Basically the way it works is you have one team that is the attacker and the other side is the defender.

The map is divided up into "sections" and the attackers job is to capture all of the points while the defenders role is to stop them. The attackers get three chances to attack. If they fail an attack they get to start the next round with a zeppelin/armored train/or destroyer (these depend on the map).

The best thing about this mode is that it doesn't just take place on one map, if the attackers completely push all sectors of that map the game moves to another map related to that one.

Operations games take a lot longer to play then the normal capture the flag/deathmatch mode, but it's the most fun imo and gives the game the most epic "war" feeling.

There's nothing like taking a sector and hearing all the soldiers screaming/cheering and rushing down the fleeing enemies as they try to retreat back to the next sector.

Back