Battlefield 1 Open Beta now live

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
If you signed up for Battlefield Insider you probably have an email waiting for you with a redemption code. Downloading the game now

Well "open" would imply that one could just download it without having to sign up for anything.
you can, but insider subscribers get early access to the open beta. The full open beta starts for everyone tommorrow

you can, but insider subscribers get early access to the open beta. The full open beta starts for everyone tommorrow
Well then the title should state that the open beta goes live tomorrow, while it is already available to insiders.

Well then the title should state that the open beta goes live tomorrow, while it is already available to insiders.

"Sign up to be an insider. Perhaps doing so will get you a key."

Nope, you had to have signed up by Aug 21, 2016, per the website.

Also, speculation is that the beta will be open "for at least four days." What kind of bullshit is that? What happened to the good old days when a beta or demo stayed open until the game was released, or even beyond.

I didn't buy the Star Wars Battlefront game because I got a little play time, just enough that I had ok weapons and it wasn't frustrating due to me being quickly killed by other players with better weapons, then they cut it off. I wasn't willing to risk my money on a game that might just be shitty and the beta/demo wasn't open long enough for me to find out otherwise.

My Nephew puts me to shame when it comes to FPS games. He tried all the classes out was throwing Mustard Gas everywhere riding a horse and flying a plane pretty good.
Can't wait to see the other maps this Map feels like Planetside 2.

Got about 30 minutes in last night and am sad to report that I'm not feeling it as much as I thought I would.

The gameplay is bland, the graphics are horribly unoptimized... just seems like another cookie-cutter Frostbite-powered title from EA. There isn't much going for the series anymore, it seems like BF4 was the last decent effort within the series. This feels like Battlefront in that it will be fun for a couple days, but will not last unless you find the modern task of unlocking all the content fun and enjoyable. That's not why I played and enjoyed the older titles, unfortunately. Really missing the days of Bad Company II... what happened to that fast-paced gameplay?

I'm the opposite. The Bad Company series are my least favorite of the franchise... Well, next to Hardline anyway. BF2 is still my favorite, followed by BF4. I think BF1 has potential though.

Got about 30 minutes in last night and am sad to report that I'm not feeling it as much as I thought I would.

The gameplay is bland, the graphics are horribly unoptimized... just seems like another cookie-cutter Frostbite-powered title from EA. There isn't much going for the series anymore, it seems like BF4 was the last decent effort within the series. This feels like Battlefront in that it will be fun for a couple days, but will not last unless you find the modern task of unlocking all the content fun and enjoyable. That's not why I played and enjoyed the older titles, unfortunately. Really missing the days of Bad Company II... what happened to that fast-paced gameplay?

What do you mean the graphics are horribly unoptimized? I agree that the gameplay isn't something that will be fun for very long.

Let's first address the graphics. I'm not sure what you mean that the graphics are unoptimized. What kind of specs are you running? There's a new NVIDIA Driver, AMD - not sure when that will come about...

You might need to tweak your settings.

I'm running a highly overclocked 980 Ti at 2560x1440 @165hz with a GSYNC monitor. Now issues at all. My FPS are generally between 75 (dust storm) to 100 with ULTRA everything.

As for the gameplay - The original Battlefield 1942 was a similar pace to this. In fact, I wish they'd slow some things down. Horses are ridiculously fast and should have trot by default and hold shift for gallop which should be limited to stamina. Vehicles are ridiculously fast. I mean the 'jeep' goes flying over sand dunes at like 150 MPH. The sand should be a lot more sticky.

Let's first address the graphics. I'm not sure what you mean that the graphics are unoptimized. What kind of specs are you running? There's a new NVIDIA Driver, AMD - not sure when that will come about...

You might need to tweak your settings.

I'm running a highly overclocked 980 Ti at 2560x1440 @165hz with a GSYNC monitor. Now issues at all. My FPS are generally between 75 (dust storm) to 100 with ULTRA everything.

As for the gameplay - The original Battlefield 1942 was a similar pace to this. In fact, I wish they'd slow some things down. Horses are ridiculously fast and should have trot by default and hold shift for gallop which should be limited to stamina. Vehicles are ridiculously fast. I mean the 'jeep' goes flying over sand dunes at like 150 MPH. The sand should be a lot more sticky.

That's pretty much what I'm seeing. I made a video of performance here -

Vehicles are too fast for such a small map. Graphics seem blurry.

Edit: Needed to restart Origin to get my actual settings in effect. Runs great now. Vehicles still a bit swift though I see much better now.

Last edited:
anybody getting a crash to desktop when trying to load can probably fix it by disabling "origin in game". I was getting the error below until I turned it off. same shit as steam and crimson overlays...

New Bitmap Image.png

Had an awesome holy shit moment today thanks to how fast those jeeps are. Was playing conquest and a jeep was heading right for me while I was sniping in some dunes/pits in the sand. Took a shot at the driver and scored a head shot but the jeep was still flying at me so I ran back and went prone, soon as I hit the ground the jeep went flying over me and came to a stop 5 feet away. Was a complete action movie sequence lol

just played a couple rounds and it runs pretty good, on dx11. it is really hard on my system though! had to reduce my OCs to keep from crashing. so with my fx-8120 @ 4440 and my 280x at 1175/1675, running under dx11, I get 50-70+FPS@1440p and 60-90+FPS@1080p both with auto config to high settings. not too shabby for the old girl! now dx12 is another story, which I'm sure they are still working to implement. same auto config to high same OCs I get about the same frame rates BUT with unexplainable drops into the low 20s every couple of seconds, making it completely unplayable. oh well dx11 works surprisingly well!

i don't see how you think this. game looks great and runs well.

That was my fault. 99.9% sure I'm not up-to-date with the new NVIDIA driver. I was seriously freaking out because BF4 can hold up fairly well to my need for 144+ fps at 1440p. Giving it a deeper shot as soon as I get home tonight.

Also - I did not get to experience the jeeps yet. I may have underestimated the speed of vehicles by not being able to enjoy this part. I've always been a fan of the fast vehicles in BF, ragdoll physics + roadkill = hilarious. BF2142 had the best vehicles IMO, the "jeep" in that game had an extra boost that made it easy as hell to mow down baddies.

I have yet to come across a configuration where DX12 runs better, or even as well as DX11 for this game regardless of NVidia or AMD or type of CPU

That's pretty much what I'm seeing. I made a video of performance here -

This game looks incredibly boring, definitely another Battlefront w/BF skin. Guess I'll stick with ARMA 3 for little longer.

any way to preload the open beta?

not that I know of, there might be torrents of the open beta files out there. The beta is only 7gb big so depending on your net it might not be an issue (download took 20min for me lol)

It's already released. You can directly download it once you receive your key (they were sent out last night.)

If you didnt subscribe to the insider it doesn't open up untill tomorrow which means he can't download it untill then

BF 1942 still is one of my all time favorites. Last thing I wanted was futuristic/space/COD whatever stuff.

If this is a step in that direction good chance I'll enjoy this.

Ugh....I was hoping for better game play out of this. Hope isn't a strategy so it looks like I skip another BF. BF Bad Company 2 was the last decent one. BF3 was okay....BF4 might have been good if you weren't blinded by the damn flashlights. Honestly, WTF....was everyone carrying 1M candlelight flashlight?

You guys are joking right? I've been playing all day long, it's a great change from call o duty and everything else out there. Cya in game

You guys are joking right? I've been playing all day long, it's a great change from call o duty and everything else out there. Cya in game

I'm with you. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit and aside from DX12, it runs pretty well on a wide variety of configs I've tried it on.

So will it just show up in Origin for those of us who didn't sign up early?

forgot to sign up for insider once again....frickin waiting for the open beta to go live I suppose.

Don't see anywhere on there to get a code, link to download, etc

Because it's not available yet. If you didn't sign up for insider you have to check back there until it goes live for everyone. Should be sometime today.

Back