Battle of Cable Management: Choose Your Weapons.

Landmine

Limp Gawd
What weapons do choose to battle messy cables? Zip ties, duct tape, superglue, conduit...

What do you use to keep your office, computer and network clean. Please post pictures and name the products. I'd like to work on making a master list of all of the best tricks and products to keep organized. I've broken them out into 4 sections, please post recommended changes if you have them.

Ontop of the Desk Cable Management
CableDrop - CableDrop gently grasps your power and peripheral cords so they do not fall off your desk.

Behind/Under the Desk
Cable Box - Store extra cables in a neat box to prevent tangles.

In the Computer
Cable Ties - Cable/Zip Ties are a must of any computer.

Network Management
Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties - Like a zip tie that you can reuse over and over. I use these for my network cables since time to time I add or remove cables to the network.

Tips
Use the shortest network cable you can to prevent having to organize extra network cables.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In no particular order...
- "Signum" under-desk cable management (link)
- Cut sections from a roll of velcro (usually to keep runs of cables bundled together)
- Zip ties (in machines, or the screw-hole zip ties)
- Pre-cut velcro cable ties (usually for storing power/data cables when not in use)

I wish those Signums didnt cost so much to get shipped or that had them local. Anything else like that but more common?

I feel like the advent of (fully) modular PSUs make in-the-case cable management a breeze. If you need more than two HDDs break it into a separate data server. Then I guess you'll be back to cable ties but you might have fewer constraints in the server form factor to make cable management intrinsically easier--more space, open rack, etc, etc, etc.

Back