Battle Star Galactica @ Amazon $120 BD or 80 DVD

MooMooCow

Limp Gawd
Link

Goldbox deal for 11/30

On the other hand UK Amazon has it for £69.97 which roughly equates to 108 USD. Rumor has it that the collection is region free, so buy at your own risk.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
MooMooCow said:
Goldbox deal for 11/30

Link

Hugeeeee Great series.... hot price there!

thanks! I think I'll snag one at lunch as a gift

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I picked it up along with Firefly on BR. I don't even own a BR player (HT room project is on hold). Damn this forum.

thanks op ive been waiting for a deal every time i went to frys and saw the price on the set. in for firefly since someone had to mention it.

luckly i looked through the post i almost went with the 300gb newegg raptor.

Great series. A lot of people hated the way it ended, but I thought it was really well done albeit a bit saccarin. $120 is still a bit steep when I can get it online or on Netflix.

Too bad the cancelled Caprica... it was starting to get good and that robot chick was HOT.

Great series. A lot of people hated the way it ended, but I thought it was really well done albeit a bit saccarin. $120 is still a bit steep when I can get it online or on Netflix.

Too bad the cancelled Caprica... it was starting to get good and that robot chick was HOT.

I wondered where the hell Caprica went..... and Dude, Alessandra Torresani is fucking smoking hot and has a Blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do. ! :eek:

Eh, Caprica was boring, and couldn't hold its own in the eyes of BSG fans. Hopefully the new show with young Adama joining the Colonial Fleet will work out.

$120 is still a bit steep when I can get it online or on Netflix.

$120 is steep for 21 Blu-ray discs? What planet are you from?

And when comparing the price of legitimately owning content versus pirating... what would you consider worth paying? Let me guess... $2?

$120 is steep for 21 Blu-ray discs? What planet are you from?

And when comparing the price of legitimately owning content versus pirating... what would you consider worth paying? Let me guess... $2?

I guess "steep" is not the right adjective. Perhaps I should have phrased it as: "why would I pay $120 for something I can watch on my PAID Netflix or PAID Hulu subscription?" In absolute terms, this is a great deal.

I guess "steep" is not the right adjective. Perhaps I should have phrased it as: "why would I pay $120 for something I can watch on my PAID Netflix or PAID Hulu subscription?" In absolute terms, this is a great deal.

BD >>>>>>>>> Streaming Quality hands down.

BD >>>>>>>>> Streaming Quality hands down.

BSG was always more about the story and characters to me than the pew-pew... and while I know quality is far better on Blu-Ray, I'm not sure $120 is worth a higher res Tricia Helfer (understandably disputable on this point :) )

Looks like OP dropped a link to the EU Amazon which is selling the set for even less.

Back