Batch file loop help, extra iteration?

visionviper

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm trying to put a batch file together to run a program on each logical drive on a system except for optical drives. It filters out the optical drives just fine but for some reason my echo of the built up command I am testing with runs one extra time except the variables have no values. It's like the loop is iterating an extra time on a null value. Ideas?

(The IF NOT !drive! == %safe% is just making sure I don't run the command for the drive the script lives on and "safe" is just an acronym)
Code:
for /F "usebackq skip=1 tokens=1,2" %%a IN (`wmic logicaldisk get DeviceID^,DriveType`) do (
    SET drive=%%a
    SET driveType=%%b
    IF NOT !drive! == %safe% (
        IF NOT !driveType! == 5 (
        ECHO test commands
        )
    )
)

The wmic command output includes an extra CR at the end. On stackoverflow someone made a workaround by adding an additional for loop to give you something like this:

Code:
for /F "usebackq skip=1 tokens=1,2" %%a IN (`wmic logicaldisk get DeviceID^,DriveType`) do for /F "tokens=1 delims=:" %%c in ("%%a") do (
    SET drive=%%c
    SET driveType=%%b
    IF NOT !drive! == %safe% (
        IF NOT !driveType! == 5 (
        ECHO test commands
        )
    )
)

Works great, thanks! I've been trying to figure it our for hours today. Where did you happen to find that (one of the places I've been looking was stackoverflow)

Back