Batman: Arkham Knight Update On Performance Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rocksteady Games has taken to the Steam Community page for Batman: Arkham Knight to address the game's ass-like performance on the PC. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

With these settings on Rec Spec AMD GPUs, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile. To help alleviate this, AMD users using Rec Spec GPU’s should turn Texture Resolution, Shadow Quality, and Level of Detail to Low. We continue to work closely with AMD to resolve these issues as soon as possible; make sure you have the most current drivers and check back here for updates on when the next driver version is available.

Worse yet is that it seems to lack some of the features that the consoles have, like ambient occlusion.

I've got a GTX 970, playing at 1080p with max settings (v-sync off) and it really looks like there is absolutely no ambient occlusion. Never realized how much vibrancy that brings to a scene until it's gone.

And the textures are disappointingly low-res.

Turn everything to LOW is their official position?

What a joke.

It's not like Rocksteady hasn't made a Batman game before.

Jeez.

All good things have to come to an end. Too bad.

It's not like Rocksteady hasn't made a Batman game before.

Jeez.

All good things have to come to an end. Too bad.

Except they didn't.

Rocksteady handed the PC duties over to some outfit called Iron Galaxy and that's largely why it's such a mess for to varying degrees.

The one piece of advice I saw is nonsense: You can raise the FPS to 60 in that ini file but don't go past that. It even says in the ini if you put a number higher than 60 there you're all but guaranteeing increased instability.

Am I the only one who is having absolutely no problems with this game on my GTX 970? I was extremely worried yesterday when I was at work and reading all the articles on how the game was running, however I updated to the new graphics driver via GeForce Experience, launched the game, then closed it and optimized it via the software, fired it back up and it ran like butter.

GTX970,
i7-4790k
16gb of RAM

I hope they get it fixed. I have not purchased this game yet. The first two were a great deal of fun and they ran so smooth for me. The battle system combined with how smooth the game played really nailed it for me.

No it runs fine on my system also. But I am not that happy with the missing things like AO and the rain texturing things. It stuff I probably wouldn't really notice when playing or just think something was a little off, but once you see them there like in some of the videos I have seen of the PS4 version, now I know what stuff is missing while I am playing and can't stop noticing it isn't there. It's a weird thing.

No it runs fine on my system also. But I am not that happy with the missing things like AO and the rain texturing things. It stuff I probably wouldn't really notice when playing or just think something was a little off, but once you see them there like in some of the videos I have seen of the PS4 version, now I know what stuff is missing while I am playing and can't stop noticing it isn't there. It's a weird thing.

That's probably my biggest disappointment with the game. I can deal with a 30 FPS lock, but missing entire visual features that lower powered consoles can do is unacceptable. I knew almost immediately something was wrong when I started that introductory sequence in the bar...everyone just looked so flat for some reason, when I know they had more detail thanks to the PS4 presentation video.

GMG has already made a statement saying that they'll refund copies after the next patch if nothing is resolved. I may have to take them up on it.

Am I the only one who is having absolutely no problems with this game on my GTX 970? I was extremely worried yesterday when I was at work and reading all the articles on how the game was running, however I updated to the new graphics driver via GeForce Experience, launched the game, then closed it and optimized it via the software, fired it back up and it ran like butter.

GTX970,
i7-4790k
16gb of RAM

No you're not the only one. i first played at midnight on 23'rd and it ran pretty good.after seeing complaints all throughout the day i was eager to see how it played on my rig again.so played at midnight today and it ran smooth no problems i'm enjoying the game.like you before i launched the game i ran driver update through geforce experience. i'm sorry to everyone that is having problems. mainly amd radeon users:( this is one huge reason that i got a geforce card in the last 2 months i figured this was coming:rolleyes: but amd did surprise me by releasing a beta driver on monday.:eek:

i5 2400,Gtx 970,16gb ram,8.1,Gsync(vsync off) 1440p,samsung 500gb ssd.
Game works on.

GMG has already made a statement saying that they'll refund copies after the next patch if nothing is resolved. I may have to take them up on it.
I am considering it also, but I am on the fence about it because I am not having issues with the game itself, but missing things that should be in the game but weren't necessarily promised would be there in the first place. Not sure if that is a valid reason for a refund personally, other than the nice feeling of saying screw you to WB this is what you get for your screw up.

Maybe this will be the first: "Batman: Arkham Knight FOTY edition" (Fail of the Year) and it would also be a PC exclusive :D

everything on low, basically just run this game like it's on a PS3. I remember Batman: Origin released with problems, however by the time I got it on sale.. those problems were mostly gone...I would of been fine with the same graphics as in Batman Origin... sure it's great to see graphical eye candy, but not at the expense of performance or few PC gamers able to buy the game b/c of higher hardware specs.

Part of me wonders if the Steam refund backlash will have the opposite effect of what PC gamers want. The intended message is "don't release broken PC games". But I think the message the publishers will get is 'Don't release on PC because PC gamers just whine and complain. Stick to consoles."

I mean honestly, if it wasn't available on PC at all, would that be a sales loss? People would just buy it for console instead.

On a side note.... DICE/EA, are you listening? Better not bone up the Battlefront release (but everyone knows they will).

Its amazing how much contempt game companies have for their customers now, just view them as walking piggy banks.

Both WB and Bungie shitting on its fanbase, worse in the case of Bungie is the man who made the comments used to be a game journalist who popped Bungie's chops over such bullshit in the past, but now gleefully tows the company line.

I really do hate to say this because I'm a proud member of the [H] but....

Why are you all surprised? Consoles bring home the bacon for developers and for titles like this, the PC development is secondary at best.

It's the same reason the Mac gets little support outside of Apple. Developers will always support the platform with bigger numbers and more cash flow.

I'm not saying we should all give up on PC gaming standards but don't be surprised by shit like this. This controversy only adds fuel to the fire regarding the debate of 'consoles vs. PCs'. All this publicity makes it that much less for developers to care for PC.

We sound like a massive outcry of disappointed gamers but at the end of the day NONE of the console kids are complaining which makes us the afflicted 1%.

Except they didn't.

Rocksteady handed the PC duties over to some outfit called Iron Galaxy and that's largely why it's such a mess for to varying degrees.

The one piece of advice I saw is nonsense: You can raise the FPS to 60 in that ini file but don't go past that. It even says in the ini if you put a number higher than 60 there you're all but guaranteeing increased instability.

That's still on them. They shouldn't have released it if it wasn't ready for release, end of story.

Back