Basic SLI question with Maximus V Formula

magictoaster

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know if it's possible to install a SLI setup with one card in the PCIE_X16/X8_1 (first red one from the top) slot, one card in the PCIE_X8/X4_2 slot (second red one from the top), and a sound card in PCIE_X4/X1_3 slot (last red one at the bottom) using a i7 2600K CPU?

I have seen conflicting reports about the lane configuration on this board.

I would have placed the sound card in the first slot (PCIEX4_1) but it doesnt fit thanks to the insanely large Phantek cooler.

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
It should work without a problem... Both GPU will keep at x8. Without be affected by the soundcard (that has the problem some people have with video recorder as example) i tested right now in my sabertooh z77 and all fine with a sound card on the third pci-e x4 mode no problem..

magictoaster

Limp Gawd
Thanks for trying it on your setup! I'll know if its also working on mine this weekend. If not, the on-board audio should be good enough...

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
the onboard of the maximus V formula its better than many 7.1 audio cards.. the supreme FX 7.1 on your mobo its just amazing... :) minimum noise, excelent dbi output..

magictoaster

Limp Gawd
the onboard of the maximus V formula its better than many 7.1 audio cards.. the supreme FX 7.1 on your mobo its just amazing... :) minimum noise, excelent dbi output..

Well good news, you where right! It works perfectly!

Both Titans are running at PCI-E 2.0x16@8 2.0, and are configured in SLI in the NVIDIA control panel. The sound card (I'm currently using an ASUS Xonar Phoebus) is also working fine. :D

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
Well good news, you where right! It works perfectly!

Both Titans are running at PCI-E 2.0x16@8 2.0, and are configured in SLI in the NVIDIA control panel. The sound card (I'm currently using an ASUS Xonar Phoebus) is also working fine. :D

glad to know.. now enjoy..!

best regards..