Battle for Middle Earth

rflcptr

Supreme [H]ardness
Oh man, I loved this game. I wanted to continue to play it and its sequel, but EA has shut down the online servers. :( Is the game still capable of doing LAN play?

Are there any current LoTR RTS games now or coming? Thanks! :)

I believe there is lan options for both 1 and 2? If so you can also try a VPN for online play.

EA's license for LOTR games expired so they can no longer be involved in LOTR games (old games are not even sold through Origin for example). Warner Bros has the current license but they have no history of RTS games. Could try the mod for Total War.

Yep, that's too bad. I'll look around to see if I can find my old copy of BFME and maybe a second-hand BFME II.

It's sad, the servers are shut down and they no longer print copies of the game so the price has inflated to over $100. Luckily I managed to grab my copy of BFME2 and ROTWK before that happened. LAN works over hamachi and stuff but it's pretty difficult due to the version mismatch and anti-crack features.

EA lost the ability to turn a great IP into shit? Oh the small joys in life maybe we will get an ACTUAL rpg out of the LOTR instead of action nonsense.

I really enjoyed 1&2. Used to play them both a lot with a couple of buddies. I lost my discs though and consequently the keys so I haven't been able to play them.

So sad

Back