Batch files and VB / Access

jen4950

[H]F Junkie
I have an old Access MDE that I don't have the current source for that I need a button clicked automatically from a batch file.

Can you call a VB sub from the command line? I know the sub name.

The button simply updates the data source automatically and our users always forget to click the button because it is buried in a sub form, so they print reports with the wrong data.

I'm deploying a bunch of newly configured VM's with the reports pointed to the wrong data, and would like to simply trigger the update from the deployment batch file.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

You can make a macro called AutoExec to run code when the database is opened.

You can make a macro called AutoExec to run code when the database is opened.

That would work if I had the original code and were able to modify the MDB. The MDE is locked and uneditable.

That would work if I had the original code and were able to modify the MDB. The MDE is locked and uneditable.
Ask someone in IS/IT to insert the capability.

You can do semi-reliable SendKeys from WSH (or control the Access database via CreateObject with OLE automation from WSH), but the easiest method of solving the problem is to just do it correctly.

Ask someone in IS/IT to insert the capability.

You can do semi-reliable SendKeys from WSH (or control the Access database via CreateObject with OLE automation from WSH), but the easiest method of solving the problem is to just do it correctly.

Again, the problem is that's me.

I fired my IT guy / programmer because he didn't like the idea of showing up for work.

I would love to do it correctly, but the app it over 10 years old and the source is long gone.

Back