Battlefield 1 Trailer is Up!

Dayaks

[H]F Junkie
I might just have to preorder this:

And buy a couple more GPUs.

It tickles me in the right places. Launches Oct 21st.

Last edited:
My first reaction to the name was that this was a delayed April Fools joke.

But the game looks bad ass (y)

Not sure about the Horses and Bi-planes doesn't seem to mesh very well maybe it will be ok in gameplay.

What in the fork?

This should be interesting though. I hope this means a transition away from the run and gun style Battlefield has become and back to the tactics of slower paced strategical combat.

I think that this could be good for the game. They need to differentiate it from Call of Duty more.

Not sure about the Horses and Bi-planes doesn't seem to mesh very well maybe it will be ok in gameplay.

Eh? Both were used in the war...

Heck a lot of armies at first still used cavalry an an offensive weapon, though with the MG's/Arty a lot of them shifted the role of horses more toward messengers/transport and other things, but there were still some armies that used them as an offensive force well into the war.

Enemy submarine sighted!!!

Oh wait....errrr uhhh

Enemy blimp sighted!!!!

Definitely looking forward to this. Will be a nice break and breath of fresh air from the modern/futuristic shooters. :)

Already got my pre-order. :D

Really glad they didn't pull a CoD and make the exact same stale ole' game over again -- if it's a slower paced more strategic game for ground combat I will be really happy. Bolt action rifles require more of a teamwork effort versus going full Rambo gunning down 10 people by yourself.

A few more details have came out.

Apparently now vehicles are linked to classes. Not sure if this is for ALL vehicles or just like main ones.

I would assume it's for vehicles like bi-planes/tanks, but not for things like horses/bikes, etc.

I think this is a good idea. Nothing can be more of a pain in the Battlefield games then people rushing for vehicles only to see some idiot get in one that simply uses it to get from point a to b and then either they crash it or abandon it because tehy had 0 intention of actually using it for its purpose.

Though still hopefully you are able to enter/exit vehicles and get in ones that are empty.

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to this. Will be a nice break and breath of fresh air from the modern/futuristic shooters. :)

Me too! This will be the first Battlefield game I've purchased since BC2. Can't wait for the trench warfare using the trench shotgun & bolt actions. Going to be intense!

Yes bc I never pre order...gotta be a fool to do that esp this far in advance...

Yeah I might preorder after I understand what I am actually ordering...

Yeah I might preorder after I understand what I am actually ordering...
You said exactly how I feel. I am excited to get away from the modern/future combat fad right now but I have to wait and see what Dice is bringing to the table. The last BF I enjoyed playing was BC2.

I'm in the same boat, so tired of modern/future settings and this setting has me excited.

However I haven't really enjoyed battlefield since BC2 which was an amazing game and so fun. BF3/4 never grabbed me like it did an djust felt a bit generic and underwhelming aside from the audio, which is always quite amazing.

Don't feed the hype until release or you get your own hands on it to test....the last ea game I owned was 1942. Hope this one is awesome

Some of the information coming out from those who attended the event is interesting.

"Pilot class is the only one with access to parachutes."

...guess we have to take the stairs now boys.

"There will be four factions [countries]"

Some of the information coming out from those who attended the event is interesting.

Hallelujah.

I've been telling the devs to add a Pilot class since BF3. So many valuable aircraft wasted on wookies bailing on them to get up to their sw33t snipur perches.

This looks cool but I learned to wait till Black Friday for a deal on Battlefield games. Release tends to be really buggy and not worth the hassle.

Hopefully they keep hardcore mode and only have iron sights in that mode.

"There will be four factions [countries]"

I'm torn on that. On one hand there won't be helicopters so it isn't much of an issue. Parachutes for everyone kind of is silly, but I've grown used to in in BF3/4. Mainly for jumping off of high buildings. Suppose the maps will be flatter this time around.

Back