Batman: Arkham Origins

atom

Gawd
Anybody playing this right now? I started preloading on steam to at least be playing sometime this morning but it says anywhere from 8 hours to 3 days remaining. Damn steam's content servers these days!

This would be a great place to actually talk about the game... that other thread.. it's just people bitching. I'm curios to know if people here actually liked it, or if they're still complaining that it's only getting an 8/10 review...

This would be a great place to actually talk about the game... that other thread.. it's just people bitching. I'm curios to know if people here actually liked it, or if they're still complaining that it's only getting an 8/10 review...

If that is true, I hope that thread gets closed. Really seeing a lot of truly angry people on the forums here lately, I love a heated discussion as much as anyone but even the most well known people in these forums need to show some restraint with personal attacks & name calling. End rant :p

As for the game I just began playing the campaign. Everything maxed, first game I've used that has TXAA (finally I get to see some Nvidia stuff in action!), Physx High & it runs great!
Combat seems similar to previous games, my biggest concern is how well the story will come together with all the lore etc. Big shoes to fill!

I do hope to share some stuff about this game but I was at my mom's house all day to come home and see that the download is at 0kb\s with about 5gb remaining, right were I left it about 12 hours ago.

Coming from a Arkham City/Asylum veteran, I think the game escalated in difficulty quickly. There was no tutorial to guide you in quickly, but it does feel a bit more grindy than the last 2 games.

Its fun so far and I'm digging it, but for whatever reason, it doesn't feel as deep or loved as the other 2. I can't put my finger on it. It also doesn't feel as creepy as the other 2 did at times. Killer Croc was there and there was no sense that you should fear him like Batman did in Arkham Asylum.

Otherwise, it's a good game with fantastic action and a lot to do. Knowing the game mechanics ahead of time has helped. I can't imagine what this game must be like for noobs to the series.

^ Those are good points boss99. I did love the first fight there with electrocutioner however. Honestly though, I feel the creepiness was lost in Arkham City, and this one continues the trend. Without giving spoilers there is one villain that they gave a much creepier look which I dig. The upgrade system though, it sucks. I feel like Batman already has his gadgets and unlocking these other little combo's and stuff is played out because I already had them in the last two games. When the popup appears for the next level I just pick one without even reading what it is. I think the layout Gotham city is a little un-fun as well, it doesn't have that video game sandbox feel like Arkham had... The inside areas though on these missions I absolutely love. All in all there is some great gameplay there but of course there is no innovation, and after this title the series is surely dead as far as I am concerned.

Glitch Report: Copperhead has a whip that dangles down between her legs sort of like a tail. On my system this thing goes nuts! It flies all over the place! This is the same effect I get on Tomb Raider with Lara's hair If I try to turn on TressFX. I am willing to bet this is due to them using a PhysX feature for the whip which is not suppported by my card. HD 7790.

Last edited:

I like it so far, DRM install, and trophy check every time I launch the game is getting annoying though. The WBID seems to cause the game to stutter, when it cannot connect. So far it's good though.

gameplay is the same old stuff again but if i were to rate it storywise i'd give it 1/10 its like a bastardized version of AC's story, maybe even an early draft for AC

gameplay is the same old stuff again but if i were to rate it storywise i'd give it 1/10 its like a bastardized version of AC's story, maybe even an early draft for AC

What??????
wait..... WHAT?

I would argue that the Batman story is like 60 years old but I don't even see the relation between the two

another fair and balanced review...

"If anything, its adherence to the status quo is a minor fault...The developers at Warner Bros. Montreal seem to think that the best way to pay homage to the series originators at Rocksteady is to perfectly recreate all of the gameplay systems and the general flow of Batman: Arkham City and put them in a new package with a few minor additions

The only other major difference this time around is in the game's story, which is a noticeable step back from that in Arkham City...Batman: Arkham Origins packs in everything that was enjoyable about Arkham City...Usually that last sentence would end with something like "and then some," but that's a hard clause to add when the relatively small changes in the formula seem inconsequential or slightly negative...Still, if you aren't tired of the formula by now, you'll get your money's worth

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/10/batman-arkham-origins-review-the-dark-knight-repeats/

Still, if you aren't tired of the formula by now, you'll get your money's worth

It's true, because I am not tired yet but like I said in my earlier post, I won't be getting the next one. Fight with Deathstroke... come on! Where are all the rest of these assassins? I haven't seen Deadshot yet! Basic bad guys that are pretty much the same as Bane??? What? This is a prequel to when Joker got his hands on the Bane Venom and became an absolute monster, that just doesn't make sense. I played about an hour last night and was surprised to see my Story-line is already at 90%. I am taking my time too. Time to do some side missions...

Last edited:
I just downloaded it last night on steam but havnt played it yet. I got it free with my GTX 760 purchase. I cant wait to try a game with it and hope it plays better then my 5850 so I get my moneys worth!

I'm starting to notice some weird glitchy things like I was gliding over a building and batman's cape started tweaking out and he was rising!

Things like that and I'm going after a riddler tower but after I pulled off the grate, I can't climb into the duct. It's just not as polished as AA and AC. It makes me a mite less hopeful for Rocksteady's next batman game, even though I know that this game doesn't have them exactly behind the wheel.

Just starting playing, turned everything all the way up and it looks awesome.

Is it me or does Batman look like a steroid abuser? :confused:

Is it me or does Batman look like a steroid abuser? :confused:

Yeah he definitely looks beefy. I think this is due to him using an early version of his suit.

and now to change topic a little: I now have PhysX turned off, it was on by default I guess. I just read the WBGames forums and lots of people are complaining about a lot of things that seem to be Physics related and with the stuff I have seen I have now just turned it off.

Yeah he definitely looks beefy. I think this is due to him using an early version of his suit.

and now to change topic a little: I now have PhysX turned off, it was on by default I guess. I just read the WBGames forums and lots of people are complaining about a lot of things that seem to be Physics related and with the stuff I have seen I have now just turned it off.
So far the only thing I saw funky was when I killed a guy near a wall and instead of falling on the floor, he died on the wall and shifted up to the ceiling.

So far the only thing I saw funky was when I killed a guy near a wall and instead of falling on the floor, he died on the wall and shifted up to the ceiling.

There was a part where there was a cop strung up by his feet dangling there. On my pc he was doing flips and stuff all the way over the string he was tied too. Lots of little things like that, they don't effect gameplay but they break up the realism, you know?

There was a part where there was a cop strung up by his feet dangling there. On my pc he was doing flips and stuff all the way over the string he was tied too. Lots of little things like that, they don't effect gameplay but they break up the realism, you know?
Yeah, I didnt know it was tied to the physx. I just hope I dont glitch someplace I cant get out of. hehe

So far its a decent game, nothing great.

First let me say I absolutely love this game! Only get to play about an hour hour a day due to 2 jobs and a kid but I'm loving it and think it's easily as good as AC and might end up being better. Now that said, this is the biggest bugfest I've seen since Rage! Nothing works! Glide kick won't work from mid air, the CNTRL/right click finishing move only works sometimes, Riddler challenges you can't do because of glitches, graphics glitches and so on. Christamighty!

Oh well, still love the game. Maybe by the time I get to my 2nd playthru they'll have it patched up pretty good.

BUG ALERT:
I am now stuck in a room, and my save is rendered useless. I am nearing completion of the game too. I got through a room and decided that was a good place to save the game and call it quits. I open the game this morning to find that trying to leave the room says "Secure Area first" or something of that nature. All of the baddies have already been defeated in the area. There is no way to get out of this room. I am not replaying this shit from the beginning. I hope they will release a fix someday and I will continue. For now, I am done with this game, and very annoyed by the developers. Again nearing the end of the game, It was a decent experience, but nothing that I saw in these trailers reflects the story of the game.

Have you tried "restart from checkpoint"? It might start you a little bit before you're stuck.

First let me say I absolutely love this game! Only get to play about an hour hour a day due to 2 jobs and a kid but I'm loving it and think it's easily as good as AC and might end up being better. Now that said, this is the biggest bugfest I've seen since Rage! Nothing works! Glide kick won't work from mid air, the CNTRL/right click finishing move only works sometimes, Riddler challenges you can't do because of glitches, graphics glitches and so on. Christamighty!

Oh well, still love the game. Maybe by the time I get to my 2nd playthru they'll have it patched up pretty good.
Its not glitches its the ROIDS batman has been taking! ;)

So far its been pretty good going. I have seen a few graphics glitch.

Its not glitches its the ROIDS batman has been taking! ;)

So far its been pretty good going. I have seen a few graphics glitch.

Ha! Yeah they did go a little overboard with the beef this time around. He looks so muscle bound it's hard to imagine him being able to do much of anything let alone all the acrobatics he does.

On a side note, I STILL CANT FUCKING GET PASSED DEADSHOT!! Gawdamighy this is getting ridiculous.

I finally ran into a few bad glitches. One was when I was about to fight firefly after I beat his men up, but I was unable to hit them, and them me. I had to restart.
Then at the 2nd stage to Bane, I attacked and it got stuck on a wall. I had to restart.

Not too bad I guess.

On a side note, I STILL CANT FUCKING GET PASSED DEADSHOT!! Gawdamighy this is getting ridiculous.

Deadshot is all about timing. It took me 4 or 5 tries, but it literally tells you what you're doing wrong. Don't just button mash or he'll drop you quick.

You can also use your quick grapple, too -- fire that at him and pull him to you. Again, don't button mash. You can do this 4-5 times every "round".

After you get the timing down, he goes down pretty quick. Make sure you do the counter for his special attacks, too, as that will take quite a bit of his health.

must say the TXAA looks wonderful, you really notice it unlike the stacks of variations of AA Ive seen over the years this really stands out.

Back