Battlefield 1 System Specs

HardOCP News

[H] News
The official Battlefield website has listed the minimum and recommended PC specs for Battlefield 1. Overall the "recommended" system specs look pretty beefy requiring 16GB of memory, an Intel i7-4790 and 50GB of hard drive space. Here's the complete specs (both minimum and recommended):

6600k is the mininum cpu? Does the game actually use more cores or what? I just upgraded to a 6600k and now it's considered bottom of the barrel?

6600k is the mininum cpu? Does the game actually use more cores or what? I just upgraded to a 6600k and now it's considered bottom of the barrel?
I would sell it asap and buy a real CPU.;) The game runs great on a hexa core CPU and it uses all cores. This has always been a case with EA games.

If the beta is any indication, the minimum CPU is overstated. I ran the beta with an i3 6100 cpu, 16gb of ram, and an overclocked 7870. 1080p, all "high" settings. 60fps average.

If the beta is any indication, the minimum CPU is overstated. I ran the beta with an i3 6100 cpu, 16gb of ram, and an overclocked 7870. 1080p, all "high" settings. 60fps average.
I'm running a slightly faster GPU with a much more powerful CPU and got similar frames. The game definitely seems to be more GPU dependent.

This is the first Battlefield game I won't be buying. Just not my thing after playing the Beta. Would really like 1942 with todays graphics. 1942 and the original Unreal were the only games that made me feel like "I have to get home from work now!!!!" and play. :D Oh well, hope you guys enjoy it.

Gamegpu got a test of it, CPU and GPU.
Battlefield 1 Open Beta тест GPU | Action / FPS / TPS | Тест GPU

bf1_proz_11.png

bf1_proz_12.png

I'm starting to think game devs have been in bed with GPU devs by making phony recommendations for a long time. BF1 ran absolutely FINE on my i7-4790k with GTX 970 and 8GB of ram on ULTRA at 1080p. Consistent 50-60fps which is totally playable. If I want to squeeze out 144fps I'd probably have to settle for medium-high, maybe tinker with some AA stuff, same for 1440p.

I was using a 955BE at stock with 8GB RAM and a 380 4GB. It ran fine for me. Now I'm wondering about these other games I've been interested in that recommend higher specs than what I have and I'm holding off on.

I'm starting to think game devs have been in bed with GPU devs by making phony recommendations for a long time. BF1 ran absolutely FINE on my i7-4790k with GTX 970 and 8GB of ram on ULTRA at 1080p. Consistent 50-60fps which is totally playable. If I want to squeeze out 144fps I'd probably have to settle for medium-high, maybe tinker with some AA stuff, same for 1440p.
Maybe the recommended specs are for 1440p? Also the 1060 is much newer and has similar performance as the 970, so no point in recommending an 970 I think.

I believe this to be one of the more reasonable recommendations in recent times.

Played 1600p all settings on ultra with my 780ti. So I can't imagine what's needed for 1080p on low.

My Geforce 780M chewed through the beta like a hot knife through butter.

Didn't have my wife take it out on the ol'580 GTX though. I'm probably replacing that with a 1070 anyway.

Guess you should have bought an FX-8350 ;)

or you could just assume that minimum and recommended specs are usually way off and not typically accurate like many of us.

Stock clocked 6600k and 4GB GTX670 and hovered around 60fps on High settings; Ultra settings gave around 45fps IIRC.

This is the first Battlefield game I won't be buying. Just not my thing after playing the Beta. Would really like 1942 with todays graphics. 1942 and the original Unreal were the only games that made me feel like "I have to get home from work now!!!!" and play. :D Oh well, hope you guys enjoy it.
Whats amazing is, I think its the only one since 2 that I will buy. It seems that EA has finally started putting out games that actually work and launch. Although, the constant DLC and basically 2 year shelf life have me on the fence.

I wonder how playable my 6500 and 1070 will be

I'm not sure what the person who put together these "minimums" was smoking but the beta ran fine on much, much less spec'd hardware. Aside from the glitches that everyone experienced no matter what they brought to the party that is. I honestly hope they put some work into fixing the springy rubber appendages that was all over the place in every BF1 game I played. But knowing EA it won't be and there will be a day one patch half the size of the game itself.

I think the "minimum" was set so high just to have an "I TOLD YOU SO!" for anyone who whines about how "bad" something looks on their i3... Also, I like "Quotes."

So this is telling us that it's finally time to seriously consider moving up and embrace Skylake/Kaby Lake? I've been on Sandy Bridge for so long!

16 GB of Ram is starting to be the Norm for alot of X-Box to PC games so I went with 32 GB a few months back. Just like a year ago everyone was saying 8 GB is more than enough.

Damn, I'm only on a 4770k. I thought when I built this rig I'd be above the minimum specs for years, but now I'm 20 short!

These specs are pretty hilarious though, how are they going to say "minimum" is 6600k and then that recommended is a CPU thats probably slower than it (or maybe equal-ish due to HT)

The minimum CPU is way off. I ran the beta with a 2500K and RX 480 and it runs great for me. At max settings at 1080p I'm getting around 60 fps unless I'm looking at a huge part of the map, but then it only drops to ~50 fps. Someone was smoking something really good when they came up with those specs.

Seems kind of silly, having Intel CPUs listed right along side much slower AMD CPUs. There are many Intel CPUs that are faster than the recommend AMD CPUs but slower than the recommended Intel CPUs. How does that work?

Seems kind of silly, having Intel CPUs listed right along side much slower AMD CPUs. There are many Intel CPUs that are faster than the recommend AMD CPUs but slower than the recommended Intel CPUs. How does that work?
If that's the case, then maybe we can look forward to Zen chips really being good in the future. I'd switch up when games really scale to multiple cores well.

Yeah something doesn't seems right here. I ran the beta on the rig in my sig with just fine at 1080p on high settings locked in @ 60fps. I think I had one or town brief drops otherwise I was at a constant 60fps.

16 GB of Ram is starting to be the Norm for alot of X-Box to PC games so I went with 32 GB a few months back. Just like a year ago everyone was saying 8 GB is more than enough.
well then you wasted your money because 8GB is still perfectly fine lol. Especially if you have a SSD to mitigate any swapping issues that might incur with games that try to spool more than 8GB for map cache.

I averaged 50fps on medium settings, 1080p. MSI laptop GS60 ghost. Older i7 @ 2.4, 12gb ddr3, GTX 860m, installed on my SSD. Hooked up to a 144hz 24" monitor, running at 120hz. I wouldn't put much into these specs. It ran wonderfully for me given I'm running a mobile gtx860m.

well then you wasted your money because 8GB is still perfectly fine lol. Especially if you have a SSD to mitigate any swapping issues that might incur with games that try to spool more than 8GB for map cache.

I had games max out at 9 gigs already so it's out there I forget what game it was I think Deus EX MD

I had games max out at 9 gigs already so it's out there I forget what game it was I think Deus EX MD
Well sure they might max out at 8+ but depending upon how your system is configured it might be irrelevant. If you have an SSD chances are the engine can spool in map data without any perceptible hitching and make due with 7GB or so allocated to the game. You are taxing your harddrive in doing so but I'm just saying you may already have a system than can perform the game just fine without investing a single penny. 16GB is fine, 32 is just pointless.

Well sure they might max out at 8+ but depending upon how your system is configured it might be irrelevant. If you have an SSD chances are the engine can spool in map data without any perceptible hitching and make due with 7GB or so allocated to the game. You are taxing your harddrive in doing so but I'm just saying you may already have a system than can perform the game just fine without investing a single penny. 16GB is fine, 32 is just pointless.
640KB ought to be enough for anybody.

Error was made in the min spec. Nothing to hyperventilate about, the game/engine is EXTREMELY well optimized, my friend played the beta fine on an i7-920 and a GTX680.

Back