Batman Arkham Asylum, PC or Console :o

I hate the jaggies on ps3 and xbox. Played all 3 demos and I'm going with PC this time.. the xbox controller on pc works pretty well.. btw, the grapx vs ps3 is night and day.. IMO

I can also say the graphics vs XBOX 360 is night and day... IMO

pc of course, if you are dying to use a controller, grab an xbox 360 controller and game at a decent resolution

I was going to get it for PC but forgot I put it on my Xbox360 Gamefly que. The graphics are pretty damn good on the 360...but the jaggies are killing me :(

Played the demo on PC last night... really cool. A friend had it going on 360 and it's definitely nicer on PC, but the difference is not huge. Lack of AA in the 360 version and the lower resolution (I was playing at 2560x1600) are what's noticable.

It reminds me a bit of Thief with more fighting -- and any game that plays like Thief is win in my view.

Last edited:
My PS3 is connected to a 60" Kuro so I think I will go with the console version...

I played the demo on my PC.
I also played the demo on my 360.

It looks much better on my PC... the gameplay also feels identical when using my 360 controller on my PC.

My only complaint is that the game doesn't seem good enough to warrant the cost. It would make an awesome game rental (which eliminates the PC option) or it would be a good buy at $20 (as long as you're patient).

I played the demo on my PC.
I also played the demo on my 360.

It looks much better on my PC... the gameplay also feels identical when using my 360 controller on my PC.

My only complaint is that the game doesn't seem good enough to warrant the cost. It would make an awesome game rental (which eliminates the PC option) or it would be a good buy at $20 (as long as you're patient).

hhehe yea i paid $29.99 for the ps3 verison
that was big factor in getting me to buy the game
but it is pretty long game and worth the $60 bucks i think
there is alot of gameplay plus your gonan want to replay it on hard or do a couple run throughs it is a very high quality product

hhehe yea i paid $29.99 for the ps3 verison
that was big factor in getting me to buy the game
but it is pretty long game and worth the $60 bucks i think
there is alot of gameplay plus your gonan want to replay it on hard or do a couple run throughs it is a very high quality product

i can definately understand people not wanting to drop full price on this game. at the same time, i spent 60 on it first day and i friggin love this game. i mean: I AM THE MOTHERFUCKING BATMAN!

it's well fleshed out and very well paced.

this game definately has a bit of a cinematic quality to it, i would recommend whichever has a better overall comfort experience (sound, lighting, ass comfort) i.e. if your PC runs it better than your console but you're stuck with crappy speakers (voice acting is SUPERB) or whatever, i'd go with the tv.

I got it on 360, graphics look pretty nice on 360 and enough not to make it worth waiting more :p i was pretty eager about the game

PhysX doesn't add much to make it worth while the wait either

I got it on 360, graphics look pretty nice on 360 and enough not to make it worth waiting more :p i was pretty eager about the game

PhysX doesn't add much to make it worth while the wait either

I agree, the game in itself already looks incredible on consoles (I have the demo for PC too, it looks better) but I seriously don't care.. I get my trophies as well on my PS3 account, haha. Game runs really good too!

i got it for ps3 cuz i have surround sound + nice couch + 52inch hdtv in living room.

I'll be picking it up on PC because I have the same junk as you listed plus a couple sweet computers which are hooked up to the Onkyo via HDMI. The PC version looks far superior, of course.

Xbox360 controller charged up for the demo, downloading it now.

edit: This is looking like a buy. Awesome controls and graphics in this game.

Last edited:
I'm forcing myself to wait for the PC release. I keep hearing how awesome the game is though, which is encouraging. However, if I find a deal for the console version before the PC version is released, I'll probably pick that up instead.

I'm forcing myself to wait for the PC release. I keep hearing how awesome the game is though, which is encouraging. However, if I find a deal for the console version before the PC version is released, I'll probably pick that up instead.

Same, but I'm definitely waiting for the PC version no matter what. Counting down the next two weeks.

So, is the 360 version really bad? I'm looking at picking this up for Christmas but for the 360 since I don't have all that many games for it. That and I'd really rather not get it for the PC just for the shear fact that my wife got me the 360 for Christmas last year and I very rarely play it. I think having a new game for it would give it some use.

So, is the 360 version really bad? I'm looking at picking this up for Christmas but for the 360 since I don't have all that many games for it. That and I'd really rather not get it for the PC just for the shear fact that my wife got me the 360 for Christmas last year and I very rarely play it. I think having a new game for it would give it some use.

All versions of the game are excellent.

Go for it. 360 ain't bad at all, and hey you'll make the wife happy lol.

Could get it for the PC and use a XBOX 360 controller. :D
The game is awesome, by the way. Fighting has elements of Too Human (title for the 360), plus Fallout 3 like death scenes, coupled with hide in the shadows, silent take downs. Graphics are amazing and they use the same voice actors from the Batman cartoon (Mark Hamil as the joker FTW), even though the characters look different from their animated counter-parts. It is not a kids game at all, The riddler has a great joke about cutting up babies.

Last edited:
It is not a kids game at all, The riddler has a great joke about cutting up babies.

cartoons5122.jpg

This game is great. I beat it in 30 or so hours. Still have to go back through and get all the Riddler's riddles. Definitely playing through a second time!

SPOILER ALERT ************************************ SPOILER ALERT

You can find interviews with the inmates, throughout the game. It is a taped recording of a psychologist interviewing Edward nigma.

He asks the old riddle about what walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three in the evening.

The doctor guesses right a human being (babies crawl on four legs, adults walk around on two, and old people use a cane so that makes three)

Edward replies, it is a baby for all three.
I'm not sure about the wording but he says you can cut a babies legs off and it twitches around on two legs. You can give a baby a crutch and it hobbles along on three.

The doctor says "that is horrible, how can you say something like that."

Edward replies: "simple ... its not my baby"

I lol'd hard in RL when I heard that.

This game looks soooooooooo hawt with the pc plus the 360 controller for it just makes it even better.

This game looks soooooooooo hawt with the pc plus the 360 controller for it just makes it even better.

Tell me about it, i've already played the demo over 40 times. I havent been this excited for a game since halo 2 :D.

I am so torn here, I want to buy it for the PS3 because it just feels like a console game and my TV/PS3 haven't gotten much use at all in months... But at the same time I could play it with my 360 controller @ 2560x1600 which is just jaw droppingly gorgeous with this game's graphics. DECISIONS!!

Actually this game plays very well with a keyboard and mouse, at least the demo did but I have an Xbox 360 controller in case that starts looking like a better option. Getting it for the PC of course since I don't own a console.

Got the platinum trophy on this a few days back.. such a good game! Brilliant! I hope there will be a sequal.

If only they would not add the damn physx, we could already play it on PC... some crap fog, moving paper and other useless gimnicks delaying this game. Damn, I'm so tempted to just buy it on ps3 and not wait for another 10 days

Well if you buy it for PS3.. resale value would be there compared to the PC... heh.

i beat the game twice iam trying to sell my copy i got the ps3 verison

Yeah I beat the game twice too. Second time around I was going by so fast, must have beat it within 4-5 hours tops on hard mode.

Back