Batman: Arkham Knight

What a mess. I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and see what happens. Hopefully the game is salvageable as I'm a huge fan.

What a mess. I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and see what happens. Hopefully the game is salvageable as I'm a huge fan.

Best course of action for anyone on the fence by far. Wait.

I feel like I've been lucky. I really haven't had any serious problems with the game on my end *so far*. All I did with the .ini was set the cap to 60 instead of 30 and went on my merry way.

There definitely are things missing on the PC version. It runs fine on my machine also. I am not panning on getting a refund, I like the actual game itself, but I am expecting them to patch the missing things back into the game.

I'm still getting tanking frame rates when using the batmobile, so I'm just going to hold off. I have no recourse for a refund anyway as I bought a key off of FS/FT here on H.

I never played through Origins, so I'll do that in the meantime for my batman fix.

What an unfortunate event this has been. The game itself is quite well entertaining when the games runs smooth. Feel bad for those people who paid full price and can't even play the game. I would do the same and refund if I could and just wait till all things are ironed out.

Last edited:
[L]imey;1041691037 said:
I'm still getting tanking frame rates when using the batmobile, so I'm just going to hold off. I have no recourse for a refund anyway as I bought a key off of FS/FT here on H.

I never played through Origins, so I'll do that in the meantime for my batman fix.

I fired up Arkham Asylum on my PS3 last night. I still like it the best, though I did have high hopes for Knight until this mess happened.

Amazing.

It's just like what happened with Ubisoft on AC Unity when it launched: Sometimes if enough of a large and loud shitstorm brews something can actually happen.

So we'll see where this goes. At best this game wasn't ready to be launched yet and I really have to wonder about this Iron Galaxy outfit in general.

I honestly don't know how much can realistically be done for the PC version of this game but I guess we're going to find out.

When was the last time we ever saw a game's sale suspended like this? Several people said unprecedented so I'm guessing never? If so... wow.

So glad console versions are "technical tour de forces" and the PC version isn't. Welcome to Bizarro World.

I recalled speaking to you a couple days ago regarding the performance test that you were going to do once you got your 980 Ti.

So what was the big comparison? Did 980 ti wipe the floor, in comparison to the 780? Did the improvement increase ten-fold?

Was is still horrendous when entering the batmobile? Still experience those jittery stutters when gliding around? Did you crank all Physx/Gameworks, and any more problems that you experienced?

Because if you got a 980 ti and you are running at 1080p, and your fps is still shit.....

But i also noticed from the Neogaf forums that due to lots of memory leaks, having 16g ram, a beefy gpu (with 5gb vram or more) and the game installed on SSD also improves your chances considerably for smoother performance, but that's just speculation.

Asylum was my favorite, too. It had the best pacing, and the exploration wasn't quite as overblown.
City felt like a game that was made based around checking boxes of things people should like. Unfortunately the sum of the parts wasn't equal to what the game was on paper. I found it to be very glitchy and lacked polish.
Origin's fixed most of the technical problems with City, but it had no soul.

I recalled speaking to you a couple days ago regarding the performance test that you were going to do once you got your 980 Ti.

So what was the big comparison? Did 980 ti wipe the floor, in comparison to the 780? Did the improvement increase ten-fold?

Was is still horrendous when entering the batmobile? Still experience those jittery stutters when gliding around? Did you crank all Physx/Gameworks, and any more problems that you experienced?

Because if you got a 980 ti and you are running at 1080p, and your fps is still shit.....

Pretty much wiped the floor with it and my FPS never drops below the high 50s even hauling ass in the Batmobile.

According to the Steam FPS overlay and the in game benchmark....they tracked very closely... they both said my average FPS was 75 and there were times during that benchmark I saw 100 FPS. You know that part where it shows Batman on the building and it pans? I spiked there.

Everything maxed out to the nines, 1920X1200, etc. etc. I don't see stuttering or hitching here.

I have the ini cap set to 60 instead of 30 and Vsync off. That's it.

Consensus of all reviews on 780 to 980Ti upgrade is give or take "70 percent performance boost" in general. I can't speak to that but it's appreciable and well worth it with what I'm seeing now in numerous games. Easily one of the best upgrades I've done in a long time.

But i also noticed from the Neogaf forums that due to lots of memory leaks, having 16g ram, a beefy gpu (with 5gb vram or more) and the game installed on SSD also improves your chances considerably for smoother performance, but that's just speculation.

Could be.

I'm not running this game on an SSD but obviously I have 6GB of VRAM now and I have 32 gigs of onboard RAM. Intel i7 4770K CPU as well OC'd at 4.4 Ghz.

Last edited:
Asylum was my favorite, too. It had the best pacing, and the exploration wasn't quite as overblown.
City felt like a game that was made based around checking boxes of things people should like. Unfortunately the sum of the parts wasn't equal to what the game was on paper. I found it to be very glitchy and lacked polish.

For me, Origins was glitchier and buggier than City (granted I didn't play AC when it was first released).

In some ways, I liked it the best out of all of them. Asylum has a special place in my heart, and ALL of them are great, but the Deathstroke fight and the Joker/Bane hotel sequence in Origins were some of the most exciting moments I've had with any of the Arkham games.

But I thought the Riddler datapacks were tedious and weren't as cool as the trophies in the previous two games, and those random street crimes started to get annoying after a while of stopping the same criminal activities over and over.

For me, Origins was glitchier and buggier than City (granted I didn't play AC when it was first released).

In some ways, I liked it the best out of all of them. Asylum has a special place in my heart, and ALL of them are great, but the Deathstroke fight and the Joker/Bane hotel sequence in Origins were some of the most exciting moments I've had with any of the Arkham games.

But I thought the Riddler datapacks were tedious and weren't as cool as the trophies in the previous two games, and those random street crimes started to get annoying after a while of stopping the same criminal activities over and over.

AA I have a special sentiment for as well. Fantastic game.

Arkham City, when it came out, raised the bar in a lot of ways for me on what third person action adventure games could and should be and it's no accident numerous games in that genre liberally borrowed or stole from it ever since which is fine by me.

GMG just refunded me for this game. I sent the wife to pick me up a copy for the PS4 since I'm a big fan of this series. :)

Seems like the people who are reporting decent performance have vsync off. That's not an option for me. I'd rather not play at all than to deal with image tearing.

Honestly AC Unity should've also has sales suspended, but ubisoft preferred to take the money, cut the whole project short, and run. Then run a teaser of the next game instead to make people think and talk of something else.

It kinda worked, didn't it? :p

City is my favorite of the first three games. Asylum had a great Metriodvania feel to it and everything worked well. Though the boss fights all sucked and the ending was terrible.

City just amped it all up. I loved exploring the larger area and taking on all the little side quests. City also had a great "well holy shit" ending that kept me wanting more during the long wait.

Origins is really good, I think. I'll give you that a lot of the gameplay feels souless, but it has the best boss fights of the series and some incredible sequences. The Deathstroke fight is probably one of my favorite boss battles in a video game. That scene with Bane and Joker in the hotel is amazing.

We'll see where things end up falling for Knight but based purely on story, world, and gameplay it's shaping up to be my favorite entry in the series. I'm not hating the Batmobile, I actually kind of like some of the stuff you do with it. The way the story unfolds is straight out of a comic book and it takes a lot of the elements of great Bat stories and weaves them in in a way that really makes it work. I knew who the Knight was the moment he started talking but it's kind of fun to see Batman figure it out and how the game hints at the reveal.

So the game ran fine with a old Titan and Shitworks turned off. Avg about 30 fps.

Just put in the gigabyte gaming edition 980ti and with shitworks turned on its averaging 65fps it looks like. All this at 1920x1200

*shrugs*

Dude! WTF! Where have you been. Nobody gives a shit about easter eggs.

Ha ha ha ha ha! At least Easter Eggs are better than finding out that you have to run 720p with everything on low to get 15fps. :) I was trying to cheer you'll up!

(And get this reaction)

So the game ran fine with a old Titan and Shitworks turned off. Avg about 30 fps.

Just put in the gigabyte gaming edition 980ti and with shitworks turned on its averaging 65fps it looks like. All this at 1920x1200

*shrugs*

You're tough to please it seems.

Well, you could always do a mission or two and just see how it behaves. Why not test it out?

the question is why would anyone want to play the game in its current condition??...even those lucky people that aren't experiencing too many problems should wait...everyone involved from WB to Rocksteady to Nvidia have stated that the game is currently not in its optimal state (missing graphical features, frame rate issues etc) so why not wait a few weeks and play it the 'way it was meant to be played'...sure you can play it a 2nd time but there's nothing like experiencing a game during a 1st playthrough

I waited until 5 patches were released before playing Assassin's Creed: Unity and it was a great experience...no locked chests that required some external app to unlock, no frame rate issues and the game was a graphics showcase...with Arkham Knight it's been confirmed that Anisotropic Filtering, Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field and possibly advanced rain effects are missing or broken on the current PC version

I'm just curious how it can run so f'ing bad on some people's systems.......Thats 2 different generations of cards and it ran without any major issues on both.

30 FPS average on a Titan with several things turned off doesn't seem like a major issue to you?

Experienced problems with the game flickering when loading up on both my laptops with Intel Core i5/i7 processors and NVIDIA GeForce graphics (i5-4210U and GeForce GT 820M in my Flex 15, i7-4710MQ and GeForce GTX 870M in my Clevo). Rendered the game completely unplayable.

Traced the problem back to the games Fullscreen mode and found a solution by replacing the graphics config file to load up Windowed mode and then switching to Windowed Without Borders, thought this might help a few people.

http://www.ultrabookgaming.com/fixing-flickering-in-batman-arkham-knight-on-nvidia-laptops/

The problem is that issues lie within a wide array of systems - even the best systems seem to have their gremlins with this game.

Fired it up again last night to make sure i wasn't going crazy and ran just as well as the night before i don't know what i did right but i'm glad i did it:D yes I've noticed some things missing like the rain textures
but the game looks good to me.better than the last. on a final note this has to be the worst pc game launch ever.:( they gotta make this right:mad: i'm thinking give everybody who bought and played the game up until the take down give them/us that $40 dlc for free. after the big patch of course.

Dude! WTF! Where have you been. Nobody gives a shit about easter eggs.

Calm down.

I know the "HURR WB SUXX" and "ITZ ALL GAMEWERKZ FAULT" circlejerk is really fun but with a few tweaks the game is actually playing for some of us. I know, shocking.

Yeah I'm excited and jealous for those who can play it in the current state. Seriously, good for those who can. I really want to play it as well, but with the absurdly inconsistent performance even with nearly identical setups, I guess I'm just on the "unlucky" end, and will have to wait.

There were like 3 other guys running my exact setup over on the steam forums, 3570k, 8gb ram, 970, and 2 it worked fine, and me and another guy it's too stuttery to play. Who knows what demons are in the code of that port?

Because they can? Maybe don't worry about what other people do with their time.

if only you followed your own advice...constantly preaching to people on forums about your circle jerk/reddit sermons...I'm going to save your quote and repost it when you do your usual preaching posts (which is 98% of your posts)

Back