barracuda spam/virus is blocking emails to an online printer

Guys
I dont know if any of you guys have ran into this problem before but I have barracuda spam and virus and when I try to send an email to my HP printer at [email protected] I am getting 550 5.7.1 command rejected. But I can send an email to my hp printer from like gmail.com but not from my domain.

printer@ is blacklisted automatically and you cant shut it off in many email systems.
Set up an alias like prn1@ and it will go through.

That is a totally different story than your first post.
Do you have a spf and domain keys set up for your domain?

May I ask why would SPF and domain keys have to do with any of this it's barracuda rejecting the email.

is @hpeprinter.com outside your organization? If so does the barracuda know how to route to it?

Have you tried to telnet on port 25 to the printer to see if it responds?

on the barracuda under advanced > Troubleshoot there is a telnet test you can do.

yes @hpeprinter.com is out of my organization and what you mean how does the cuda route to it? I cant even telnet into my printer while its on the local network. Also the cuda cant even connect to hpeprint.com via telnet.

yes @hpeprinter.com is out of my organization and what you mean how does the cuda route to it? I cant even telnet into my printer while its on the local network. Also the cuda cant even connect to hpeprint.com via telnet.

.... if you can't telnet to port 25 how does your printer receive emails?

Wait... so what does this network look like? A diagram would really help. Is the printer behind the barracuda? Is the custom domain mail server behind it as well?

So Gmail ------> Barracuda --------> Printer works but ExternalSMTPServer------>Barracuda------->Printer doesn't?

NO

its my mail server ---> Cuda the printer is on the same internal network connected via wireless.

But the printer will work outside the internal network say I when I send email from gmail it would work just fine.

SMTP 550 is usually when the recieving email address doesn't exist or the server rejected the email. Have you set up HP ePrint to accept mail from your other email address?

Barracuda could be modifying outgoing emails and causing hpeprinter.com to reject them. Or it could be blocking them directly. Try temporarily disabling outbound scanning/filtering. If it works you'll need to figure out how to configure it to allow it.

Last edited:
I have an friend who who have same cuda as I have and he said its noting to due with cuda. Its something on HP mail server.

Back