Basic MP3 Player for Audio Books/Music?

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a new job, but it requires 1.5-2 hours/day in commute. I want to take advantage of that time. What is a good small-sized MP3 player primarily for audio books and occasional music? I don't care for videos, games and all that crap, just a simple audio player.

Requirements:
- Must support MP3 and FLAC
- 4-8GB Storage
- Drag N' Drop music files like a USB thumb drive (I don't have much time, work 10-12 hour shifts.)

Also, do any modern MP3 players allow to navigate music via folders? I would love to direct to a certain folder and have it play all the files in order based on the file names. Some of my audiobooks are over 50 files. I don't want to mess with ID3 tags.

I am eyeing the Sansa Clip+ but not sure if one can navigate folders with it.

Thanks!

Clip+ is a great idea, but I think I'd recommend the Fuze over it (not the new version, the Fuze+). Kinda hard to say why, just personal preference I suppose, but given you can have a Clip+ with 40GB of content on it is pretty remarkable.

Might be the better choice, that's for you to decide, but I found a Fuze in a pawn shop a few days ago (8GB model) for $20 and grabbed it. It's the older one with the spin-wheel controller. I don't like the "revamped" Fuze+ with the tactile controls they've got out now, but again, that's just a personal preference.

Either one should work just fine for the audio books as folder navigation is indeed possible on the SanDisk players.

Consider putting rockbox on your sandisk player.

Oh neat! I actually have a Sansa E200R laying around somewhere that supports Rockbox. I will give it a shot, hopefully it will allow folder views of my music!

Thanks

Back