Batman: Arkham Knight

So turns out I actually didn't delete the game from my hard drive :eek:. It looks like indeed that the texture streaming bug with high framerates was fixed. The game itself is definitely running better, but to my disappointment it looks like they toned down the smoke and fog PhysX effects.
Nah. Just another card, period, like a 750 Ti to dedicate to PhysX in this one game that still processes PhysX on the GPU.

Just to let you know.There is no GPU Physx in Batman: Arkham Knight.

AMD card users can't enable PhysX effects. So obviously there are some. Notice the lack of arrows beside the Nvidia GameWorks PhysX effects. You need to own a Nvidia GPU to enable those as they run on the Nvidia GPU exclusively.

usgkVkQl.jpg

It is definitely using my dedicated 970 in the game because the clock speed on it increases from the idle 135 MHz to 800-900 MHz while playing. It stays idle in games that have only CPU PhysX, like The Witcher 3 and Project CARS.

It uses gameworks for Nvidia GPU yes.

Uninstall Physx for Nvidia and the play the game.You still get gameworks but you do not need Physx installed.

Started playing a bit today and it's running fine if not great on my 980. I'm running it with everything on (1080p) and 2x AA. The game is warning me that I might have stuttering/slowdowns, but it's fine on foot. I can only assume the real issues must lie with the batmobile as both fighting and flying = smooth.

Started playing a bit today and it's running fine if not great on my 980. I'm running it with everything on (1080p) and 2x AA. The game is warning me that I might have stuttering/slowdowns, but it's fine on foot. I can only assume the real issues must lie with the batmobile as both fighting and flying = smooth.

The Batmobile can drop about 15FPS from your average frame rate easily.

It's more difficult for me to play it now than when it was released. That patch only made things worse on my end, sadly.

I feel bad for you guys wanting to play this on PC. It really is the best batman game to date. Typically I do prefer to play just about anything on PC with a few exceptions. Only got Knight for PS4 because I felt like it would look better then it would on my PC that's running an 860m, and of course all the issues on top of that.... I NEED to play batman with a gamepad, but I could have done that on PC too like I did with asylum and city.

I really hope they get the shit in order though for you guys wanting to play on PC. I would highly suggest playing with a gamepad, but that's just me... The combat works so much better with one in my opinion. I got about 60% through the game and stopped to play MGSV but I'm about to jump back into it and I can't wait. It really is the batman experience. They've crafted the balance between main story and side plots perfectly. There is an ton more side plot stuff then the previous games. The additions, the bat mobile, the enhanced gliding, the beautiful graphics and large map, the tried and true combat.... It's just a hell of a lot of fun. I went into it after playing through asylum and city the month before, and it still wasn't getting old. Definitely fun times.

Jesus I cant believe this thing is still in the shitter. Guess Ill just quit caring about it and pick it up sometime in the future when it goes on sale or something. This is the worst, most ridiculous game release Ive ever seen.

It is on sale for 14 bucks on cdkeys dot com.
It is also the best Batman game of the series and is fully functional.

To be fair, there are some PC gamers who find the recently patched version to be playable and enjoyable. Others say the optimization still sucks though. I have been burned by one too many shitty PC ports to risk picking this one up given the mixed opinions. Perhaps a future patch will fix it once and for all.

To be fair, there are some PC gamers who find the recently patched version to be playable and enjoyable. Others say the optimization still sucks though. I have been burned by one too many shitty PC ports to risk picking this one up given the mixed opinions. Perhaps a future patch will fix it once and for all.

And some people have had zero issues with the game from day one. At some point people need to stop blaming games and blame there old PC's. Next gen games are here. 600 and low end 700 series cards aren't going to cut it anymore for 60fps max settings.

And some people have had zero issues with the game from day one. At some point people need to stop blaming games and blame there old PC's. Next gen games are here. 600 and low end 700 series cards aren't going to cut it anymore for 60fps max settings.

IIRC, there were several people in this thread with pretty high end setups experiencing performance issues that were unacceptable given the hardware the game was running on. It's not like everyone who complained was trying to run it on a Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM and a GTX 680.

I agree that it's very odd that people with similar gen hardware seem to be getting vastly different experiences, though. The game code doesn't change per install. It should either run well on a given setup, or not. The inconsistency is what I don't understand.

FWIW, I decided to play through the game after the September update. Really an excellent game, well worth playing once it runs properly on your setup.

As long as you are willing to wait until a final patch is released, I would wholeheartedly take advantage of the super low prices on the game. I can't imagine they will get even lower once the game is finally released, not for a long time anyway.

The game is perfectly playable on my machine. It still doesn't use SLI or Crossfire and the frame rates go into the low 30s on my machine in certain specific circumstances. It should run better than it does.

I think Dan's statement hits the nail on the head. It's playable now and it runs well most of the time. The issue is that some areas really bottom out for no reason at all. Some posters have even said their GPU usage flips out as well.
On paper the game should run as well as the last two did. It does about 75% of the time, and the other 25% is a crapshoot. I'd imagine this major patch *should* hopefully fix that other 25%.

I think Dan's statement hits the nail on the head. It's playable now and it runs well most of the time. The issue is that some areas really bottom out for no reason at all. Some posters have even said their GPU usage flips out as well.
On paper the game should run as well as the last two did. It does about 75% of the time, and the other 25% is a crapshoot. I'd imagine this major patch *should* hopefully fix that other 25%.

It shouldn't run as well as the previous games did. The map is much larger and the visuals improved in some areas. Mostly Batman in particular. Those two things by themselves should have some impact. The Batmobile creates other issues because it tears up the environment so bad unless you drive slow enough to drive Ms. Daisy. There are tons of particle effects in this game and more dynamic weather.

I was hoping to jump into Arkham Knight as soon as I finished MGS V: Phantom Pain but it looks like that won't be the case...will have to find another game to fill in the gap until Arkham Knight is re-released...probably Outlast which I've wanted to play for awhile

In the coming weeks, aka 6 months.

I just want them to release the DLC so I can play it. So every time I see "in the coming weeks" I want to punch the fucking moderator's over there. It's the standard lame duck answer for everything.

Haha those steam comments. Won't buy this game but I'll play it anyway.

Steam probably has the most toxic community out there depending on where you end up. Thankfully boards are more individual now so the shit doesn't spread.

I'm about to jump back into this and finish it. Stopped half way to play mgs. Looking forward to getting some crazy 200 count combo fights. I don't care the combat system has stayed the same for the arkham games, I love it.

Steam probably has the most toxic community out there depending on where you end up. Thankfully boards are more individual now so the shit doesn't spread.
Unfortunately I think the separation has made the boards even more divisive among the community. I used to be pretty active on the Steam boards, but stopped posting because it seems nearly everything I say is reacted to with hostility. I can handle criticism, but I'm not putting up with schoolyard bullies and high school cliques.

schoolyard bullies and high school cliques.

Unfortunately, that's what most of the "gaming" community feels like these days. It's getting to the point where I don't even like associating myself with it. People and society as a whole are kind of starting to associate the term "Gamer" with all sorts of negative things. Misogynists, racists, radicals, etc. The middle ground is disappearing very quickly.

I just want to enjoy gaming, not get caught up in some kind of political/moral war being waged around what feels like every game out there.

I think they fucked up by mentioning DLC in any capacity other than "we're giving it to you for free" in that post.

Right now it comes off as "Hey, so, the game is more or less fixed now, so we're putting it back on sale...and just in time to start charging for some DLC!"

I think they fucked up by mentioning DLC in any capacity other than "we're giving it to you for free" in that post.

Right now it comes off as "Hey, so, the game is more or less fixed now, so we're putting it back on sale...and just in time to start charging for some DLC!"

That line was also for the folks who already have the PC version with the Season Pass, who have been (im)patiently waiting because the DLC hasn't been getting released for the PC version while the main game was getting fixed. If WB is to be believed, they'll be brought up to parity with the consoles pretty quickly after they deem the PC port ready to sell again.

end of October for the Steam re-release???...wow...biggest clusterfuck in the history of PC gaming...I honestly don't care about free DLC because all of them so far have sucked...and they're really short (20 minutes for a DLC??)...the only DLC that looks to have potential is the upcoming 'The Season of Infamy' story-based DLC...so they're not going to offer any compensation for PC players??...just pretend that nothing happened and move on?

Back