Batman: Arkham City for PC

drstk

Supreme [H]ardness
Shows that it will unlock in 3 hours on steam. Waited over a month to play it (stayed away from any console versions of it). anyone else gonna put down bf3/skyrim for a bit? i will :D lets hope the one month delay was worth it......

sucks there is no pre load on steam ><

EDIT: you can d/l it now through steam

Last edited:
Yeah, really sucks that they didn't do a preload... Have crappy internet at my new house and won't be able to play until tomorrow morning, and I have to work too. :/ Oh well, might play hooky and leave a little early to play this :D

Shows that it will unlock in 3 hours on steam. Waited over a month to play it (stayed away from any console versions of it). anyone else gonna put down bf3/skyrim for a bit? i will :D lets hope the one month delay was worth it......

sucks there is no pre load on steam ><

Console copies are great. So is the PC copies. But the console copy is 60$... lol at that. Waiting for it to unlock myself.. 1 hour to go ;)

I'm downloading it right now. :)

Not sure how long the unlock is until though...

Edit: If it won't download, exit Steam entirely & restart it. It will be available for downloading.

I got this game for free with my GTX 570 :)

But I don't even know if I want to play it :(

Just started my Steam DL...16gb yikes! I was kinda miffed about the lack of a preload but like a lot of folks I got this game for free w/ an Nvidia card so I'm not losing much sleep over it.

Starting my download at 3.2 MB/s should be done in an hour 20 minutes. I hope they did good with 2 delays.

I have been playing for a while and I am VERY disappointed. I have had numerous slowdowns and little pauses for no reason at all. even the benchmark dropped to nearly zero at times. at the places its having issues the gpu is not even being hardly loaded at all. the choppier it gets the less gpu usage its showing so something is wrong here. and why did they fool with DX11 features yet not not take the time to upgrade the console looking textures?

plenty of others are reporting the same issues too. I am going to try it without DX11 now and see how that goes.

Can you confirm that turning on AA with DX11 breaks the game?

what do you mean break? i can still play it, but there is some problems with those settings on.

my first game i started with the settings maxed out. in the first area some of the textures where flickering constantly like a strobe light..... some areas didnt have this problem. but in this one area, about 75% of the textures in the building where flickering ><

i can confirm that having DX11 and AA enabled will result in this. Only having DX11 on made batmans cape look transparent with some flickering....

turning DX11 off, i didnt run to any more of the texture problems. game looks and runs great otherwise. (running 11.10 drivers)

what do you mean break? i can still play it, but there is some problems with those settings on.

my first game i started with the settings maxed out. in the first area some of the textures where flickering constantly like a strobe light..... some areas didnt have this problem. but in this one area, about 75% of the textures in the building where flickering ><

i can confirm that having DX11 and AA enabled will result in this. Only having DX11 on made batmans cape look transparent with some flickering....

turning DX11 off, i didnt run to any more of the texture problems. game looks and runs great otherwise. (running 11.10 drivers)

I read one user having the game crash twice, then the benchmark showed 0 fps minimum. He turned off those settings and the game ran smooth.

issues are mostly DX11 related for sure. turn that off and the game plays much better. in DX11 even the audio will cut out a little bit at the startup of the game where it says Nvidia. that does not happen without DX11.

gpu usage is still dropping below 50% at times. it seems to drop way off where physx is being used which is the opposite of what should be happening.

DX11 bench
37 avg
0 min

DX9 bench
61 avg
27 min

Ironic that the game was free with the 570 yet runs like shit on it. :eek:
well its running like shit in general. DX11 and maybe even physx are to blame because gpu usage just plummets in spots that it should be going up in. I saw just 20% gpu during some spots of the DX11 benchmark.

runs like shit. Lots of skipping and hiccups, could be DX11 and/or Physx

rwRzk.jpg

that was with everything on high Ambient Occlusion off. DX 11 Features on and on normal, FXAA low.

I can't even sign into GFWL without the game crashing. Only setting I changed in the game setup options was physx from normal to high.

game runs great without DX11 features so thats the way I will run it. tbh, I do not usually run optional DX11 features anyway since they hurt performance but look no different when actully playing the game instead of staring at a screenshot. the game does look good either way too except for some low res textures. they do still need to fix the DX11 issues though.

Only played it for a few minutes after you suit up in the Bat Suit. So far it kind of reminds me of the free roaming Spider-Man games with all the cape gliding and Bat Hook shooting while in mid-air. My space bar is going to get a work out with this game, heh.

game runs great without DX11 features so thats the way I will run it. tbh, I do not usually run optional DX11 features anyway since they hurt performance but look no different when actully playing the game instead of staring at a screenshot. the game does look good either way too except for some low res textures. they do still need to fix the DX11 issues though.

I agree, I played with a mixture of DX 11, PhsyX and AA features with 3D on and off and the game runs great when DX 11 is completely off but like crap when any DX 11 setting is turned on, hopefully this gets patched soon as it seems like it's pretty much everyone's conclusion here.

Actually PhysX seems to add more to the game than DX 11 and like its predecessor its awesome in 3D. I'll try my secondary gaming rig (i7 920 480 GTX single 1920x1200 screen) tonight to see if it runs better with DX 11 on.

With low FSAA, PhysX at normal and every else at max in 3D at 5760×1080 I'm getting a smooth 40 FPS. I can turn off 3D, turn on DX 11 and get almost double the frame rate but the game runs much worse with a LOT of stuttering.

Just my initial late night sleep deprived observations.

I think I'll be playing this tonight. :) I wonder how the game feels if I use my PS3 controller through the MotioninJoy tool. How well does this game map to controllers of different types? I'm wondering if I should use my controller in PS3 mode or emulated 360 mode.

DX11 definitely needs to be fixed. The title screen alone drops me into single digits (albeit the game runs better), but I still get single digit frame rates at places. This is with everything set to low, but DX11 turned on. If I run it in DX9 mode, I can max out pretty much everything and get smooth performance.

Guess this game wasn't just delayed to let the console versions sell more copies, it just really didn't work, too bad.

I will buy later, after the unofficial beta period. Gives me time to install my old GTX 240 if they gimped CPU physx again.

Mine's crashing like crazy, too. I've tried to run the benchmark 5-6 times and finally made it through once with all forms of AA turned off and DX11 disabled...only to have it turn around and crash almost immediately afterward.
With DX11 on, I was ranging from single digits to 60 FPS, with my average in the 30's...at least until it crashed. With all AA off and DX11 off (buy PhysX on high since I have a spare card) I was averaging around 50'ish.
Seems REALLY buggy though. Lots of crashing going on.

For those experiencing the DX11/AA stuttering/bad performance, what video card and driver are you using?

AMD users using 11.11a ? - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111aperformance.aspx

NV users using 285.79 ?

Using NVidia's 285.79 drivers.

My computer is actually slightly upgraded a bit from the sig. Processor is a 980 instead of 975, but using 2x Geforce 580 GTX's. The game's running on an SSD.

My computer isn't top of the line, but I have a hard time imagining the latest and greatest getting significantly more performance. Atm, the game really is unplayable with DX11. (The title screen alone runs @ 4 fps).

*EDIT*

For those of us who have multiple monitors with DX9 mode, make sure to disable the second/third/etc. monitors. There seem to be issues if running with more than one monitor.

I scoured the Steam forums a bit this morning and people are saying that both PhysX and DX11 features are broken.
Looks like I got what I asked for :p
Instead of more delays, they just gave us something that doesn't work right. Back to Skyrim until a patch (or new driver) hits I guess.

Back