Batman: Arkham Origins

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Warner Bros. has officially announced Batman: Arkham Origins...Origins is the next game in the Arkham series, and follows the release of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City...those games were developed by Rocksteady...Origins is made by WB Games Montreal and set several years before the previous Arkham games

the main antagonist is Black Mask, who orchestrates a city-wide manhunt for Batman among Gotham's outlaw population...the Dark Knight will face eight assassins, including fan favorite Deathstroke, who have journeyed to Arkham City to kill him...the game world will be approximately twice as big as it was in Arkham City

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...igins-announced-for-pc-ps3-wii-u-and-xbox-360

I'm a bit concerned that Rocksteady is not involved in the game so will take a wait and see approach...at least WB Montreal will still be using Rocksteady's custom modified Unreal engine to create the game

Was hoping Rocksteady would perhaps try to tackle another DC property such as Superman (maybe one day there will be a good Superman game :p) but the article says they are also working on a Batman game.

Was hoping Rocksteady would perhaps try to tackle another DC property such as Superman (maybe one day there will be a good Superman game :p) but the article says they are also working on a Batman game.

Rocksteady is rumored to be at work on a stylized prequel due in 2014 at the earliest...the game will reportedly detail Batman's first encounter with the Joker, and is based on the Silver Age of DC comics from the 1950s

http://www.gamespot.com/news/rocksteadys-next-batman-game-a-stylized-prequel-report-6386420

Nice.. Hope to see some Gameplay vids soon.. Maybe from e3.

All the new developer needs to do is create a new game world and story. Just about every mechanic in the game is already perfect.

I do not know about how good it will be considering how great a job Rock Steady did and now a new studio is at the helm. It will be a preorder as soon as it goes up on Steam (or other if it turns out to be Steamworks).

Day 1 buy for me here fellas. Absolutely loved the first 2 despite the wretched plague on gamers known as GFWL. I am a little worried Rock Steady isn't doing this one. The first two were simply superb so I'm hoping the new developers don't go in and try to redo everything. Don't reinvent something that is damn near flawless.

Day one buy barring something ridiculous. Arkham City set a new standard for me on third person action games.

I'm unsure how WB Montreal will do with it. If gameplay trailers show the same as AA & AC, I'm all for it.

Day one buy barring something ridiculous. Arkham City set a new standard for me on third person action games.

It really is Di d didn't it. Mass Effect is my all time favorite game because of the story and characters. Batman AC (even AA) just redefined game play IMO and is about my favorite just because it's such fun to just play. It is so much fun just flying around, the way they work the grapnal gun and especially the boost features. It's about the only game I never get tired of simply because of the game play.

The music and atmosphere are among the best ever as well. Several times during the game I'll stop somewhere usually on a rooftop, and just look around and soak it in.

Batman: Arkham Origins

A new Simulator! Live the bureaucracy of getting approved by the city planning committee for a new asylum to be built. Hire Doctors! obtain government contracts! Build and decorate your facilities!

While I don’t want them to mess with what works, they definitely need to tinker with the formula a little. If not, we might end up with an Assassin’s Creed situation where they’re rehashing the same gameplay for 5 sequels in 5 years. Don’t ruin what we love, but don’t get complacent either.

While I don’t want them to mess with what works, they definitely need to tinker with the formula a little. If not, we might end up with an Assassin’s Creed situation where they’re rehashing the same gameplay for 5 sequels in 5 years. Don’t ruin what we love, but don’t get complacent either.

Luckily, the gameplay is far better than any of the AC games already.

I loved the other 2, but I'll hold my applause until I see the final product for this game.

I'm hoping they pick up where they left off in AC at some point. I'd be curious to see how this plays out.

Finally playing through Arkham City and love it. I hope they don't screw this up.

Still waiting on that Batman vs Superman game, you know like the comic where he fights Superman with Kryptonite gloves....

/sigh :(

On a related note

100-percent-chance-of-justice.jpg

Last edited:
To many different versions of Batman with to many different opinions on killing and death (everything from coldblooded murder to indirect murder, to warm and fuzzy, "I feel responsible for anyone I let die"). I think before we get a Batman vs Superman game, someone needs to make a good Superman game.

But he doesn't kill people! (apart from that guy in the basement...a few other guys and the people you kick off buildings...)

I know that Batman doesn't kill people but the Assassins do. I should've specified the difference between AC (Arkham City) & the ACs (Assassin's Creed series)

But he doesn't kill people! (apart from that guy in the basement...a few other guys and the people you kick off buildings...)

Thats always been the problem with batman. Instead of finishing the job he'll clink the heads of two chainsaw rapists together and leave em tied to a mailbox.

Thats why people like the show Dexter. Dexter is like batman with balls

Thats always been the problem with batman. Instead of finishing the job he'll clink the heads of two chainsaw rapists together and leave em tied to a mailbox.

Dexter doesn't sail through the air and own multibillion dollar corporations.

Guy in the basement? Solomon Grundy? He's a walking Lazarus Pit, he's immortal.

But yeah, performing an inverted takedown and then cutting the rope causing the guy to fall on his head could be fatal in reality. At the very least Batman is responsible for some serious brain injuries on the denizens of Arkham City.

Batman has always been about the villains anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M&feature=player_embedded

First official trailer. Adore the first two, not completely sold on this one given that its not being developed by Rocksteady.

Doubt its much different then the previous two.

Neither Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill are doing voices for this game which really kills my desire for it. My favorite part of the first two was that it was like reliving my childhood watching the animated series.

Neither Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill are doing voices for this game which really kills my desire for it. My favorite part of the first two was that it was like reliving my childhood watching the animated series.

This. BtAS was what made me a major fan of Batman. They change the voices, the harder it will be for me to be immersed.

No way! I hadn't heard that. Fuck that sucks! That's a big part of what made the first 2 games so good and Mark Hammil did a freaking awesome job as Joker. Conroy's acting would never be confused for Marlon Brando but it fit. This does worry me and I'm not sure its a day 1 buy for me anymore. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were masterpiece games because of the way they were made and their atmosphere and not just because they had Batman in them.

Back