Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch In August

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a new announcement on the Batman: Arkham Knight Steam group page stating that a patch for the PC version of the game will be out in August. No specific date, just "August."

As an update, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Rocksteady and our partners are targeting an interim patch update for existing players to be released in August. This update will address many of the issues we listed in our June 27 update. We will provide additional details as we finalize that interim patch over the coming weeks.

It would of been funny if the console version had these issues too... really funny.

As broken as it sounds, it may be for the best that they're not pegging down an exact date.

I've been playing it on PC and it's a blast.

People act like it's bad compared to PS4. It's bad for PC, still much much better than consoles.

So lets see... you beta test for free and you give money that could have been put in a money account and be earning interest.

I've been playing it on PC and it's a blast.

People act like it's bad compared to PS4. It's bad for PC, still much much better than consoles.

I love the "I didnt have a problem, so there is no problem" mentality.

I love the "I didnt have a problem, so there is no problem" mentality.

I said it was bad for PC, I never said there were no problems, but I still have a good time and is still running maxed. Still better than consoles... My point was people interpret it's running terrible as it runs better on consoles. Not true if you have a good rig.

The game itself is amazing.

I said it was bad for PC, I never said there were no problems, but I still have a good time and is still running maxed. Still better than consoles... My point was people interpret it's running terrible as it runs better on consoles. Not true if you have a good rig.

Plenty of people with "good rigs" are having plenty of issues though. The port was crap, otherwise they'd of never pulled it completely and left it up for sale and just patched it at some point.

Finished the game on my PC. Ran fine at max settings and not once did it crash. I enjoyed it.

an interim patch

So does that mean its just going to be a quick band-aid that will only fix a few of the issues? Doubt many will jump on this at release except for those that haven't already gotten a refund. I know I'll be waiting for some reviews before even touching this game now. Sad too because this was going to be a day 1 or 2 buy for me. Fuck you WB or Rocksteady or whoever is responsible for this debacle. This is 3 shitty Batman game releases in a row. This one definitely takes the cake though at having to be pulled off the shelves for 2 months.

Plenty of people with "good rigs" are having plenty of issues though. The port was crap, otherwise they'd of never pulled it completely and left it up for sale and just patched it at some point.

The port was crap. I never denied that. But even a shitty port on PC is >> playing on a console.

I only know my experience and what I've seen in the Batman thread. Plenty of people played it maxed and enjoyed it. Most of the people complaining in that thread never even installed the game. The game was phenomenal compared to the other Batmans. I did 3440x1440 maxed with AA on one GPU.

I never encountered one bug, only subpar FPS optimization.

A shitty port that is broken or unplayable is not better than a good experience on a console.

The port was crap. I never denied that. But even a shitty port on PC is >> playing on a console

is that how low the bar is set for you?...it runs better then consoles so it's great??...if the developers acknowledge major issues and have pulled the game because of performance issues and missing features then I don't think anyone can say otherwise...I'd rather wait and play the game the way it was meant to be played rather then being impatient and needing to play a half assed port just because I can...the first playthrough of a game needs to be experienced without any major technical issues

Yeah you are right as they pulled the pc game because only low end comps had issues. :rolleyes:

It is a real shitty port. Probably one of the worst ever for a AAA game. However, to say it is broken and unplayable is patently false. I think some of you need to stop overreacting and come back to reality.

It is a real shitty port. Probably one of the worst ever for a AAA game. However, to say it is broken and unplayable is patently false. I think some of you need to stop overreacting and come back to reality.
So the game was pulled just for people overreacting? Lol this very thread is about about the main patch not coming out until August? Please tell what in the hell takes this long to fix if its not "broken".

Its so hilarious to see some people act like its no big deal because they feel like it plays well enough for them. Its people like you that are the problem with gaming not the people complaining about the game running like shit.

It's pretty bad on the rig in my signature. The engine doesn't scale and has a serious bottleneck somewhere, I practically get the same frames at 3440x1440 as I do 1280x720.

Yep it is pretty rough on all setups I have tried it on. I get lots of framerate drops even though its hardly even using my 980 Ti. It never feels smooth either.

So the game was pulled just for people overreacting? Lol this very thread is about about the main patch not coming out until August? Please tell what in the hell takes this long to fix if its not "broken".

Its so hilarious to see some people act like its no big deal because they feel like it plays well enough for them. Its people like you that are the problem with gaming not the people complaining about the game running like shit.
Then I must be a genius because it ran just fine on mine at max settings and 2560K resolution. Tell me, if the game is in such a broken state, how was I able to play it and finish the game? I have 95 hours of playtime as proof on Steam. The game did not crash once during the whole play through.

There is no one else to blame but yourself for the game being unplayable on your PC if you have decent setup. i7 4770k, gtx780, Windows 8.1 Pro, latest Nvidia beta driver are what I played the game on. I stand behind what I wrote because I can back it up.

Then I must be a genius because it ran just fine on mine at max settings and 2560K resolution. Tell me, if the game is in such a broken state, how was I able to play it and finish the game? I have 95 hours of playtime as proof on Steam. The game did not crash once during the whole play through.

There is no one else to blame but yourself for the game being unplayable on your PC if you have decent setup. i7 4770k, gtx780, Windows 8.1 Pro, latest Nvidia beta driver are what I played the game on. I stand behind what I wrote because I can back it up.
Your level of arrogance and ignorance is astounding.

I think the people playing the game in its current condition claiming that it looks and runs great don't care about 60+ frame rates, enabling all eye candy etc...which begs the question, why are they even gaming on PC?

is that how low the bar is set for you?...it runs better then consoles so it's great??...if the developers acknowledge major issues and have pulled the game because of performance issues and missing features then I don't think anyone can say otherwise...I'd rather wait and play the game the way it was meant to be played rather then being impatient and needing to play a half assed port just because I can...the first playthrough of a game needs to be experienced without any major technical issues

That's not what I said. My comment was aimed at the crowd acting like PS4 runs better than ALL PCs. I said it was a shitty port, but I got it via coupon, and if I preordered I'd surely be pissed. My minimum framerate I saw was 40fps which is fine for me for third person. My average is 50 with Vsync on. This is at 2.5x the pixels of consoles, maxed, and AA.

Something sure is quirky though. My GPU sits around 70% usage. I am actually impressed with the graphics given it's only using 70%. If they could fix that, it's the only issue I've encountered.

Back