Battlefield 1 No-HUD Gameplay on 21:9

Frostbite 3 engine doesn't get near enough praise, when you consider this game SHOULD be able to run max settings even on my ancient rig. Regardless, I like the Art and colors they used and it really makes a difference on how it looks. Battlefront looked fucking amazing and so will this.

Frostbite 3 engine doesn't get near enough praise, when you consider this game SHOULD be able to run max settings even on my ancient rig. Regardless, I like the Art and colors they used and it really makes a difference on how it looks. Battlefront looked fucking amazing and so will this.

Agreed. It's too bad the games have been pretty mediocre the last few installments. I hate that I'm so excited for BF1.

Can't wait for EA to overhype this and not deliver like every other one of their games

Can't wait for EA to overhype this and not deliver like every other one of their games

Yep. I'm trying real hard not to get my hopes up too much. This is the first BF game I've actually had to restrain hype for, though. I'm new to the franchise. My first BF game was BF4, which almost turned me off completely, but then they sort of made it into a decent game. I've played BC2 extensively since then, and absolutely love it. Never played Battelfront or Hardline because of the shit they've gotten.

Last edited:
that is great when that anti aircraft gun is taking down that bi-plane at 2:13

It was a very immersive video, right up until the point that Youtube decided I needed to see an ad for patio furniture as the soldier ran through a building that recently got a new patio courtesy of artillery.

Ha ha, annoying right? Battlefield 1 looks pretty amazing though? Can't wait to play it but I've always been terrible at BF games.

I would totally play like this, except you would still need some sort of indication as to where the objectives are and which one(s) were under attack. Other than that, looks pretty cool.

I would totally play like this, except you would still need some sort of indication as to where the objectives are and which one(s) were under attack. Other than that, looks pretty cool.

Ehhhhh. I think a HUD-less game mode would be pretty sweet, as nobody would know exactly where to go in every second of the match. I think it'd force people to engage their senses a little more and be more strategic in how they move.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
Ehhhhh. I think a HUD-less game mode would be pretty sweet, as nobody would know exactly where to go. I think it'd force people to engage their senses a little more. I think it could be pretty awesome if everybody was on the same page.

How could you "engage your senses" to find an arbitrary hold point? They'd have to be distinct landmarks on the map which, more often than not, is not the case with these games.

I'm all for that idea but the way the game is designed doesn't really make it feasible.

How could you "engage your senses" to find an arbitrary hold point?

Ummm. By listening? The BF games have really good sound design and this is totally possible. Also, you know, you have eyes...

The hold points aren't arbitrary, either. Firstly, there are clearly distinguishable landmarks in a lot of the gameplay videos out there. Secondly, you'd only need to play each map maybe once or twice in a normal game mode to know where the hold points are located. Again, we're talking about a game mode, not having the whole game be like this.

Ummm. By listening? The BF games have really good sound design and this is totally possible. Also, you know, you have eyes...

The hold points aren't arbitrary, either. Firstly, there are clearly distinguishable landmarks in a lot of the gameplay videos out there. Secondly, you'd only need to play each map maybe once or twice in a normal game mode to know where the hold points are located. Again, we're talking about a game mode, not having the whole game be like this.

A HUD less, or near HUD less UI, no radar on the map. Seems like I've played games like that 15 years ago. Something something Unreal Tournament seems to ring a bell.

If you played Instagib, there was nothing to look at on the screen. No health, no ammo. You learned the maps as you went along and would work out new tactics as you go. I'd be all for another game that follows that pattern and keeps it simple rather than unbalancing the game by giving certain players an advantage. (UAV comes to mind)

Last edited:
A HUD less, or near HUD less UI, no radar on the map. Seems like I've played games like that 15 years ago. Something something Unreal Tournament seems to ring a bell.

If you played Instagib, there was nothing to look at on the screen. No health, no ammo. You learned the maps as you went along and would work out new tactics as you go. I'd be all for another game that follows that pattern and keeps it simple rather than unbalancing the game by giving certain players an advantage. (UAV comes to mind)

Yeah, I can't stand cluttered HUDs. It seems like they did a good job on this one though. Much more subdued. I really hate how in-your-face BF4s HUD is.

this video actually makes it look fun for some reason. it almost feels like old BF in a way and that AA gun...I loved just sitting in those thing in 1942.

After my disappointment in BF3,4,BC2..this might change it for me.

this video actually makes it look fun for some reason. it almost feels like old BF in a way and that AA gun...I loved just sitting in those thing in 1942.

After my disappointment in BF3,4,BC2..this might change it for me.

Yeah, I have this weird mixture of anxiety and hype over this game. DICE really likes fucking with my emotions I guess.

I've never played any of the BF games, but I'm excited for this. I'm a sucker for the WW1/WW2 gamplay like the original Call of Duty and COD2.

Im fan of BF since first released. So played it on of since the beginning. And frostbite is so sick rly. Seems like it scales so well and in bf4 sli kicks really hard. Only thing is that weapons and mods are probably limited in bf1. Love playing around with the different weps and unlocking mods like in bf4. And i really like ww2 most.

Have played every battlefield religiously since BF2. Except hardline. Stoked for this. A HUD less screen is probably equivalent to hardcore mode in BF4. So I'd assume the regular mode includes a hud.

Non bf fans assume a hud less game mode is the only mode... It isn't...

Any single player campaign for this?

BF and CoD all seem to have a long history of having exceedingly short campaigns.

Very excited, wife preordered me this game for my birthday so I don't have to sweat about buying it or not :p

It was a very immersive video, right up until the point that Youtube decided I needed to see an ad for patio furniture as the soldier ran through a building that recently got a new patio courtesy of artillery.

Look into the youtube adblock extension on the chrome store (assuming you use chrome) never have to look at pop up ads or sit through 30s of bullshit again to watch the videos you want.

Just got around to watching the vid. Wow. Looks pretty nice. Excited for a change of pace.

Almost feels like WW1 - Steampunk edition, and I dont know that I dislike that....

Also, to be fair, I've heard that Mirror's Edge Catalyst is phenomenal.

I thought it was great but the campaign was pretty short. I found myself doing a lot of the little side missons trying to make the game last longer. Also, no motion sickness for me like someone else mentioned and that's with me playing on a curved 48" 4k monitor.

Can't wait for BF1, looks like it's going to be a blast. I've been waiting for something to come out that reminds me of the good old days where I could easily sink hours into Day of Defeat.

Back